Bachelor of Science from School of Foreign Service @
International marketing executive with 20+ years of technology and consumer product brand management and leadership experience at Fortune 100 companies. Proven ability to professionalize the marketing function of emerging and hyper-growth businesses. Expertise in both Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business marketing strategy and execution with measurable results. Directly leading teams managing product lines of over $2+ billion USD revenue
International marketing executive with 20+ years of technology and consumer product brand management and leadership experience at Fortune 100 companies. Proven ability to professionalize the marketing function of emerging and hyper-growth businesses. Expertise in both Business-to-Consumer and Business-to-Business marketing strategy and execution with measurable results. Directly leading teams managing product lines of over $2+ billion USD revenue annually in various businesses. Solid track record of delivering successful product launches resulting in share gain and P&L growth. 14+ years of international work experience living in Latin America and UK. Fluent in Spanish and conversational in Italian. Interested in marketing executive roles in small to medium-sized fast-growth companies with dynamic environments that need to professionalize their marketing function.
Specialties: Marketing strategy and execution, building teams, positioning and branding, product and brand management, product development and launch, research, traditional and digital media, social media.
SVP Marketing & Product - EMEA @ From July 2015 to Present (4 months) London, United KingdomSenior VP Marketing and Communications @ Leading all marketing and PR for Criteo [Nasdaq: CRTO] worldwide. Criteo delivers personalized advertising across mobile, social and desktop working with over 6,000 advertisers and over 8,000 publishers globally including all RTB (real-time-bidding) networks. From August 2013 to June 2015 (1 year 11 months) London, United KingdomExecutive Director, Global Channel Marketing & Programs @ Leading global team of 120 people responsible for development and execution of marketing and programs to and through Dell's 100+K resellers, distributors, SI's and OEM partners worldwide. From July 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomExecutive Director, Channel Marketing and Programs - Europe @ Leading the marketing, programs and operations functions for Dell's PartnerDirect Channel business. Managing a team of 56 people across Europe. Key responsibilities include the development and implementation of all channel marketing and marcom activities; devising and executing the channel programs such as partner tiering, on-boarding, deal registration, rebates, sales productivity initiatives as well as online activities. From February 2009 to July 2012 (3 years 6 months) Commercial Online Director - EMEA @ Responsible for commercial online business for EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) via Dell's customized Premier Pages and B2B procurement connections. Leading team of 56 people based throughout EMEA to drive proportion of online business via sales & customer programs, IT platform enhancements and business process improvements.
- Established new team structure from May 2008 which included 4 functional areas: online business managers, online program management, support and online store operations.
- Developed and reviewed with business leaders quarterly online growth targets and action plans
- Put in place Online Helpdesk supporting all EMEA sales teams in 4 key languages based in low cost sites
- Worked with global counterparts and IT to determine annual IT priorities
- Drove EMEA roll-outs of Premier and B2B platform enhancements
- Developed and implemented sales training curriculum
- Led program that accelerated business-to-business exchange implementations with largest customers From January 2008 to January 2009 (1 year 1 month) Channels Operations Director, EMEA @ Director of sales operations responsible for establishing operational infrastructure of Dell's new Channel business targetting VARs and ISGs across EMEA. Key accomplishments include designing organization of ~15 people, hiring initial key managers, establishing a pricing and support centre, launching partner web portal. From September 2007 to December 2007 (4 months) Marketing Director, UK and Ireland @ - Leading a 35-person UK marketing department which develops and implements Dell’s marketing strategy and programs (offline and online) for all business customers in the UK.
- Reporting directly to Managing Director of Dell UK and Ireland.
- Driving product revenues of over $2 billion annually across all Dell product lines including desktops, notebooks, printers, servers, storage and services.
- Successfully launched 3 new product lines during current tenure - business notebooks, 9th Generation servers and laser printers -supported by integrated internal and external marcom, sales training and press campaigns.
- Engaging regularly with UK press to communicate Dell’s overall and product-specific strategy messages.
- Delivering fastest server growth in market at number 2 share rank for Q1CY06 based on IDC reports.
- Responsible for allocation and implementation of $5 million USD annual marketing budget. From November 2005 to August 2007 (1 year 10 months) Senior Manager, Electronics, Peripherals & Software Marketing - EMEA @ - Grew total portfolio annual revenue 35% year-on-year to approx. $1.2 billion while increasing profit margin by 3 percentage points.
- Regularly delivered business reviews to country Managing Directors and Dell EMEA President.
- Led team of 14 reports (including 2 managers) in product management and marketing programs roles.
- Drove reorganization of team to re-align and add resources for growth plan. Grew team from 8 originally.
- Launched multiple new products across EMEA including new flat panels, handheld PDAs and projectors, which have each won significant press awards.
- Led EMEA press engagements to introduce new products and discuss business strategy.
- Managed partner funding program of over $4 million USD.
- Participant in Leadership3, Dell’s executive development acceleration program for high-potential business leaders. From May 2004 to October 2005 (1 year 6 months) Senior Manager, Displays, Memory & Storage Product Marketing - US @ - Grew total portfolio revenue from under $900M USD to $1.3 billion over 2-year period at required margins.
- Directly managed team of 7 product managers.
- Launched Dell projector business achieving $35 million and 1% market share in first 3 quarters with 1 product. In second year, expanded product line, grew revenue 160%, doubled margin dollars & grew market share to 7%.
- Launched first Dell LCD TVs into US market for Christmas holiday season resulting in approx. 5% share.
- Accelerated Dell flat panels via internal and external re-launch resulting in ~50% revenue growth for 2 years.
- Drove flash memory business to double quarter-over-quarter and grew total Memory revenue 40% year-on-year. From January 2002 to April 2004 (2 years 4 months) Microsoft Product Marketing Manager - US @ - Responsible for executing marketing strategy, sales training and promotions, expos and customer briefings for Microsoft products and volume licensing programs.
- Developed, negotiated and executed multi-million dollar partner-funded marketing strategy that drove $500 million in annual revenue and 33% YOY growth.
- Created and presented global licensing strategy for Office of the Chair that resulted in support for vendor-funded online licensing tool to improve U.S. infrastructure and enable regional build-out.
- Directed launch of Microsoft .NET Enterprise Servers, including sales training initiatives and direct marketing activities resulting in channel sales leadership for key products: #1 rank for SQL and BizTalk; #2 for Exchange. From August 2000 to December 2002 (2 years 5 months) Printer Product Marketing Specialist - US @ - Managed relationships with Xerox and Lexmark vendor partners. Coordinated all marketing activities for these printer brands, including marketing communications, pricing, sales training and promotions.
- Successfully launched high margin initiative with Xerox that more than doubled monthly sales and increased gross margins by 8 percentage points.
- Developed and implemented printer consumables strategy and marketing plan that contributed to 229% YOY growth and increased gross margins by 2 percentage points. From August 1999 to July 2000 (1 year) MBA Intern - Disney Infant/Preschool Group @ - Evaluated competitive environment for new products, analyzed potential for entry, and successfully presented recommendations to senior management.
- Acted as liaison between the Infant/Preschool marketing team and market research group to coordinate and communicate requirements for viability tests of all product lines. From June 1998 to September 1998 (4 months) Brand Manager – Powdered Beverages @ - Managed company’s largest brand (Tang) with $30 million in annual revenue and over $3 million marketing budget.
- Led cross-functional team to launch line extension of flavor innovation. Launched ahead of schedule with overwhelming acceptance of trade.
- Implemented first cross-promotion with national video rental chain that averted downturn in sales due to seasonality and economic crisis. Led creative team in development of multi-media advertising campaign. From May 1996 to April 1997 (1 year) Assistant Brand Manager @ - Led project to establish a co-packing relationship for Post Cereals with local cereal producer.
- Developed and implemented new package design and formula for marmalade based on market research.
- Led cross-functional team in producing Log Cabin locally that reduced cost by over 20%.
- Led cross-functional team to improve quality and profitability of mayonnaise formula. Product’s success in market tests led to national re-launch of brand. From October 1994 to April 1996 (1 year 7 months) Consultant @ - Developed and delivered a comparative analysis of the small and medium business sector in Mexico vs. the US.
- Conducted primary and secondary market research in Mexico business sector. From August 1993 to September 1994 (1 year 2 months)
MBA, Marketing, Finance @ UCLA Anderson School of Management From 1997 to 1999 Bachelor of Science from School of Foreign Service, International Politics and Economics @ Georgetown University From 1989 to 1993 Kathleen Schneider is skilled in: Customer Research, Demand Generation, Channel, Go-to-market Strategy, Product Marketing, Multi-channel Marketing, Sales Enablement, Product Management, Marketing Strategy, Segmentation, Competitive Analysis, Partner Management, Business Strategy, Strategy, Cross-functional Team..., Social Media Marketing, Public Speaking, Team Leadership, Online Communications, Sales Enablement Tools, Management, Channel Partners, Integrated Marketing, B2B, Product Launch, Direct Marketing, Brand Management, B2B Marketing, Marketing, Program Management, Product Development, Leadership, Team Management, Market Planning, Sales
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension