Director, babyGap/GapMaternity Brand Management @ Gap Inc.
Senior Associate, Consumer/Retail Practice @ McKinsey & Company
Director, babyGap/GapMaternity Brand Management @ Established brand positioning and annual marketing strategy. Built and managed marketing budget across vehicles. Contributed to and approved campaigns including media, windows, in-store and online promotions. Worked with merchandising and other consumer-facing roles to ensure seamless customer experience. From February 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 7 months) Senior Manager, Strategy and
Director, babyGap/GapMaternity Brand Management @ Established brand positioning and annual marketing strategy. Built and managed marketing budget across vehicles. Contributed to and approved campaigns including media, windows, in-store and online promotions. Worked with merchandising and other consumer-facing roles to ensure seamless customer experience. From February 2005 to August 2007 (2 years 7 months) Senior Manager, Strategy and Business Development @ Created and managed turn-around strategy for GapKids across extensive cross-functional team, including merchandising, marketing, store design, real estate planning. From April 2004 to February 2005 (11 months) Senior Associate, Consumer/Retail Practice @ Advised F500 senior management on strategy/operations. Led cross-functional client teams of 4-12. Developed recommendations, performed key market/financial analyses and led “hands on” implementations including:
• Brand strategy – Apparel – Recommended brand re-positioning based on quantitative and qualitative research. Identified target consumers and methods to increase loyalty, purchase frequency and basket size.
• Industry growth potential – Nutrition bars – Designed quantitative and qualitative research to analyze consumer segments.
• Supply chain – Specialty apparel – Redesigned inventory/re-ordering processes for “captive” stores. Led client team implementation.
• Financial/operational planning – Grocery – Built annual planning process for Top 5 grocer. Coached division management on strategy, analytics, and presentation. Developed temporary projection tool and specs for future versions. From September 2001 to April 2004 (2 years 8 months) Interim Category Manager, Liquidation (Nordstrom Sale, Nordstrom Rack) @ Presented strategy/operations recommendations to Exec Committee; implemented approved proposals.
• Site redesign – Synthesized competitive analysis and internal creative to create new liquidation sites.
• Marketing plan – Initiated affiliate program and direct email campaign. Developed low-cost strategies for email address acquisition and tested a variety of marketing/merchandise messages.
• Strategic markdown program – Analyzed historical data to determine optimal markdown schedule. From July 2000 to September 2000 (3 months) Senior Planning Analyst, Corporate Development @ Developed strategies to grow lines of business through acquisition, alliance, or internal expansion. Presented recommendations to top management and jointly implemented approved strategies.
• Strategic Partnering - ABC Radio. Assessed impacts of industry consolidation and evaluated strategic options. Developed financial model for ABC and preferred partner. Managed due diligence and drafting.
• Divestiture - ABC Publishing. Performed industry research and developed valuation and financial models. Managed bankers and assisted ABC management in executing largest ever publishing divestiture. From August 1996 to June 1998 (1 year 11 months) Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions @ Provided quantitative analyses including DCF, EPS dilution, LBO, comparables and balance sheet impacts. Prepared marketing materials/presentations and coached senior management. Focus on Consumer Products and Retail. From September 1994 to July 1996 (1 year 11 months)
MBA @ Stanford University Graduate School of Business From 1999 to 2001 BA, Political Science @ Amherst College From 1990 to 1994 Juanita Osborn is skilled in: Strategy, Competitive Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension