Master's of Science (Coursework) @
University of Florida
Successful track record of over 20 years of supply chain experience, and the ability to develop strategies and establish challenging objectives to provide results. Change leader with strong team-building and interpersonal skills. and a solid, verifiable history of success in strengthening operational efficiencies, reducing operating costs and improving bottom-line profitability through innovation, creativity, organizational development and leadership.
Successful track record of over 20 years of supply chain experience, and the ability to develop strategies and establish challenging objectives to provide results. Change leader with strong team-building and interpersonal skills. and a solid, verifiable history of success in strengthening operational efficiencies, reducing operating costs and improving bottom-line profitability through innovation, creativity, organizational development and leadership. A supply chain leader who works every day to build credibility with his customers, his employees, the regulators who govern his business and the community around where he operates. Skilled in communication, negotiation, collaboration, partnering, facilitation and analysis and problem-solving. Fluent in English and Spanish; Conversational in French. Bicultural. APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
• Supply planning, purchasing, inventory replenishment
• Clinical supply chain management /IVR
• Export/Import Logistics
• New product introductions
• Supplier relationship management
• Regulatory Compliance- DOT, US Customs, FDA, USDA, cGMP
• Systems Implementation- ERP (JBA, ORACLE, PRISM, JD Edwards, and G-Log), WMS,TMS
• Sales and Operations Planning (S & OP)
• Warehouse/Distribution Management
Associate Director, Global Clinical Supplies @ • Direct all global aspects of the Global Clinical Supplies department and ensures that projects are conducted in accordance with sponsors’ requirements
• Establish and maintain executive level contact both internally and externally to ensure service levels are maintained and clearly communicated
• Provide global clinical supplies solutions, import and export expertise, and strategies for internal and external projects that are cost effective and resource efficient.
• Act as liaison with both internal and external clients in the provision and marketing of Global Clinical Supplies for small molecule and biological drugs
• Responsible for maintenance, oversight and global contracting of third party providers
• Provide direct management and support to an international team of clinical supply regional managers and staff From September 2012 to Present (3 years 3 months) Blue Bell, PAAssociate Director,Clinical Supply Chain and Logistics @ Manage the efficient flow of cGMP goods, services and information through the supply chain, from clinical trial or market forecast to final distribution of finished biological products. Assist in planning and executing all clinical supply and commercial drug substance and drug product manufaturing, finishing and distribution. Assist in developing comercial partners and associated business contracts and pricing. From June 2010 to September 2012 (2 years 4 months) Director , Supply Chain @ Direct planning, procurement, logistics, customs, and inventory management functions for four companies (Lehigh Group, Loew Cornell, First Alert, and Leslie Locke) for JHB, a Division of Jarden Corporation. Provide innovative and cost effective logistics, planning, purchasing, and inventory management solutions for hardware, door, security, and art supply companies .
- Implemented standardized planning and procurement policies and procedures to reduce finished goods inventories over 40%
- Implemented processes to improve supply of products on a timely basis to Big Box retail customers to achieve customer scorecards above 99% .
- Centralized procurement functions and implemented cost reduction strategies for savings of $2MM.
- Maintained operational effectiveness while reducing staff by 35%. From October 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 7 months) Macungie, PAManager, Clinical Supply Chain @ Managed all aspects of clinical trial materials (CTMs), including but not limited to manufacturing, packaging, labeling and distribution of CTMs for small molecule and biologics to meet agreed requirements of clinical studies with regard to time, cost and quality standards. Planned, scheduled and controlled the Importation, packaging, labeling and release of materials for clinical supplies. Coordinated activities with outside packagers, Quality, Regulatory, and other groups within Global Clinical Supply Operations to ensure accurate and timely support for supplies. Oversaw activities related to manufacturing, packaging, labeling and distribution plans for Phase 1-Phase IV studies across all therapeutic areas based on protocol requirements and factors such as regulatory requirements, blinding concerns, ease of handling by sites and patients, and patient compliance.
- Implemented Sales and Operations Planning process , which increased on time finished goods deliveries by over 50%
- Re-engineered supply planning process, which reduced headcount by 25% , while allowing for 20% increase in work volume
- Developed a Master Scheduler function to oversee global master production scheduling and capacity planning for U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- Participated in Division-wide ERP system implementation (JD Edwards + POMS) From December 2006 to May 2008 (1 year 6 months) West Point, PAManager Supply Services and Logistics @ Directed the supply (demand forecasting, production planning and scheduling, inventory management, order management, logistics, S &OP) of pharmaceutical, biological, and vaccine products; managed all new product launch projects for the Latin American region
- Implemented a regional monthly S & OP process for major product lines
- Represented the Latin American region in global formula harmonization efforts which eliminated 12% of SKUs
- Managed supply shortages of Women’s Health care products due to compliance issues at European manufacturing plant minimizing backorders to less than 5%.
- Expedited transfer of Women’s Health Care products manufacturing from Singapore to Ireland 3 months earlier than expected
- Initiated packaging harmonization efforts which reduced number of finished goods SKUs by 23%
- Developed database tool to manage successful new product launches; launched 18 products in 2002, 23 in 2003, 17 in 2004, and 9 in 2005, all in compliance with cGMP and regulatory requirements
- Developed cold chain program for shipment of vaccines, which reduced losses by over 35%
- Participated in corporate effort to implement RFID to eliminate counterfeiting, product diversion, and theft From January 2002 to November 2006 (4 years 11 months) Collegeville, PADirector International Logistics and Compliance @ Integrated all international logistics functions (transportation and distribution) for over 25 ConAgra operating companies. Directly responsible for managing 5 direct employees, and 25 non-directs.
- Created ‘center of international logistics excellence’ to support food imports from Asia, Australia, the Caribbean , Canada and Mexico, and exports to Eastern and Western Europe, Canada, the Middle East, China, and Latin America
- Negotiated strategic global ocean freight RFPs to deliver over $20 million in savings in FY 01, and $15 million in FY 02 through negotiated contracts with over 20 carriers
- Initiated air freight consolidated program to generate over $500 thousand in savings per year
- Developed business case and prototype for corporate customs compliance initiative
- Implemented corporate carrier performance metrics initiative
- Developed ‘best in class’ international practices and competencies From January 2001 to January 2002 (1 year 1 month) Schaumburg, IL
MBA, International Business @ Florida International University - College of Business Administration From 1984 to 1986 Master's of Science (Coursework), Industrial Engineering (Operations Research) @ University of Florida From 1982 to 1984 Bachelor's of Science, Operations Research @ United States Air Force Academy From 1976 to 1980 College preparatory school @ Colegio San Carlos Juan CSCP is skilled in: Supply Chain Management, Procurement, FDA, Operational Excellence, Logistics, International Logistics, Global Sourcing, Supply Management, Management, Supply Chain, Clinical Supplies, Demand Supply Planning, GMP, Cross-functional Team..., Export-Import, Introducing New Products, Strategy, Leadership, Biotechnology, Manufacturing, Process Improvement, SOP, budgeting, Customs, Team Building, ERP, Pharmaceutical Industry, Regulatory Requirements, Team Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension