Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Distinction @
University of Mumbai
A self motivated, proactive and solutions orientated Technical Sales Professional with extensive technical and analytical engineering knowledge and experience in Process Instrumentation. A natural problem solver, with strong presentation, communication and influencing skills, able to consult to clients and tailor technical solutions to fit specific requirements. Confident, flexible, consultative and results orientated, with a high attention to
A self motivated, proactive and solutions orientated Technical Sales Professional with extensive technical and analytical engineering knowledge and experience in Process Instrumentation. A natural problem solver, with strong presentation, communication and influencing skills, able to consult to clients and tailor technical solutions to fit specific requirements. Confident, flexible, consultative and results orientated, with a high attention to detail and strong work ethic.
Sales Engineer @ From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) perth, western australiaSales Engineer, Totally Integrated Automation (Transitional role) @ Currently undergoing training and development to assume a future Sales Engineer role for the newly developed Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) division that covers Instrumentation, Automation and Drive Technology. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager WA.
• Providing high level support and pre-sales assistance to the Industrial Sales team in the areas of Process Control Instrumentation, Industrial Automation, Drive Technology and Electrical Switch Gear; also consulting directly with clients to identify engineering solutions for their applications.
• Supporting Sales Team and field service engineers on key customer visits, developing a detailed insight and specialised knowledge across the mining, Oil & Gas Food & Beverage and Water Sectors.
• Completed intensive technical and sales training across the full Siemens product range including Process Instrumentation, Low Voltage Electrical Drives, Industry Sales Training, and Industrial Automation.
• Identifying new sales opportunities and potential for introduction of new products to meet client’s ongoing business and operational needs.
• Providing technical support on a national level, building a significant network of contacts across the business and industry. From July 2013 to January 2014 (7 months) perth, western australiaTechnical Sales Consultant @ Reported to the Regional Sales Manager WA, with key responsibility for providing technical assistance and engineering solutions to the sales team and clients.
• Managing all offers and order handling for the Sensors & Controls and Low Voltage Switchgear departments in Western Australia; while also supporting Electrical Drives and Automation departments.
• Providing technical assistance in engineering Process Instrumentation solutions for customers in the areas of Flow, Level, Temperature, Weighing and Pressure sensing.
• Successfully developed key client relationships within the mining, oil and gas industries as the first point of contact for technical queries and problem resolution.
• Working closely with Siemens authorized distributors, EPCMs and key customers to improve efficiency, providing quotes, chasing up purchase orders, ensuring timely delivery of goods and exceptional customer service. From April 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 4 months) Perth, AustraliaHardware / Software Design Engineer @ Employed as a Design Engineer at Atamo Electronics - a Perth based design house that specializes in the development of innovative technology based products partaking in every phase of the product life cycle - from conceptualization and to deployment followed by after-sales maintenance and support. From April 2010 to April 2012 (2 years 1 month) Founder @ Established company while a graduate engineering student, pioneering the use of Cryogenic Technologies in India. Specialising in the maintenance of large rotating machines through dry ice blasting, providing a high technology alternative to the electrical industry that significantly reduces labour costs and production downtime. Implemented a succession plan for handover prior to continuing studies in Australia.
• Led all business planning including business development, sales and marketing, purchasing and logistics, recruitment and financial management; driving exponential growth over three years.
• Developed and implemented all sales and marketing activities, identifying new clients, negotiating maintenance contracts and closing sales.
• Established key strategic accounts with preferred local clients within the electrical, printing and food manufacturing industries, consulting to clients on technical issues and attending client sites for demonstrations and servicing.
• Trained and managed a team of four field technicians. From March 2004 to February 2008 (4 years)
Masters of Engineering, Information and Communications Technology, High Distinction @ The University of Western Australia From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication, Distinction @ University of Mumbai From 2003 to 2007 Joshua Pinto is skilled in: Embedded Systems, C, C++, Software Development, Software Design, Customer Relations, Hardware Design, Product Development, Project Engineering, Software Engineering, Instrumentation, Technical Sales Consulting, Technical Product Sales, Process Control, Field Instruments
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension