Innovative and sociable Software Engineer with seven years of kinesthetic programming experience. From developing health science programs to mutual fund and securities software, Joseph is an agile developer with a diverse portfolio. His roles have included: developer, mentor, problem-solver, researcher, and cooperative team member. Passionate about being a part of a collaborative team and learning the newest
Innovative and sociable Software Engineer with seven years of kinesthetic programming experience. From developing health science programs to mutual fund and securities software, Joseph is an agile developer with a diverse portfolio. His roles have included: developer, mentor, problem-solver, researcher, and cooperative team member. Passionate about being a part of a collaborative team and learning the newest technologies, Joseph is quickly learned, well adapted, and highly self-motivated. He enjoys tackling complicated and unique challenges by creating novel solutions and recognizing the right technologies for the task at hand.
Technical Manager of Development, Predictive Intelligence @ From May 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) Senior Software Engineer @ From July 2012 to Present (3 years 6 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Collaborative member of a diverse team of engineers who developed software for the importing, exporting, analysis, and distribution of mutual fund data.
• Created Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions, in Ruby on Rails and C# MVC, designed for the efficient management and manipulation of mutual fund data.
• Involved in design of architecture, web UI, and implementation of four projects from the beginning to the end of the development cycle.
• Followed an aggressive and agile development paradigm utilizing strict MVC patterns while employing Scrum planning and test-driven development.
• Obtained a thorough understanding of MongoDB through research and development.
• Developed Java background processes for daily tasks such as importing and exporting.
• Leveraged Amazon’s EC2 servers for web servers and remote databases accessed via RESTful web services.
• Coached and mentored junior engineers into being more productive and efficient team members.
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, JRuby, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery, CoffeeScript, HAML, SASS, Mongoid, NHibernate
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, MongoDB, Memcached
Environments: RubyMine, NetBeans, Eclipse, Visual Studio
Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows, Linux, Unix
Tools: GIT, SVN, Wiki, Jira, Scrum, EC2, S3, Jenkins Continuous Integration From August 2007 to Present (8 years 5 months) Creator @ Gained invaluable skills by creating a personal research project that was capable of displaying an unbound number of real estate listings onto a Google Map.
• Converted coordinates into Mercator projections and overlaid them onto Google Maps.
• Utilized MySQL’s spatial extension to handle location based user request via map clicks.
• Leveraged Google Fusion Tables, once it was available, to handle map projections.
• Developed a neural network to predict house prices given many attributes including latitude and longitude.
Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, JQuery, Google Maps API, Google Geocode API, Google Fusion Tables API
Databases: MySQL, Google Fusion Tables
Operating Systems: Mac OS X, Unix, EC2 From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Software Engineer @ Produced healthcare software for medical facilities that aided in organizing a variety of functions such as a multi-disciplinary communications, charting, order creation and sharing, as well as highly specialized prescriptive functions.
• Outperformed goals set for middle-tier, application development team.
• Produced data access layers written in Java to be consumed by other teams.
• Gained extensive knowledge of Java, SQL using JDBC, and Cerner’s propriety query language, CCL.
• Employed test-driven development using JUnit.
• Developed and deployed several Enterprise JavaBean servers that were consumed by other teams and clients.
• Regularly volunteered and traveled for deployment of new systems.
• Trained various staff at medical facilities as well as implemented changes in the function of software to meet individual facility needs.
Languages: Java, SQL, CCL
Frameworks: SWT, JDBC
Operating Systems: Windows
Tools: JDBC, JUnit, Maven2, CVS From June 2006 to July 2007 (1 year 2 months) Kansas City, Missouri AreaSoftware Engineer @ Constructed software to help identify abnormal actions in clients’ databases such as money laundering.
• Researched ontology representation systems and analyzed the most appropriate solution to satisfy the company’s need based off of speed, size, and memory footprint.
• Developed in-memory frameworks for several internal ontologies.
• Led and promoted a project to convert XML to RDF and vice versa.
Languages: Java, SQL, SPARQL, RDF, XML
Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Sesame, Jena
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Unix
Tools: CVS, Wiki From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Web Designer @ Designed and developed web pages for the Servant Leadership program at Columbus State University.
• Created several Flash animations which were deployed to the website.
• Assisted in technical support for the internal intranet and computer systems.
Languages: HTML, CSS, Flash, and ActionScript
Environments: Macromedia Flash, Adobe Dreamweaver
Operating Systems: Windows From 2002 to 2002 (less than a year) Technical Support @ Concerted with IT support to install hardware, software, and provide technical support for the entire department.
• Maintained several Windows and Macintosh computer labs.
Operating Systems: Windows, Mac OS From 1998 to 2000 (2 years)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension