14 years of experience in software engineering, with experiences ranging throughout all aspects of the software development life-cycle, from gathering requirements, to design, code, test, documentation, operations, and systems integration. Experience includes briefing customers, supporting project reviews and certification, and leading development teams. A member of Agile teams since 2006 and has helped several teams make the
14 years of experience in software engineering, with experiences ranging throughout all aspects of the software development life-cycle, from gathering requirements, to design, code, test, documentation, operations, and systems integration. Experience includes briefing customers, supporting project reviews and certification, and leading development teams. A member of Agile teams since 2006 and has helped several teams make the transition to implementing Scrum and Kanban.
Always eager and learning new technologies and skills to help do his job better.
Senior Software Engineer @ From July 2015 to Present (4 months) Stafford, VAPrinciple Member of the Technical Staff @ • Architected, developed, and deployed a war room automation system in 3 months. Used F#, the Microsoft.Speech library, and the Stanford Natural Language Processor (NLP) to create a command execution framework that allows a user to use voice commands to query, analyze, and display data, as well as control the war room.
• Used Apache Solr to create faster queries that integrate with existing databases and allow interoperability across many applications.
• Entrusted with internal research dollars to architect, develop, and deploy a tool to validate DoDAF architectures. The tool was developed as a web-based solution using ASP.NET MVC, SQL Server, and the Entity Framework Object Relational Mapper (ORM). Developed tool from scratch to being in use by end-users in 3 months. From January 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 7 months) Fredericksburg, VAComputer Scientist @ • Architected, developed, tested, documented, demonstrated, and deployed several systems as part of an Agile team rapidly responding to urgent needs from the field. Customers include a range of government agencies such as the Navy, Marine Corps, Army, and the Department of Homeland Security.
• Led a team of 5 developers to develop a sensor integration and remote weapons control system where 750 units were packaged and delivered to the Army after putting the system through Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) certification.
• Developed a collaboration network hosted on SharePoint, where applications were developed in Silverlight integrating user input and online data to display on an ESRI map for analysis.
• Developed an Android application to allow field agents to submit and query data from a database as well as provide position and location data.
• Developed database solutions using SQL Server and the Entity Framework accessible through RESTful web services.
• Developed a SOA based system using Java and JBoss ESB. Improved the system performance by 1000% after adding instrumentation and optimizing the code. Developed an SDK including toolkits and documentation to allow 3rd party developers to develop their own services and integrate with the system.
• Architected and developed a framework and library for integrating various hardware, user interfaces, and communication protocols using the .NET Framework, C#, WPF, and a plugin utility. The framework has been the basis of several deployed systems since 2006 and is still in use today.
• Acted as Product Owner, Scrum Master, and Developer as part of Agile teams since 2006.
• Coached 3 teams to adopt Scrum and Kanban.
• Established and conducted configuration management for teams using Microsoft TFS, Forge.mil, Bugzilla, and Trac.
• Conducted project reviews and technical briefs for customers and management.
• Presented at Developer Workshops on the topics of Scrum, Dependency Injection, and MongoDB. From January 2001 to January 2014 (13 years 1 month) Dahlgren, VABoard Member, Department Software Executive Steering Group @ • Directed research and prototype software projects within department by soliciting ideas, reviewing proposals, and selecting the most promising projects for funding. Conducted follow-on review of progress and determined success of projects. From December 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 1 month) Dahlgren, VAAnalyst @ • Developed a MySQL database with a web front-end to organize and analyze global emerging technologies.
• Provided translations of technical documents from Japanese and German to English. From January 2000 to December 2000 (1 year) Fredericksburg, VA