Senior User Experience Researcher @ Walmart eCommerce
User Experience Researcher @ IMVU
University of California, Berkeley
Having been involved in the area of user experience research for more than 8 years, I excel under collaborative teamwork environment by leading research initiatives to positively impact the product user experience under quick velocity. I am a skilled researcher who is able to conduct both exploratory and evaluative research using a wide range of qualitative and
Having been involved in the area of user experience research for more than 8 years, I excel under collaborative teamwork environment by leading research initiatives to positively impact the product user experience under quick velocity. I am a skilled researcher who is able to conduct both exploratory and evaluative research using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods covering all stages of the product development lifecycle. I have experience researching on all types of products including websites, computer software, smartphone/tablet apps and games. My goal is to provide insights to help teams create the best possible user experience.
* Conducted research to optimize and standardize product user experience across different technology platforms (website, desktop app, mobile app, tablet app, games)
* Led research to create and establish personas which were subsequently adopted and used by the team
* Capable of conducting research in different scale, scope and timeframe.
In person and remote usability testing, RITE testing, concept testing, ethnographic studies, competitive analysis, heuristic evaluation, cognitive walkthrough, contextual inquiry, card-sorting, participatory design, user surveys, information visualization.
Senior User Experience Researcher @ From 2012 to Present (3 years) User Experience Researcher @ * Established user research infrastructure by setup proper testing environment with low cost to allow unbiased research and unobtrusive real time observation.
* Supported several product teams within the company by provided insights on target users via user interviews and surveys.
* Planned and executed user studies under agile development environment. Evaluated design concepts and assessed design mockups for software application, mobile app, web pages and online games. From June 2011 to October 2012 (1 year 5 months) Usability Researcher @ * Organized and executed series of concept and usability tests to validate designs and evaluate mobile application usability:
* Built in house user research lab tailored for mobile devices usability testing and observation. From February 2010 to February 2011 (1 year 1 month) User experience researcher @ Conducted user research using qualitative and quantitative methods to 1) inspire strategic direction of product, 2) to optimize product design and 3) to assess product performance. Type of research methods conducted include:
* Field study: planned, designed and led contextual studies to understand the search experience on eBay Motors
* Usability study: organized and executed lab usability tests to evaluate and improve the design and usability of features on eBay.
* Persona development: led product team to develop and create personas which helped the organization to understand who are the users of the product and to support design decisions.
Provided usability guidance on product design, collaborate with UI designers, and product managers to ensure product met the user needs and business goals. From 2005 to 2010 (5 years) Mobile Device Usability Research Intern @ * Designed and executed lab studies to evaluate the user experience and performance of competitor mobile devices.
* Conducted usability testing to assess the usability and functionality of the Windows Mobile Software.
* Presented and delivered research results to design, research and management teams. From June 2004 to September 2004 (4 months)
MSI @ University of Michigan - School of InformationBS @ University of California, Berkeley Jonas Kong is skilled in: Heuristic Evaluation, Contextual Inquiry, Usability Testing, User-centered Design, Card Sorting, User Interface Design, Ethnography, Participatory Design, User Experience Design, Information..., Cognitive Walkthrough, Competitive Analysis, Human Computer..., User Experience, User Research, Information Architecture, Persona, Interaction Design, User Interface, Information Design, Experience Design, OmniGraffle, Rapid Prototyping, Qualitative Research, Usability Engineering, Product Management, Mockups, Usability, Paper Prototyping, Wireframes, Task Analysis, User Scenarios, Mobile Design, Mobile Applications, Research Design, Mobile Devices, Accessibility, Focus Groups, Product Design, Wire Framing, Axure, Agile Methodologies, Human Factors, Design Strategy, Service Design, Persona Creation, Visual Design, E-commerce
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension