Full Stack Software Engineer and Founding Team Member @ Founding team member of a Y Combinator-backed, consumer-facing application which provides a canonical home for every streamable song on the internet via music service aggregation. Reaching over 9 million diehard music lovers per month; we allow them to play any song with any service and share their music
Full Stack Software Engineer and Founding Team Member @ Founding team member of a Y Combinator-backed, consumer-facing application which provides a canonical home for every streamable song on the internet via music service aggregation. Reaching over 9 million diehard music lovers per month; we allow them to play any song with any service and share their music with anyone in the world.
• Named one of Fast Company's top 5 most innovative music companies of 2015.
• Partnered with esteemed organizations such as Facebook, Billboard, The GRAMMYs, and Rap Genius.
• Powered social media campaigns and music playback for major artists like Lil Wayne, Ariana Grande, Wiz Khalifa, Keith Urban, Snoop Dogg, Will.I.Am, and Jason Mraz.
as Full Stack Web Engineer
• Contributing to many facets of the bop.fm website including: site-wide performance and stability improvements, bug fixing, maintenance and refactoring.
• Designing and implementing a notification sub-system which sends emails and push messages to users based on triggered events.
• Integrating third party APIs for data consumption, playback and OAuth; including Spotify, Soundcloud, Youtube, Rdio, Tidal, Last.fm, Rhapsody, Facebook, etc.
• Creating, maintaining a unit test suite and configuring a continuous integration system via Codeship.
as Lead iOS Engineer
• Responsible for all aspects of the bop.fm iPhone app.
• Integrating third party APIs for OAuth and playback; including Soundcloud, Youtube, Rdio, Beats, Audiomack, Rhapsody and Tidal.
• Creating views, animations and user experiences based on designer specifications.
• Bug fixing and performance improvements. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer @ Member of 3 person software team, creating systems to directly support the core business of providing background music for retail and hospitality spaces worldwide. Contributions include:
Implemented HTTP Live Streaming client (C++) for Debian-based headless mp3 player.
• Allowed player to switch bitrates in mid-stream based on real time network latency detection.
• Utilized libavformat and libmpg123 for MPEG-2 TS decoding and playback.
Developed a mission critical subsystem to automate ingestion of new tracks into existing track catalog.
• Designed and implemented a multi-step, queue-based workflow with a full rollback mechanism for fast and safe processing of music data.
• Created management user interface in Cocoa/Objective-C allowing users to listen to tracks, view tracks as a waveform, apply cuts and fades, adjust gain level and ultimately approve tracks for catalog inclusion.
• Utilized several third party libraries including mp3gain, eyeD3 and the echonest suite for matching existing sonic fingerprints to incoming fingerprints for efficient de-duplication.
Spearheaded software development process and quality improvements.
• Introduced Agile concepts like iterative development, product backlogs and sprints to team workflow.
• Guided team members in the use of unit and integration testing resulting in an overall quality improvement.
• Created several in-house utilities including an extendable, general purpose job queue for handling background tasks, scripts for automatically generating Objective-C model classes given a database schema and a light-weight logging framework. From November 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSoftware Engineer @ Sole software engineer and member of core engineering team; responsible for full stack and full lifecycle of all company software assets. Creating marketable software packages which augmented the sales of existing hardware line.
Integrated a highly specialized algorithm built for fine tuning GPS positions to millimeter accuracy into a flagship application for monitoring landslides and other surface displacement events
• Converted a complex Kalman filter algorithm written in C++ to C#.
• Implemented key stability and fault-tolerant features including automatic backup and failure recovery.
• Worked closely with GPS engineer to test application in real world scenarios.
Developed a supervisory controller and data acquisition application for use with an array of tilt sensors:
• Created a backend processing service designed to control sensor array and allow continuous data retrieval as well as automatic, scheduled commanding.
• Worked closely with hardware engineers to create a multiplexing protocol for broadcast and unicast communication with sensors.
• Designed and developed a front-end to interact with backend service receiving real-time updates from the service via a pub/sub messaging framework.
• Implemented high data reliability, via regular CRC validation, and high data throughput using a multi-threaded producer/consumer model. From May 2010 to November 2012 (2 years 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaApplication Developer @ Lead developer on a team of direct marketing professionals; responsible for developing enterprise applications to support fundamental business needs.
- Developed a distributed system for shuttling enterprise data in and out of the company network via a rules-based routing system. Using SOAP/HTTPs, WCF, MSMQ, .Net3.5 and SQL Server 2005, the development focus was on performance and data integrity. The application is able to achieve high data throughput via multi-threading and queue driven asynchronous processing, allowing critical information to be available in near real-time to networked servers and decision support systems.
- Worked with company CTO to design and build a server based application which provides a framework for automating email marketing blasts. The system, built using .Net3.5, SQL Server 2005, Spring.Net IOC Container and MSMQ, additionally offers campaign administrators a workflow for defining, testing, editing and approving campaign segmentation parameters. The application brought value to the client by allowing them to reach out to consumers more frequently and efficiently while reducing the workload of internal analysts.
- Developed, maintained, and supported a business critical, high availability (24/7), high performance, .Net2.0 SOAP web service API which serves consumer level data to several third party web sites. Increased efficiency and testability by refactoring the application to a high degree of OO design. Additionally created and maintained API documentation and instructed third party implementers. From March 2008 to May 2010 (2 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaWeb Application Developer @ Vital member of 8-person Web team in a full service media agency. Responsible for creating and supporting browser-based database applications for a variety of businesses. Worked closely with new and existing clients on several web projects. Recognized for high quality work and exceeding project expectations.
- Created the front and back end for a complex, interactive web-based time tracking system using SQL Server/ASP.Net/C#/YUI for employees and their managers. Integrated existing financial/payroll application for seamless entry of time based data.
- Designed, built and supported an online uniform allocation/ordering system utilizing SQL Server/ASP.Net/C#/YUI. Allowed easy uniform ordering for employees as well as provided checks against staff members exceeding their allocated uniform requirement.
- Developed, supported, and maintained an MS Access and SQL Server based case management system for a state-run organization allowing them greater efficiency in managing and tracking participants.
- Optimized and tuned a SQL Server based project management system for a major architectural firm. Allowed optimization for all critical queries and greatly increased application response times. From March 2000 to August 2005 (5 years 6 months)