Take charge business leader who develops and drives transformational human resources strategies that achieve growth and competitive business results. Business partner with future-focused global mindset and ability to develop multi-cultural leaders. With a firm belief that talent acquisition and development are leadership functions and a strategic business imperative, leads the charge in organizational change management, talent strategy,
Take charge business leader who develops and drives transformational human resources strategies that achieve growth and competitive business results. Business partner with future-focused global mindset and ability to develop multi-cultural leaders. With a firm belief that talent acquisition and development are leadership functions and a strategic business imperative, leads the charge in organizational change management, talent strategy, and executive compensation & rewards. Trusted advisor to CEO, executive team, and boards of directors on business strategy and talent priorities.
Specialties:• Global HR strategy design and implementation closely aligned with business
• Post- acquisition integration, change management and culture transformation
• Talent management, leadership development and succession planning
• Total rewards and executive compensation
• Global HR transformation and team building
Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer @ $10+B convenience store and petroleum distributor with 8000 employees serving 600 Cumberland Farms convenience store locations, and a wholesale distributor of motor fuel to over 3000 branded and private label retail outlets.
Reporting to CEO as member of executive committee. Hired to drive the combination of these two iconic brands into one dynamic company by creating and implementing an HR strategy closely linked to the overall goals and objectives of the company. From 2012 to Present (3 years) Board of Directors Member @ Row One Brands offers a unique line of fun, colorful, fashion footwear that allows fans to show their loyalty to their favorite collegiate team through their feet. From September 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) 661 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA 02494Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources @ Reported to CEO as member of executive committee responsible for HR and employee communications. Representative to board on talent strategy & executive compensation. Governing member of Pension Investment & Oversight Committee. Global staff of 250.
• Led HR initiatives that supported 36% revenue growth over 2 ½ years through organic growth and acquisition. Completed and integrated 12 acquisitions to continue core business growth and launch new services business. Advised board regarding sensitive year-long CEO transition.
• Restructured global HR function from fragmented team to one aligned to operating strategy and business objectives by creating global “centers of excellence” and imbedding VP HRs into four core geographic regions.
• Upon revenue decline of 35% in 2008-2009, led HR initiatives to restructure business and reduce workforce by 10% worldwide that saved $225M and positioned company for economic recovery.
• Drove board approval of global talent strategic platform including moving talent agenda from HR-focus to strategic business imperative and redesigning executive compensation with greater utilization of equity and short/long-term incentives.
• Created management tools and a global online employee forum with feedback teams that increased open internal communications, improved morale & engagement, and instilled a “common-goal approach” to preserving jobs.
• Led change management initiatives that supported $500M Oracle ERP system to align HR processes and protocols on a global common platform.
• Built global HR systems and processes (including Workday, Success Factors, and Taleo) that resulted in increased speed and quality of information sharing to enable more timely and informed management decision making. From 2007 to 2011 (4 years) SVP and Chief Human Resources Officer @ Reported to President/CEO. Member, Executive Team, Capital Allocation Committee & Business Strategy Committee. 114-member HR organization. Restructured HR/business partner model with strategic “centers of excellence.”
• Gained board endorsement of 3yr-HR strategic plan that positioned leadership development as key strategic imperative.
• Formed a labor strategy committee including President/CEO and led comprehensive three-to-five-year strategy resulting in successfully negotiating five labor contracts.
• Instituted Total Rewards and pay-for-performance philosophy with performance metrics and developmental plans reaching 75% of management in two years. From 2005 to 2007 (2 years) Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources @ Reported to Vice Chairman with staff of 160 HR professionals worldwide.
• Integrated $3.9B acquisition, saving $100M in increased efficiencies and facility rationalizations including negotiating two unionized plant closures.
• Restructured global HR organization to business partner model aligned with goals and objectives. Upgraded HR talent throughout organization, introducing succession management and bench strength talent building initiatives. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources (2000 – 2004) | Chief Human Resources Officer, Lycos @ Member of senior leadership team that merged Terra & Lycos and integrated two diverse cultures to form new global organization with integrated human resources platform. Led HR diligence and integration of 12 additional acquisitions.
• Created compensation & rewards program to create single company-wide platform.
• Launched comprehensive e-learning program with 250 training courses and web-based employee survey in three languages that led to worldwide employee action plan initiative focused on development and improvement. From 1999 to 2004 (5 years) Vice President, Human Resources @ HR strategy and program development including leadership development and rewards & recognition. Led post-acquisition integration for three companies. 20,000 employees in 34 countries. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Vice President, Human Resources @ Reported to CEO responsible for all HR strategic and operational initiatives. Staff of 25. Budget of $2.5M. From 1993 to 1995 (2 years) Director Human Resources @ From 1984 to 1993 (9 years) Employee Relations Manager @ From 1981 to 1984 (3 years) Industrial Security Supervisor @ From 1980 to 1981 (1 year) Detective, Narcotics Unit @ From 1974 to 1980 (6 years)
M.S., Human Resource Management @ Upsala CollegeB.S., Criminal Justice @ Mercy College