Operations Analyst @ Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls? So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow
Operations Analyst @ Ever wonder why you can buy any product online with a single click, but you can't hire a photographer, tutor, contractor, or other local service professional without a dozen phone calls? So did we. Thumbtack's mission is to make it dramatically easier to hire services, at the same time empowering independent professionals to grow their businesses. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Transactions Head / Product Manager @ Product Strategy and Management
- Developed and implemented the strategy and roadmap for transactions business to increase transaction volume by ~60% in 2014.
- Developed business case, system, operational and marketing initiatives to launch and grow airtime loading, bills/merchant payments, money transfers, electronic payroll, and remittance services for accountholders.
- Led and monitored execution of product-related projects and launches in coordination with internal cross-functional working teams as well as external collaborators from BPI and Globe Telecom.
- Led interoperability initiatives on agent and mobile financial transactions with Globe’s mobile money provider, GCash.
- Led the acquisition of billers, merchants, key accounts for bills payment and electronic disbursements and payroll service.
- Established and managed relationships with billers, merchants, and key institutional partners such as USAID’s Scaling Innovations in Mobile Money (SIMM), Basa Pilipinas, B+WISER projects.
Brand Marketing and Corporate Communications
- Served as Acting Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) in Q4 2013, involved with target setting, budgeting and operational planning for marketing communication initiatives in 2014.
- Crafted press releases and articles about BanKO aimed at generating awareness and interest about the bank for local and international audiences.
- Launched and managed BanKO’s initial presence in social media (facebook, LinkedIn and twitter) From September 2011 to January 2015 (3 years 5 months) Management Services Manager @ Business Process Management and Special Projects
Documented and improved business processes and policies across various functions including marketing, sales, human resources, network operations and finance. Key projects included:
- Review of policies and procedures to implement the collocation of business centers from the merger of its wireline and wireless business units.
- Review and improvement of the accounting manual to ensure proper knowledge transfer of SAP system for accounting procedures in preparation for the company’s acquisition by PLDT.
- Developing a financial template to gauge potential additional subscriptions in key second-tier cities and readiness of subdealers to cater to growth. From July 2010 to September 2011 (1 year 3 months) Information Analyst @ As part of the research and information team, I provided global consulting teams with a robust fact base to understand market entry opportunities and industry landscape of the geographies and industries that I covered. I profiled the Philippine business environment (including energy, manufacturing and outsourcing industries) and later focused on Southeast Asian and Australian telecommunications, media, and technology industries. In addition, I was staffed as a researcher for selected consulting projects, including:
- A study to benchmark best practices in marketing and distribution of mobile money services in Kenya and Philippines to create toolkit for scaling mobile money in other markets. Coordinated with market research firm to conduct quantitative and qualitative research on usage of mobile money in the Philippines.
- Global cost benchmarking study to understand cost per minute of voice services. Compiled and analyzed a database of cost drivers for SE Asian and Australian telcos using data from their financial statements. From July 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 4 months) Buyer @ - Supported Purchasing department based in France by coordinating with hub buyers, requesters and suppliers to ensure timely and accurate fulfillment of orders from requisition, approval, purchase order generation and invoicing.
- Served as the France Purchasing team coordinator for Finance Shared Services in Chennai, India for timely payment of invoices. From May 2007 to April 2008 (1 year)
AB, European Studies (Business Track), minors in French and Hispanic Studies @ Ateneo de Manila University From 2003 to 2007 High School @ Xavier University (PH) From 1999 to 2003 Joefree Semilla is skilled in: Industry Research, Business Analysis, Presentation Skills, Foreign Languages, Telecommunication Industry, Marketing Communications, Product Management, Mobile Payments, Market Research, Telecommunications, Competitive Analysis, Project Management, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Advertising
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension