I am a solutions architect adept at designing and implementing effective technical business solutions. I have advanced levels of technical knowledge combined with sound business vision and project management skills. I have exceptional problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and a broad understanding of UML, databases, Highly Scalable Web Sites, and Enterprise Application Integration. I enjoy
I am a solutions architect adept at designing and implementing effective technical business solutions. I have advanced levels of technical knowledge combined with sound business vision and project management skills. I have exceptional problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and a broad understanding of UML, databases, Highly Scalable Web Sites, and Enterprise Application Integration. I enjoy leading teams to deliver end-to-end solutions to customers.
The bottom line is, I am an engineer that builds Scalable and Extensible solutions based on Business and Technical Use Cases on time and within budget.
Senior Software Engineer @ Linkedin / lynda.com's mission: Helping you learn, master, and apply digital tools and techniques. At Linkedin / lynda.com, I am part of the lynda Software Engineering team. From May 2015 to Present (8 months) Co-Founder @ A website dedicated to surfing, skating, snowboarding and everything else related to board sports. This website integrates great media content with relevant geo / free text search. User interfaces include picture, video, business, event and blog postings. The postings are immediately indexed for realtime search capability. Users are allowed to review postings and other reviews thus creating a "karma" system that tracks a users "karma". Note: in April 2013, rewrote the search services on this website replacing the Lucene dotNet implementation with SOLR version 3.6. This has simplified the real time indexing as the SOLR services handles concurrency much better. The sorting which includes geo distance is calculated using the radix sort algorithm. This remains to be one of the fastest, most scalable solutions possible for geo searching. From January 2007 to Present (9 years) Senior Software Engineer @ lynda.com's mission: Helping you learn, master, and apply digital tools and techniques. At lynda.com, I am part of the lynda Software Engineering team.
As a full stack senior software engineer at lynda.com, i worked on various projects that required deep knowledge of UI, middle tier, and database technologies.
My responsibilities included membership, registration, security, provisioning, Author Portal, various admin interfaces, lynda.com API, globalization, multi currency,
billing service integration, CRM integration, and live site availability response.
I lead the team that integrated a new billing service with the existing registration and provisioning flows on our public site. This included adding cloud services for CRM,
Billing Service, and Data Synchronization and ETL. From November 2010 to May 2015 (4 years 7 months) Hobbyist @ Myself and another developer designed and built a fully licensed Major League Baseball (MLB) Mobile Baseball Game App. The game leverages multiple live baseball feeds with less than a 10 second latency. The game allows users to bet on real-time "at bat" batter results. Events include strikeouts, walks, singles, doubles, triples, and home runs. Wager multipliers include fly outs vs ground outs. Users are able to compete with other players during each live game and win prizes from sponsors. Users can also play multiple concurrent games depending on the MLB schedule. All the proper licensing was provided with the feed licensing through stats.com. Users log in, have a profile, can view high score rankings, game day status. Implementation details: Server side implementation with RESTful interface and JSON responses. Live feed is from telnet connection with xml stream transporting events. Server side implemetation utilizes AWS EC2 medium windows AMI with IIS 7.5, AWS ELB, memcached, mySQL, and ASP.Net. Architecture is scale-able to handle all 15 games simultaneously while processing thousands of bets on each batter. Implementation includes odds calculations based on live player stats. Pitcher stats are also provided. Challenges with this project included switching feeds from a free JSON based Pull style service to an XML stream midway through the project. Original JSON processing used NewtonSoft JSON library to capture, parse and process events. XML stream uses fast XML reader to capture, parse and process live events. The ios development was performed by another developer. The mobile app was released in September 2013 as a beta for SuperFan Games. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/superfan-baseball/id689453158 From May 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 3 months) Software Engineer Contractor @ CONTRACT SOFTWARE ENGINEER
OneLambda specializes in Advanced Transplant Diagnostics
• Develop Enterprise Software for Proforma , Order Entry, Shipping, and Fulfillment Operations written in C# Windows Forms.
• Code Stored Procedures for SQL Server 2008
• Provide SQL Server Reporting Services Web Interfaces for Enterprise reports From July 2010 to October 2010 (4 months) Software Engineer @ BeyondTrust Software is a global information security company that specializes in identity and access management solutions that provide secure, centralized security.
Agreenments.com aims to turn the "Agreement process" into an "AGreenment process" that requires less carbon footprint and multiplies the amount of converted leads. We want to give you a way to sign documents online, so you can avoid printing and storing paper, traveling across town or the continent... just for a squiggle on a piece of paper. We want to help you become greener and put a little green in your pocket. From January 2008 to January 2010 (2 years 1 month) Software Engineer @ SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
• Role at Interlink Electronics can be described as a solution architect for an online document signing application.
• Designed and developed UML use cases, data flows, and sequence diagrams definition to web solution, database design and implementation.
• Created a world class web site for InterLink Electronics that would revolutionize any industry that relied on the signing of documents. The implementation strictly followed eSign act guidelines and guaranteed
Information Assurance by design. The application relied on the .NET platform which included C#,
ASP.NET, and ADO.NET. The database used SQL Server 2005. From November 2007 to September 2008 (11 months) Sr. Software Engineer @ MySpace was one of the world’s largest social networks, with about 125 million users. Originally inspired by Friendster, MySpace quickly grew to become the world’s largest social network, before being overtaken by Facebook. User pages are highly customizable and support integration with widgets such as Slide or YouTube. MySpace provides users with a way to connect around content and culture.
At mySpace I was responsible for the development of highly scalable, middle tier applications for Microsoft .NET platforms.
I developed one of the applications in C# utilizing contiguous unmanaged memory allocations with extremely fast and efficient synchronized insert, delete, and update algorithms. This application was serving 20,000 gets, sets and deletes per second of shared account user data information. At peak operating hours, there were 12 shared data servers totaling 240,000 sets, gets, and deletes per second. Other technologies involved in providing this service included: .NET sockets, MSDN’s Concurrency and Coordination Runtime (CCR) library, and Wintellect’s Power Threading library.
I developed C++/CLI applications that used the STL library for fast lookup algorithms.
I helped to implement and tune a Berkeley Database (BDB) middle tier caching solution. BDB configurations included Queue, Map, and B-Tree. From February 2007 to November 2007 (10 months) Solution Architect @ Move, Inc., the leader in online real estate, is the essential resource for consumers seeking the information and connections they need before, during and after a move.
Move has been providing information and decision support tools for consumers looking for home and real estate-related information on the Internet. Visitors to Move’s Web sites, including Move.com and REALTOR.com®, have access to the most comprehensive selection of existing homes for sale, new homes, apartments for rent and senior housing.
At Move, I participated in several large scale enterprise projects as the Enterprise Architect in charge of design, documentation (UML), implementation, test and deployment. As an Enterprise Architect at Move, mission was to reduce operating costs and build robust and highly efficient applications.
Designed and developed a messaging system whereby Data Center technologists could monitor the health of Move Applications as well as the host servers. The messaging system utilized C# and .NET technologies. The messaging system provided a well documented API for developers to use immediately. The messaging system also used asynchronous MSMQ, SNMP, UDP, and File Logging plug-in dll subscribers to allow broadcasting of data in any preferred protocol. The subscribers could be assigned to different message types via message system configuration files at runtime. Custom configurable messaging system listeners were also provided.
Implemented the Local Business Directory search engine used for www.WelcomeWagon.com using a 64 bit version of the Memory Resident Data solution. This solution held over 15 million business records in memory on a 64 bit server (3 to 5 GigaBytes of data). Gained very relevant experience working with the Lucene.NET search engine for the Welcome Wagon geo centric keyword search. Able to identify Lucene’s weaknesses and strengths through comprehensive testing and refactoring. From March 2004 to February 2007 (3 years) Senior Software Engineer @ SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
• Lead software engineer in charge of rewriting the FSC Insurance Rater website (www.fscrater.com).
This site was used for online Auto and Homeowner quotes.
• Responsible for all development activity including requirements capture using UML use cases, application architecture design, database design (using SQL Server2000), and project scheduling. Responsible for DTC design and implementation.
• The FSC Rater application was built for scalability and extensibility. Used the Microsoft .NET architecture, ASP.NET with C#, to provide components that were reusable, extensible, and scalable. This included user controls and a base class library. Created a set of base classes that allows for quick implementation of web based forms applications.
• Implemented each page using custom user controls in the UI layer with XML and XSLT in the Business layer to make the website scalable and extensible. The service layer consists of data access objects that interface with SQL Server and proprietary COM rating object (using .NET COM Interop). The application was multi-state and multi-language. This application also allowed clients to personalize the website according to the preferences.
• Implemented several business solutions using C++, and COM technologies. One application used to verify correct licensing on the FSC Fiserv desktop application retrieved over $40,000 in new licensing fees within the first 2 months. From March 2003 to March 2004 (1 year 1 month) MEMBER OF TECHNICAL STAFF, SYSTEM ENGINEER @ As a System Engineer in the Commercial Avionics group, created, documented, and verified proper implementation of all Built In Test Equipment (BITE) requirements for the LTN-101e Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU). I traveled the world integrating and verifying proper implementation of the best navigational equipment in the world. This is where I fell in love with software development used for navigating commercial airliners around the globe as well as automated test equipment to verify the equipment. C and C++ were my bread and butter. And lets talk about quaternion rotation equations... From April 2002 to March 2003 (1 year) Software Engineer @ As a software engineer at Predictive Networks, I was part of a team that designed and implemented software for an assortment of platforms.
Helped design and implement a multithreaded COM/ATL, HTTP file Download Manager object. The Download Manager was part of the ATT 4.95 dial up client used by over 600,000 clients nationwide. The encapsulated C++ layer was designed to run on any platform including Linux and MS Windows.
Participated in the upgrading of other parts of the ATT client software. This project utilized C++, ATL/COM, STL, HTML and HTTP technologies on the Windows platform.
Designed and implemented an OLE DB COM/ATL/STL/WTL server used to process TIVO click stream data. The server was part of the ITV (Interactive TV) Smart Nav suite. The ITV development also included some embedded C development on the PowerTV OS using the Scientific Atlanta 3100 set top box (32bit RISC CPU). The ITV duties also included the writing of stored SQL procedures written to help process TIVO click stream data. SQL 2000 Data Transformation Service was used to manage the ITV processing. From November 2000 to April 2002 (1 year 6 months) Software Engineer @ • Worked on an internal movie distribution web site for Fox Entertainment. Functions on this project included the design (using UML) and implementation of the domain layer objects.
• Developed many of the JSP pages with the associated Java servlets and beans to interface with the backend layer EJBs. For the majority of projects, eBuilt utilized Enterprise Java Beans running on the BEA WebLogic platform.
• Develop on the Windows platform; however some portions of this project required the use and knowledge of the UNIX OS.
• Used the Extreme Programming Process. From June 2000 to November 2000 (6 months) Software Engineer @ Deloitte & Touche provides audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
At DTT, I was part of a team responsible for developing a tax return application (known as Corptax) written for Windows/95/NT OS as well as a Web version. The application used the MSVC++ 6.0 compiler. This project was C++/MFC/COM/ATL intensive. The first phase of this project converted COBOL code to C++/MFC. The second phase converted the COBOL IO file system to a Client Server system Architecture. The last phase removed the MFC GUI and replaced it with a Web GUI. Targeted backend database servers included SQL Server, Oracle, Access, and Sybase. I helped design and implement the Security Module. This module managed and enforced User Ids, passwords, User Groups, Access Rights, Amount Keys, and Permissions. From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) contractor @ From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) Systems Engineer @ SENIOR TEST DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER (July 1996 to May 1997)
• In charge of overseeing a project that automated the calibration process for an Inertial Navigation System.
• Responsibilities included integration and development of NT Workstation application software written in C++ / MFC using Microsoft Visual C++ 4.2 compiler. Was the Data Base Administrator for the SQL Server 6.5 database used on this project.
• Responsible for the requisition of all hardware and associated NT drivers.
SENIOR ENGINEER, SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (Feb. 1990 to July 1996)
• Responsibilities included the writing of requirements, customer interface, system software coding, integration, gyro characteristic modeling using Matlab, and verification of the Flagship GNADIRS, an integrated Inertial Reference/ Global Navigation System / Air Data System. The GNADIRS software was written in C and Assembly. GNADIRS hosted an intel 80960 microprocessor. CDU hosted an intel 8051 microprocessor.
• Coded test equipment software written in C and C++ for Windows (3.1) and DOS applications. From February 1990 to May 1997 (7 years 4 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension