Social media specialist Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs @ Customer Contact Company
Communications & social media consultant @ Merk en markt
Spokesman @ Draag de Dom
Bachelor of Science (BSc), Public administration and organization science @
I am Jochem Hoogenboom, an entrepreneurial communications & social media consultant. Many organizations are questioning how they can succesfully reach an interact with their customers, citizens and other in- and external stakeholders. Social media can be helpful to achieve this, but alignment with organizational- and communications strategy and practical knowledge about how to use those social tools
I am Jochem Hoogenboom, an entrepreneurial communications & social media consultant. Many organizations are questioning how they can succesfully reach an interact with their customers, citizens and other in- and external stakeholders. Social media can be helpful to achieve this, but alignment with organizational- and communications strategy and practical knowledge about how to use those social tools are indispensable.
The combination of communication studies at a vocational level, a BSc/MSc in Public Administration and Organizational Science and experience in a large diversity of projects concerning these questions enable me to play a crucial role in sustainable optimalization of your organizations' communication.
I am a real networker, capable of establishing long-lasting and valuable relationships, although I can ask very critical questions to discover the real issue that is going on in order to achieve sustainable results.
Social media specialist Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs @ The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is setting up a newsroom where information is distributed and questions are answered. My task is to implement social media in this newsroom. From December 2014 to Present (1 year) The Hague Area, NetherlandsCommunications & social media consultant @ Freelance consultant. I’m writing texts, helping organizations with their marketing and communications strategy and advising boards, entrepreneurs and organization departments about their strategy. Last but not least I’m doing research. Some examples:
- Summer 2014 'Kwartiermaker' at Carnegie Heldenfonds
- 2014-current Marketing & sales consultant at Domeinbalie.nl
- 2013-current Communications consultant at La Mer Orthopedie and Berlioz: writing webtexts, editor of the 'newsletter' for customers and advise on the longer-term communications strategy
- 2013-2014 Implementation of new market strategy at an IT network organization including social media integration
- March 2013 Inventory of the wine stock of a bankrupt company commissioned by a bank
- 2010-2013 Research work for a Dutch publisher of management books: actualizing cases about new media and organizations
- 2012 writing (web) texts for customers of a publicity agency
- 2010-now Communications advisor of a financial company from the start-up in 2010: building the company together with the entrepreneurs
- 2010 Advising a new initiative in the world of first aid, two organizations willing to work together on a certification institute. Field exploration, bringing people from different organizations with different interests together, writing the business plan From June 2009 to Present (6 years 6 months) Utrecht Area, NetherlandsSpokesman @ Draag de Dom is a crowdfunding campaign with the aim to fund EUR 50.000 for restoration of the monumental Dom church in Utrecht, The Netherlands. My role during the preparations and the 2,5 month lasting campaign is to speak about and promote the campaign in front of the media, citizens of Utrecht, business clubs and everyone who wants to hear the story...
Beside this, I'm working on general coördination of this campain. More information available at https://draagdedom.nl/. From January 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Shop employee @ Winetastings, advising people about wine, running the shop. From October 2011 to December 2014 (3 years 3 months) Utrecht Area, NetherlandsBachelor research @ Bachelor research at Philips Global Internal Communications. The research report was titled 'Connected Knowledge. The impact of Philips' enterprise social network 'Connect Us' on organizational knowledge creation'. Grade: 7,5/10 From February 2013 to May 2013 (4 months) Part of the organizers @ Belle Bourgogne is one week a year, kitchen- and painting courses at a beautiful French chateau. My task was to choose the wine and give operational aid. Stopped in 2012 being part of the organization team but will give my contribution during the course weeks. From January 2010 to November 2012 (2 years 11 months) Board member @ Alumni of the Dutch Young Enterprise- Young Achievement project. Organizing events, support of the ‘Jong Ondernemen’ organization, bringing people together. From January 2011 to January 2012 (1 year 1 month) Trainee @ Started with internship. Have seen the whole organization: human resources, marketing and communication, finance. Did work on some interesting projects such as a company recruitment website, the internal news medium, field research. From April 2006 to December 2009 (3 years 9 months) Wine entrepreneur @ Selecting and buying wines, organizing wine tastings, networking, building a business network. From June 2007 to July 2009 (2 years 2 months) Learning entrepreneur @ Project of ‘Jong Ondernemen’. Started a company with study mates, buying and selling real products with real money. Attending market days and exhibitions.
Our company was second best in the national competition. I received the title ‘best young entrepreneur of the year’ from a jury of entrepreneurs. From August 2006 to June 2007 (11 months)
Master of Science (MSc), Public administration and organization science @ Universiteit Utrecht From 2013 to 2014 Bachelor of Science (BSc), Public administration and organization science @ Universiteit Utrecht From 2010 to 2013 HBO, Communicatiemanagement @ From 2009 to 2010 MBO, Marketing & Communicatie @ Hoornbeeck College From 2006 to 2009 Jochem Hoogenboom is skilled in: Leadership, Presentations, Qualitative Research, Organization Of Events, Entrepreneurship, Start-ups, Public Speaking, Strategy, Microsoft Excel, Sales, Innovation, New Media, Dutch, Business Planning, Training, Strategic Communications, Internal Communications