Forum Supervisor [temporary staff] @ Dubai International Film Festival
Producer/Director @ Remnants of a Future Unseen (working title, Documentary Film)
Designer @ I Dream of Palestine (eBook, Freelance Project)
MA, Documentary by Practice @
Royal Holloway, University of London
Forum Supervisor [temporary staff] @ Assisting with programming the Dubai Film Market's Forum for the 12th Edition of the Dubai International Film Festival, and supervising Forum logistics during the festival From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Producer/Director @ Currently in the initial stages of research and development From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months)
Forum Supervisor [temporary staff] @ Assisting with programming the Dubai Film Market's Forum for the 12th Edition of the Dubai International Film Festival, and supervising Forum logistics during the festival From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Producer/Director @ Currently in the initial stages of research and development From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Designer @ Conceptualized, designed and edited an eBook of film stills as a tie-in to my debut feature documentary Searching for Saris. From April 2014 to July 2014 (4 months) Producer/Director/Editor @ Edited the final cut of a short film that I originally produced, shot and directed in 2010, about a Bedouin school in the West Bank faced with demolition. The film was co-produced and acquired by the NGO Defence for Children International (Palestine). From January 2014 to February 2014 (2 months) Producer/Director/Editor (with Enjaaz post-production grant) @ I completed the post-production of my first feature documentary, which I originally shot and directed in 2010, and on which I worked full-time as producer and editor from May 2011 - March 2013, before receiving a co-production and completion grant by Enjaaz (a Dubai Film Market Initiative) in April 2013. See Projects below for more details.
The film went on to premiere at the Dubai International Film Festival in December, in competition.
Aside from editing the final cut, other duties during this time included:
- Setting up a production company to represent the film, and to meet Enjaaz guidelines for funding
- Launching a successful crowd-funding campaign on Aflamnah for remaining post-production funds
- Working with sound designers and a music composer on the film's soundtrack
- Seeing the film through to color correction, mastering and delivery From April 2013 to November 2013 (8 months) Producer/Director/Editor (independent) @ Please see Projects below for details. From May 2011 to March 2013 (1 year 11 months) Website Content Manager & Digital Archivist @ I began a 3 month media internship in March 2009 at FVU to prepare for the launch of their new website and extensive online moving image archive of artists' work. The internship turned into a full-time position.
- Content management of website and archive
- Maintaining comprehensive filing and logging system of digital moving image material
- Managing all digitization and compression of files from various tape formats
- Contacting artists and copyright holders of footage to procure permission for online use
- Testing and uploading of files to website
- Liaising extensively with web developers about improving site interface and functionality
- Managing overall website and weekly homepage updates
- Managing and updating social media platforms From March 2009 to December 2010 (1 year 10 months) Freelance Videographer & Editor @ - Assisted in coordinating a series of outreach workshops for school students in London for an outreach programme called Free to Air.
- Filmed, edited and authored a DVD series of short films directed by young students.
- Assisted in organising a programme of artists' talks and gallery events for a programme called Making the Cut.
- Filmed and edited video of these events for publication online From 2010 to 2010 (less than a year) Freelance Production Co-ordinator @ Between 2009 and 2010, I helped coordinate 3 major productions of video artists work commissioned by FVU, including an elaborate live shoot across 5 London boroughs for a single-screen video piece by artist Simon Pope.
- Researching locations
- Liaising with casting agents
- Drafting contracts and call sheets for cast and crew, and organizing cast packs
- Booking transportation and accommodation
- Assisting with press and publicity
- Assisting on location during filming
- Filming and photographing final gallery installations for documentation purposes From 2009 to 2010 (1 year) Arts Administration Assistant @ - Assisted with overall running of the office and general admin duties, while working as website content manager
- Fielded general enquiries from artists, institutions and general public
- Filed exhibition documentation and press clippings
- Managed institutional book and catalogue orders
- Processed weekly invoices
- Assisted with organizing and preparing for public events and gallery openings From June 2009 to November 2009 (6 months) Freelance Copy Editor @ Freelanced as an editor and proofreader of prose and poetry for various anthologies of Arabic literature and culture, produced and edited by Salma Khadra Jayyusi (Founder and Director of PROTA). From September 2007 to December 2008 (1 year 4 months) Joint National Organiser @ - Co-organized music events and campaigns across London and the UK
- Co-organized hugely successful 2006 Love Music Hate Racism Carnival in Trafalgar Square, which attracted 50,000 people and hosted famous UK and international music acts
- Managed press and publicity for national events, including the Carnival
- Coordinated and conducted interviews with performing artists
I was offered a permanent position at LMHR that I was unable to accept, as my master's program resumed in September 2006. From January 2006 to May 2006 (5 months) Orders Department Supervisor @ - Managed the Customer Orders Department in London flagship store
- Worked on the shop floor in customer service and sales
- Processed stock returns
- Met with sales representatives and acquired new stock From May 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 4 months)
Short Course, Observational Filming @ National Film and Television SchoolMA, Documentary by Practice @ Royal Holloway, University of London From 2005 to 2007 Diploma in Foundation Studies, Documentary Film @ London College of PrintingBA (Hons), Drama and Theatre Arts @ Goldsmiths, University of London From 2000 to 2003 Jinan Coulter is skilled in: Camera, Video Production, Final Cut Pro, Documentaries, Video Editing, Digital Archiving, Video Compression, Content Managed Websites, Creative Writing, Film, Media Production, Video, Directing, Final Cut Studio, Film Editing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension