I have over 20 years work experience as an Analyst/Programmer. The last 10 years I have been a consulted for Money Markets, Equities and Hedge Fund services business. Prior to that I have worked for Sun Guard (formerly Global Information Solutions) developing their trading system for investment banks and corporates. I have been involved as a lead
I have over 20 years work experience as an Analyst/Programmer. The last 10 years I have been a consulted for Money Markets, Equities and Hedge Fund services business. Prior to that I have worked for Sun Guard (formerly Global Information Solutions) developing their trading system for investment banks and corporates. I have been involved as a lead developer for front, and back office components of the trading system. My innovative flair, pragmatism, and under standing of treasury process lead me to become the Architect and lead for the new N-tier OO trading system developed in Java.
I am a very capable person able to learn quickly new skills, tools and concepts. I have excellent communication skills, and a proven work record of working with others and independently on developments. Through work experience I have become a very strong advocate for the KISS (Keep It Short and Simple) approach in both design and development.
Senior Developer @ From February 2015 to Present (11 months) London, United KingdomTechnical Architect @ From September 2014 to November 2015 (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomJava Developer @ - On completion of previous HSBC project I was reassigned to the Fix Incomes (Bonds) and Derivatives (Swaps, Repos, FXO, and Equities) Global Risk Project to ensure it meets it’s deliverables. The team has developers based in France and China.
- The system comprises of a C# Trade Desktop onto the clustered Analytical Pivot Cubes and Pricing Servers. There was also a HTML5 Web Front End of administrative tasks.
- Cross product system (Equities and Fixed income), calculating MTM and VAR
- Java, JEE, Spring, hibernate, XML, Oracle, GWT, GXT
- Bloomberg web services From February 2011 to February 2012 (1 year 1 month) Analyst/Developer (3 contract renewals) @ - Developed a pilot Stock Record to demonstrate to the business. Then to leader a team of developers in the design and development of a Global Stock Record for equities and equities finance. The system is a modular (based around product types and systems) built on a Oracle Coherence Grid (8 node cluster), backed-up by a Oracle DB.
- The stocked record contained both trade (front and back office trades) and calculated positions (as-of/as-at) for real-time (multi threaded) update and reporting. The applications also had a MVC GWT front end for reporting purposes.
- The Global Stock Record was designed also to take Cash at a later date.
- Along with core development I instigated the development of an automated regression that is run as part of the automated build processes (Hudson, Maven, JUnit, TestNG). The build process also performed deployments, unit tests, and code analysis (FindBugs, CheckStyle).
- JAVA, JEE, JMS, Oracle Coherence, OSGI, Spring Framework, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Hibernate, GWT, MQueue, XML, FIXML, Maven, on Linux).
- Development process used SCRUM From April 2009 to February 2011 (1 year 11 months) Analyst/Developer (3 contract renewals) @ - Enhanced the coproate action system for the DKIB worldwide Equities and Money Markets business.
- Back Office, Swift, and Corpotate Actions experiences, coupled with exisitng Treasury systems knowledge, provide me with the oportunite to work on the DKIB CALYPSO Securities projects as a Analyst/Programmer, where I enhacnded the workflow, configuration, and developed new engines for the project.
- Part of the Calypso Version 10 upgraded from version 7.
- Static Data Conguration (Data filter setup, Rules, Messages, and Workflow).
- Core Engines (Data Server, Event Server, Message Server, Account engine)
- Enhanced DKIB specific engines.
- JAVA, JEE, RMI, JMS, Spiritwave, MQueue, XML, XSL, Ant, Jasper Reports, Oracle, Sybase, on Linux). From January 2007 to January 2009 (2 years 1 month) Analyst/Devleoper (7 contract renewals) @ - Design and develop a new corporate actions system for the Equities business. This has now been rolled out worldwide and into other business areas, such as fixed income and hedge fund services.
- Data is provided by the DTC corporate actions service.
- It provides access to corporate actions via email, web front end, reports, and a data distribution service API.
- The application contains workflow for back-off processing
- Team Leader of 2 developers
- This was a green fields development (JAVA, JEE, EJB, WASD 6.0, WEBMethods, MQueue, Servlets, Struts, JSP, XML, XSL, HTML, Ant, Jasper Reports, Busines Objects, Oracle, on Sun Solaris and Redhat Linux).
- On completion of the initial web based applicaiotn I became involved in the sister application for the processing of entitlements for corporate actions (JAVA, JEE, Spring Framework, Hibernate, Drools Rules and Workflow, Oracle on Redhat Linux). From July 2002 to January 2007 (4 years 7 months) Analyst/Developer (1 contract renewals) @ - Design and develop the new ASP style application (called Altusi Web OS) provides ASP for companies wishing to outsource there IT requirements. Altusi OS provides secure access for collaboration, productivity and communication.
- This was a green fields development (JAVA, J2EE, EJB, Weblogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, Servlets, JSP, XML, XSL, HTML, Oracle, MySQL, on Sun Solaris).
- I was employed to train and mentor permanent staff.
- Integrate WebDAV, Java Mail and IMAP into the system.
- The design has several innovative ideals, such as using XML in the development cycle to atomically build the SQL scripts, Java DB layer, EJB layer, and Client Beans (including form beans). It also has an integrated workflow engine to allow process customization and loose coupling of components. From February 2001 to June 2002 (1 year 5 months) Analyst/Developer (2 contract renewals) @ 1999 Oct- 2001 Reef www.reef.com Brussels, Belgium & Paris, France
Contractor, Project Leader, Analyst/Programmer (3 renewals)
- Part of a development team working on an e-Business/e-Commerce system, an open integrated application set (media, product, and commerce management), that enables total business management via a simple internet browser. (JAVA, J2EE, EJB, Weblogic, Servlets, JSP, XML, XSL, HTML, and Informix) on Windows NT and Solaris.
- OO Analysis, design, and development (UML, Rational Rose).
- Defined the XML document schemas, and JAVA components
- Team Leader of 4 developers
- Rectified performance problems with in the DB and program logic using J-Probe. From October 1999 to January 2001 (1 year 4 months) Analyst/Developer (1 contract renewals) @ 1999 Aug-Sept S1 Corporation www.s1.com Brussels, Belgium
- Part of a development team working on an e-Commerce system for retail banks (JAVA, Applets, AWT, TCP/IP, Oracle and HTML). The product had both personnel banking, and equities functionality. Retail banks Credit Lyonnais and National Australia Bank are currently implementing the system. From August 1999 to September 1999 (2 months) Architect, Lead Developer @ - The Quantum trading system is an integrated front, middle and back office system that runs over MS-SQL, Sybase, or Oracle databases for investment banks (including Society General, AB AMRO, ANZ, National Australia Bank, Deutche Bank), state treasuries (including World Bank, Queensland Treasury), and large corporates (including BA, BT, Dell, Alcoa, Glaxo, Phillips, Shell).
- Develop Option and Bond pricing Java Applets for Quantum’s new internet based dealer work station (Java, Swing, HTML, J-builder).
- OO Analysis, design, and development (UML, Rational Rose).
- On-site consulting on technical/business issues (including Society General, and Queensland Treasury). Liaise with end and business users in training and gathering of user requirements.
- Developed modules in VB5 (trading, pricing, settlement, and accounting modules) and Delphi (real-time risk module).
- Project lead for the risk module (What-if, Position Report, and VAR) developed in conjunction with Society General Australia.
- Designed and developed distributed high performance real-time position report.
- Lead Architect and developer for new OO Internet on-line trading system (J++, VB5, MTS, MSMQ, Oracle, Sybase, MS-SQL, XML, and ASP) focusing on pricing and trade capture.
- Defined the new SQL data model and XML data structures.
- COM/ActiveX enable existing VB5 modules.
- Maintaining and enhancing existing VB5 deal entry (Fixed Income, REPO, Options, FX, Swap, FRA, Futures), settlements (Approvals, Limits, EFT), and reports (G/L, position, analysis) modules. From January 1995 to August 1999 (4 years 8 months)
MSc (Hons), Computer Science, Geography @ University of Auckland From 1997 to 1998 BSc, Computer Science, Geography, Maths @ University of Auckland From 1984 to 1996 Jeremy Miller is skilled in: Java Enterprise Edition, Hibernate, Web Services, Java, XML, OOP, Credit Derivatives, Interest Rate Derivatives, Prime Brokerage, Equity Derivatives, Sybase, Fixed Income, Electronic Trading, FX Options, Derivatives
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension