Over the last decade, Jeremy JF Thompson acquired his unique skill set while serving as a hospitality marketing and event production consultant in NOLA and NYC. He has produced private and public events of every size, with a client list that includes the House of Blues, One Eyed Jacks, Hotel Modern, and dozens of other live music
Over the last decade, Jeremy JF Thompson acquired his unique skill set while serving as a hospitality marketing and event production consultant in NOLA and NYC. He has produced private and public events of every size, with a client list that includes the House of Blues, One Eyed Jacks, Hotel Modern, and dozens of other live music clubs, hotels, and conference and festival venues. In 2011, he founded the New Orleans Daiquiri Festival, which, after 4 years running, is the fastest growing festival in Southern Louisiana, bringing in 3,000 guests in 2014. While Thompson is not from New Orleans, he maintains that people are best defined by where they choose to stay, and by their commitment to staying there.
Digital Strategist @ • Serve as a thought leader and trusted business advisor to client executives. Maintain expert-level knowledge of trends and best practices in digital technology, social media marketing, relevant industry verticals and general business strategy.
• Proactively and persuasively deliver timely guidance on digital, consumer, and competitive trends affecting the clients’ business. Help our clients define needs, opportunities and potential solutions.
• Drive high level discussions and deliverables on the role of digital within the total marketing ecosystem – based on thorough understanding of how paid, owned and earned media function together.
• Guide the development of social media strategies and other high-level deliverables.
• Coordinate closely with cross-functional agency teams comprised of user experience, account planning, creative, technology, social media, eCRM, analytics and other agency disciplines to ultimately deliver projects that are on strategy.
• Document formal frameworks and methodologies for approaching digital strategies and tactics.
• Serve as a resource for the creative team. Ensure that digital is ingrained into the “big idea” that may cross between traditional, digital and social media.
• Provide analysis of each client’s social and analytical data for regular reporting.
• Where appropriate, play an active role in new client acquisition and new business proposals and presentations.
• Plan and lead collaborative, interactive workshops and educational sessions internally.
• Contribute to agency’s social media presence, author articles and engage in speaking engagements to advance perception of agency as a thought leader in the digital space. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Director @ OHNO Co (Open House New Orleans Company) provides business development services, including marketing, hospitality consulting, advertising, brand development, and event production, to local New Orleans' Businesses and Organizations.
OHNO Co (Open House New Orleans Company) works with clients primarily based in the Greater New Orleans Area and out-of-state clients looking to do business in the Greater New Orleans Area.
Our clients include:
Hotel Modern, New Orleans, 2013/14
Spitfire, New Orleans, 2014
Daiquiri Chef, New Orleans, 2013/14
Heck Of A Neighborhood Grocery, New Orleans, 2013
Tiki Tolteca, New Orleans, 2013/14
Old New Orleans Rum, New Orleans, 2013/14
The Bywater Neighborhood Association, New Orleans, 2013/14
Boyd Satellite Gallery, New Orleans, LA 2013
WAX, New Orleans, 2012/13/14
Booty’s Street Food, New Orleans, LA, 2012/13
Mirliton Festival, New Orleans, LA, 2012/13/14
One Eyed Jacks, New Orleans, LA 2013/14
Foundation Room, House of Blues, LA 2012
Sentiments Wine Bar, New Orleans, LA 2011/12
Le Foret, New Orleans, LA, 2011
Eiffel Society, New Orleans, LA, 2010/11
Carnegie Marketing Associates, Los Angeles, CA, 2010/11/12
Lucas Bols USA, New Orleans, LA 2010/11 From July 2011 to Present (4 years 6 months) Founder @ The New Orleans Daiquiri Festival:
An Annual Festival Celebrating New Orleans' Frozen Daiquiri Culture: Gallon Daiquiri Parties, Outdoor Drinking, & All Your Favorite Neighborhood Daiq Shops.
Thompson oversees every aspect of the festival, including sponsor acquisition, design, merchandising, accounting, staffing, food and beverage management, ticketing, advertising, social media, public relations, permit applications and more. From September 2011 to Present (4 years 4 months) Greater New Orleans AreaBeverage Program Consultant @ Full Beverage and Bar Program creation and build out, including acquisition of initial inventory, projected budgets, creation of full beverage menu, staffing and training. From July 2012 to December 2012 (6 months) Marketing & Programming Director @ In their first year, Thompson handled all social media, advertising, and marketing initiatives, including all aspects of design and writing copy. In addition, Thompson directed all public programing, which included talent buying, event development, staffing and promotions. After the first year, Thompson left to run OHNO Co. full time. From August 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 1 month) Brand Ambassador @ -Advocated Bols Genever, Galliano, and other spirits at on and off-premise accounts in the greater New Orleans area.
-Produced and participated in local events as representative for Lucas Bols. From September 2010 to March 2011 (7 months) Trade Education & Marketing Specialist @ -Developed Educational and Promotional Materials for Key Trade, including key account managers and bartenders, as well as lead Sales Distributors.
-Developed Marketing Strategies for Activating New Accounts and Public Events From August 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 2 months) Greater New York City AreaBar Manager @ From January 2009 to February 2010 (1 year 2 months) Marketing Director @ From April 2008 to January 2009 (10 months)
MFA, Writing @ Mills College From 2004 to 2006 BA, Creative Studies @ UCSB From 2001 to 2003 Literature @ Westmont College From 1999 to 2001 Jeremy JF Thompson is skilled in: Media Production, Social Theory, Document Analysis, Public Relations, Social Promotion, Viral Marketing, Guerrilla Marketing, Word Of Mouth Marketing, Alternative Media, Creative Communication, Trend Tracking, Product Concepts, Industry Networking, Membership Management, Fonts