BBA, Honours Bachelor of Business Administation @
Health and Safety Manager @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Senior Health and Safety Advisor @ From March 2014 to November 2014 (9 months) District Health and Safety Manager @ • Drives Health & Safety culture and manages initiatives and compliance for over 40 locations in Ontario East and the Atlantic Provinces including
Health and Safety Manager @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Senior Health and Safety Advisor @ From March 2014 to November 2014 (9 months) District Health and Safety Manager @ • Drives Health & Safety culture and manages initiatives and compliance for over 40 locations in Ontario East and the Atlantic Provinces including distribution centers, parts and service and retail units.
• Manages and provides leadership and guidance to two direct reports and 40 indirect reports situated across eastern Canada.
• Develops, implements and monitors safety procedures, policies and training, and manages internal audits to help ensure compliance with applicable Acts, Regulations, Sears policies and recognized industry standards.
• Investigates all high profile, sensitive accidents or workplace illnesses involving critical injuries in order to confirm legislative components are completed and risk to company is minimized.
• Provides recommendations and support to Senior Leaders, specifically Regional Vice-Presidents and General Managers for Health and Safety issues, program implementation and continuous improvement plans.
• Communicates new programs and processes to ensure units are informed of Health and Safety trends, requirements and goals.
• Manages the implementation of all programs to capitalize on all provincial rebate programs, for example PRIME and WorkWell.
• Develops company training programs including fall protection and mobile equipment operation.
• Audits and monitors unit performance with Sears and Provincial Standards, total injury frequency and Early and Safe Return to work and escalates non-compliance issues as appropriate.
• Oversees the organization and participation of Health and Safety Committees for each unit in the assigned district to ensure best practices are implemented and sustained.
• Achieved a 97% on the second WSIB Workwell Audit in January 2012 and saved the organization $500,000.
• Winner of the Retail Council of Canada Health, Safety & Wellness Excellence Award in 2012 and 2013.
• Over 400 health and safety internal audits completed from 2011 - 2013. From February 2011 to March 2014 (3 years 2 months) Ontario East and the AtlanticEnvironment, Health and Safety Coordinator @ Responsibilities
• Coordinated health and safety training for 1200 employees and delivered new hire health and safety orientation training.
• Created and organized various events to inform and educate team members including Health and Safety Week, Earth Week, Clean Air Commute and Waste Reduction Week globally across all Husky campuses.
• Created and delivered Safety Talks to team members.
• Provided support, technical advice and guidance to the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Worked with JHSC members to help prepare accident reports and investigated industrial accidents to minimize recurrence.
• Carried out workplace inspections to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and working practices; identified and corrected potential hazards to ensure compliance with safety regulations resulting in safer working environments and practices.
• Coordinated, tracked and ensured the safe and environmentally friendly disposal of substances and equipment via external contractors.
• Developed and maintained an internal Environment, Health and Safety, Wellness and Fitness website.
• Assisted in the administration of the Wellness Center.
• Worked with the Director of EHS to develop a 15 year corporate goal called TargetZEROTM to achieve carbon neutrality.
• Completed greenhouse gas inventories including Scopes 1, 2, & 3 for Shanghai, Vermont, Luxembourg & Bolton campuses for 2006-2008.
• Re-launched GreenSharesTM, an internal environment awareness program, and completed the first year of draw prizes and awards globally. From August 2008 to February 2011 (2 years 7 months)
Occupational Health and Safety Certificate, Occupational Health and Safety Certificate @ Ryerson University From 2010 to 2013 BBA, Honours Bachelor of Business Administation @ Brock University From 2003 to 2008 Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), BBA @ Copenhagen Business School From 2007 to 2007 Jennifer Lagani, CRSP is skilled in: Occupational Health, Continuous Improvement, Team Leadership, Team Building, Presentations, Management, Employee Training, Time Management, Exceptional People Skills, Program Management, Training, Auditing, Internal Audit, Risk Assessment, Employee Relations
Looking for a different
Jennifer Lagani, CRSP?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension