Executive Team Leader / District Merchandising & Customer Service Lead & Trainer @ Target Corporation
Litchfield High School
Through my experiences in a number of diverse roles, I have been able to develop a strong base of skills in marketing and sales, combining creativity, strategy, ambition, and diligence to drive positive results. I enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple business goals. I have had success in developing brands through
Through my experiences in a number of diverse roles, I have been able to develop a strong base of skills in marketing and sales, combining creativity, strategy, ambition, and diligence to drive positive results. I enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple business goals. I have had success in developing brands through strategic marketing and promotions and I take pride in helping my clients achieve their business objectives.
CPG Sales Executive at Valassis Communication, Inc. @ - Responsible for driving profitable sales and meeting/exceeding revenue and margin objectives.
- Ability to position and sell relevant advertising solutions to existing and new business clients.
- Focus on account retention and growth via a cost-effective and sustainable virtual selling model.
- Build strong relationships with client by providing excellent service and delivering value
- Provide ongoing account management and grow new business accounts.
- Effectively collaborate through internal processes and with partner groups to ensure the execution
of client advertising campaigns from start to finish.
- Design client specific media solutions based on client’s marketing needs.
- Create targeting plans to fit client’s strategic objectives.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and/or annual advertising plans based on client needs. From June 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) Greater New York City AreaUnilever On-Site Liaison / Junior Sales & Marketing Executive - Strategic Sales @ Impact on Team Revenue goals:
- Create demand for products and services, and generating incremental revenue by reaching and building relationships with key decision-makers.
- Identify key opportunities and design proposals that focus on achieving client objectives and generating incremental revenue.
- Collaborate strategically with associate brand managers and introduce them to product solutions that will achieve business objectives.
- Build and own relationship with the Shopper Marketing leadership.
- Assist in the ongoing game planning process for client and establish a regimen for evaluation and modification during the year.
- Build expertise and knowledge of client’s business situation, brand portfolio & marketing strategies via internal/external resources & customer interaction
- Collaborate with marketing and sales team to help define client’s business and brand objectives.
- Proactively identify and evaluate potential sales opportunities by utilizing internal/external resources and communicate them to the sales team
- Champion integrated solutions to help position and assist in the sales of Valassis products and services.
- Oversee execution of programs and communicate results to clients.
Provide service as liaison:
- Create and update ongoing internal external reporting.
- Solicit client input, seek new business opportunities, represent Valassis well, and communicate pertinent information to sales and operation teams.
- Exhibit a complete understanding of the strategic uses of the Valassis portfolio of products and the ability to communicate this to client contacts.
- Assist Sales Executive in preparation and presentation of various consultative presentations.
- Serve as an information resource for Valassis team and client contacts. From May 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 2 months) Executive Team Leader / District Merchandising & Customer Service Lead & Trainer @ - Strategize district marketing initiatives for in-store merchandising
- Demonstrate awareness, engagement, and accountability for gross margin utilizing marketing initiatives and innovation to exceed goals
- Lead a team of 170+ employees to execute multiple business goals on a daily and long term basis
- Model proactive customer service by maintaining a strong understanding of consumer attitudes and trends
- Collaborate with outside vendors and designers to identify sales drivers and capitalize on gross margin
- Influence peers to understand consumer behavior and utilize unique marketing promotions, shopping trends, service marketing, and brand management to achieve goals
- Facilitator of guest experience and retention on a district level
- Execute short and long term marketing plans while maintaining a level of adaptability to business needs
- District Instructor for Best Practice Training Course
- On-board, mentor, and train new executives
- Generate ideas written into Target’s new Best Practice model
- Pioneered first Target Merchandising training course for executives in training
- Facilitate continuous team development and engagement through consistent feedback and developmental activities
- Analyze business trends and appropriately prioritize and drive continuous business improvement by assessing and selecting top talent at all levels
- Liaison and resource to corporate initiatives at district, group, regional, and corporate levels
- Extensive experience in interviewing, hiring, terminations, and promotions From 2010 to 2012 (2 years) Executive Intern @ - Executive in Training to the Target Corporation
- Lead and manage a team to drive and increase profitability, service, and key marketing strategies
- Develop new and innovative means to improve store structure and process
- Strategize means to expand Target Corporation internationally From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) Marketing Intern @ - Support role assisting CPG Sales Executives drive sales and product awareness
- Extract and analyze data for comparative analysis on brand development
- Create strategic presentations, present marketing strategies and provide recommendations to clients
- Develop strategies to expand digital marketing promotions From 2008 to 2008 (less than a year)
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Political Science, Spanish, International Studies @ The University of Connecticut From 2006 to 2010 Litchfield High School Jennifer Kalita is skilled in: Marketing Strategy, Strategic Planning, Team Leadership, Direct Marketing, Merchandising, Competitive Analysis, Creative Strategy, Visual Merchandising, Goal Oriented, Integrated Marketing, Sales, Team Development, Retail Management, Development Of Teams, Financial Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension