Digital Network Intelligence Analyst @ United States Air Force
Cryptologic Linguist @ United States Air Force
Associate's Degree @
Defense Language Institute
I am a technology junkie and have been since my first computer at age 13; I love tinkering with hardware and modding computers, I enjoy writing code to solve challenging problems, and learning new languages or techniques. For the majority of my professional career I've worked in the computer / network security realm, and I love the
I am a technology junkie and have been since my first computer at age 13; I love tinkering with hardware and modding computers, I enjoy writing code to solve challenging problems, and learning new languages or techniques. For the majority of my professional career I've worked in the computer / network security realm, and I love the fast-paced, dynamic nature of this particular industry. I appreciate the intimate level of knowledge required to perform advanced reverse-engineering, or circumvent operating system malware countermeasures.
I am looking to grow as a computer security researcher and to do so I would like to start overcoming some of my weaker areas (math) so that I can get into some of the more exciting areas (crypto, sat solvers, etc)... I would like to explore working on or researching mobile devices and writing more kernel level code. Ideally the place I work would have a team with diverse talents, each of us mentors in our own fields.
Senior Software Engineer @ · Designed and implemented the successor to a multi-million dollar Python-based web application framework using the latest technologies and design principles that increased performance of the application by a factor of 10 over the previous version.
· Researched and implemented various methods for passing arbitrary binary data in the browser of a website visitor.
· Designed and implemented a utility to remotely monitor and interact with Microsoft Windows dialog messages to assist in troubleshooting and remotely debugging PSP products.
· Assisted in the design and implementation of a dynamically typed, database driven web UI framework that was used to provide a configuration API to plugin developers without the need for custom UI code.
· Designed and implemented a Python-based advertising web framework to dynamically inject adverts into websites based on configurable metadata filters.
· Research and develop new technologies and methods for fulfilling customer requirements.
· Took lead role in supporting customer driven QRC (Quick Reaction Capability) tasks to ensure operational success that constantly met or exceeded expectations.
· Performed code audits to ensure that company products met coding standards, and did not contain bugs.
· Assisted management during product planning with technical expertise to identify and provide solutions to architectural issues, drive current and future product lifecycles, and to ensure products meet and exceed customer requirements. From August 2008 to Present (7 years 5 months) Washington D.C. Metro AreaDigital Network Intelligence Analyst @ · Conducted behavioral analysis on malicious software (malware) in support of Department of Defense (DoD) intrusion incidents.
· Assisted in software-runtime analysis, debugging and evaluating threats to DoD computer network security and infrastructure.
· Performed computer network vulnerability assessment research on target networks.
· Performed computer forensic analysis on seized computer media and captured network traffic sessions.
· Conducted network analysis and network architecture data visualization to support strategic Information Operations planning.
· Implemented specific network signatures that improved network collection and monitoring capabilities at national-level intrusion detection systems.
· Provided computer network intrusion response support to DoD and partner agencies.
· Performed risk analysis and threat assessment reporting on targets of interest to national security.
· Coordinated all-source cyber intrusion assessments with an operational focus supporting mission priorities and daily tasks with the NTOC.
· Developed a partnership between NTOC and the Department of Energy (DoE) Cyber-Security Office to enhance visibility and improve analysis on network intrusion attempts.
· Established a collaborative relationship with the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) to assist with ongoing criminal investigations.
· Provided advanced analytical and technical support to National Security Agency (NSA) personnel on a daily basis. Established reputation as a subject matter expert for junior analysts.
· Implemented new training methods and testing procedures for junior analysts
· Mentored various DoD personnel and assisted in officially certifying Digital Network Intelligence Analysts. From 2005 to 2008 (3 years) San Antonio, Texas AreaCryptologic Linguist @ · Provided SIGINT support to in-country US Forces and civilian personnel.
· Reviewed and analyzed translated foreign language source material.
· Drafted SIGINT reports and assisted in the quality control process.
· Recognized subject matter expert regarding DNI techniques, target development, and long-term analysis.
· Monitored, transcribed, analyzed and evaluated voice and data communications in support of strategic and tactical level cryptologic operations.
· Developed training materials, validate certification testing, and establish operational guidelines for performing Digital Network Analysis. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years) San Antonio, Texas Area
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension