Software Engineer @ Working on a mobile app/service to help people connect, build community. Designed to wireframe level, presently learning Android and web technologies. Working to get a minimum viable product developed. From January 2015 to Present (1 year) (On Sabatical) @ I took some time away from work to regroup and explore. Helped an artist start
Previously, lead development of the factory programmer (C++/SQL Server running on Windows) used in production to load software onto Danger/Microsoft smartphones and provision them for cellular carriers. From May 2008 to March 2012 (3 years 11 months) Software Engineer @ Development in Java/C++/C for the Danger Sidekick line of smartphones.
Developed device diagnostics application in Java, used to expose hardware problems for service and technical support.
Lead developer of the factory programmer (C++/MySQL running on Windows) used in production to load software onto Sidekicks and provision them for cellular carriers. From December 2003 to May 2008 (4 years 6 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Technical lead for credit card processing subsystem, written in Java/J2EE, using Weblogic 6.1 application server with an Oracle 8i database.
• Created software tools (Visual C++/MFC) to test and configure modems, improving production throughput.
• Designed and implemented a Bit Error Rate Test tool (C++/MFC) for the production and repair groups that is credited with uncovering a significant hardware problem in their modem products. It is used to this day. From August 1997 to June 2000 (2 years 11 months) Senior Software Engineer @ • Technical Lead for data acquisition on ABB’s SPIDER SCADA/EMS (Energy Management System), written in C++, C, and Fortran, running on Unix with a custom SQL database.
• Improved data acquisition throughput by an order of magnitude by streamlining processing and eliminating bottlenecks in a critical module. This was vital to meeting the requirements of several large system contracts.
• Conceived of a “tracer” mechanism to gather debugging information on selected data packets moving through a production system without introducing significant overhead. It was instrumental in solving a number of complex data acquisition problems. From May 1996 to June 2000 (4 years 2 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Subsystem Lead for the SCADA subsystem of their Energy Management System product, written in C and Fortran and running on Unix. Led development from requirements analysis and design through implementation and troubleshooting. From November 1990 to May 1996 (5 years 7 months) Senior Programmer/Analyst @ • Programmer for ARTECS, their SCADA/Energy Management System product.
• Site analyst at California State University System’s central computing center, supporting CDC systems and software. Designed and implemented a rewrite of their e-mail system.
• System programmer for NOS OS Development, programming features, enhancements, and corrections to the CDC NOS operating system kernel and utilities in assembly language. From June 1981 to June 1990 (9 years 1 month)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension