Controller (designate) - Global Oil & Gas Division @ Continental
Proprietor @ Pro Disco Services
2.1 BSc (Hons), Accounting & Finance (Ind) @
University of Leeds
Commercial Manager Designate @ I work within the ContiTech Group, part of the German owned Continental AG, who are specialists in rubber and plastics technology. The Fluid Technology business based in Karben in Germany, develops and produces numerous hose types and hose systems for automotive and industrial applications including offshore activities. Its global Oil and Marine division
Commercial Manager Designate @ I work within the ContiTech Group, part of the German owned Continental AG, who are specialists in rubber and plastics technology. The Fluid Technology business based in Karben in Germany, develops and produces numerous hose types and hose systems for automotive and industrial applications including offshore activities. Its global Oil and Marine division – with sites in the UK, US, Hungary, Germany, Turkey, Dubai and Brazil - is one of the most successful and dynamic parts of the Fluid Technology business unit – employing over 650 staff and a turnover of over €200m.
I am part of a two year Management Development Program in the Oil & Marine division. I will be initially based in Grimsby, UK, followed by two 8 month overseas placements within the division. After completion of the Program, the role will become the Controller for the global Oil and Marine division as well as the Commercial Manager for the Dunlop Oil & Marine business in the UK. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Controller (designate) - Global Oil & Gas Division @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Proprietor @ Pro Disco Services provides mobile disco entertainment, DJ’s, Dancefloor hire, sound system hire and photo projection specifically aimed at high end weddings and corporate events in Lincolnshire, Yorkshire and the Midlands.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Day to day running of the business
• Dealing with enquires – Phone/email
• Providing quotations
• Sending out booking forms/confirmations
• Book keeping
• Banking cheques/paying suppliers
• Maintaining accurate business records
• Compliance with Health & Safety and legal requirements
• Maintaining equipment
• Liaising with clients – Phone/email
• Keeping up to date with industry developments
• Providing the end services
The business involves travel, initiative, self motivation, time management, attention to detail and a large degree of organisation to ensure the services are provided to the highest of standards.
I thoroughly enjoy running my own business and believe I can apply what I have learnt to various business situations. From May 2005 to Present (10 years 8 months) Senior Associate @ • Providing audit and business advice to a variety of clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
• Working as part of a team, liaising with both client and other specialist staff in the practice to provide high quality client services
• Providing an on-site coordination role for audit clients including the coaching and training of junior staff
• Supervising teams and reporting directly to senior staff From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) Business Advisor @ My role was to work both autonomously and as part of a team to deliver audit, accounting and advisory services to a range of clients whilst working towards membership of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS). Industries and clients worked with included Commonwealth Games England, Investors in Lincoln, various manufacturing industries (including food & industrial products), consultancy, agricultural & farming, construction & property letting, medical, engineering, academy schools, charities and not-for-profit organisations.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities included:
• Gathering of audit evidence through communication and interaction with client staff;
• Preparing analysis of accounting data from clients books and records;
• Ensuring audit files had all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; checking appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions;
• Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Manager;
• Ensuring compliance with internal and external (regulatory) requirements;
• Developing and strengthening client relationships;
• Adding value to clients’ businesses through analysing their strengths and weaknesses, and recommending effective solutions;
• Assisting in the development of more junior trainees within the team;
I am able to prepare accounts from source documents in line with accounting standards, plan, design and implement audit procedures, make recommendations for business improvements to controls and practices and discuss audit findings with senior staff and clients.
Working within Assurance & Advisory enabled me to gain an understanding of a number of businesses in different sectors from small owner managed businesses, to large multi-million pound turnover groups. From August 2010 to September 2013 (3 years 2 months) Analyst @ My role was to carry out the administrative tasks on corporate recovery cases; this included the day-to-day running of a range of cases, including many high profile cases such as Celebrations Group Limited, XL Leisure Group Plc and Wagon Plc.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities included:
• Case set-up and administration, including journals, cheque requisitions, IPS (insolvency based accounting software) data entry
• Maintaining/ensuring checklists were up to date
• Dealing with/agreeing unsecured creditors claims
• Maintaining diary system on IPS
• Boxing up records/filing
• Dealing with suppliers/customers on trading cases
• Dealing with retention of title issues
• Assisting with the sale of businesses
• Debt collection/dealing with debtor queries
• General employee queries/issues
• Case reviews/permanent file reviews/compliance reviews
• Awareness and generation of standard letters
• Dealing with creditor enquiries - phone/letter
• Company searches
• Billing forms
• Preparation of financial infrmation
During my fourteen months working for Zolfo Cooper I learnt a huge array of transferable business skills as detailed above.
I have extensive knowledge of corporate insolvency, especially company Administrations and Liquidations. I am able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing about complex matters.
My professional attitude towards work helped me develop strong working relationships and earn the respect of my team and colleagues from offices across the UK. From August 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 2 months) Leeds, United Kingdom
Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland From 2010 to 2013 2.1 BSc (Hons), Accounting & Finance (Ind) @ University of Leeds From 2006 to 2010 Queen Elizabeth's High School, Gainsborough From 1999 to 2006 James Wright CA is skilled in: Accounting, Business Planning, Auditing, Financial Accounting, Analysis, Corporate Finance, Internal Controls, Financial Reporting, Financial Analysis, Management Accounting, Microsoft Excel, VAT, Assurance, Bookkeeping, Tax