Technical Support Engineer @ Forcepoint LLC (Formerly Raytheon|Websense)
Technology Support Specialist @ Eastview High School
Associates Degree, Information Technology @
Over ten years of client-side technical support experience, supporting both internal and external commercial, government and educational customers. Past three years have been supporting firewalls, IPS and the network surrounding them. Experienced in aligning to business goals and giving insight on how to improve business function with information technology. Proven ability to quickly analyze, diagnose and resolve
Over ten years of client-side technical support experience, supporting both internal and external commercial, government and educational customers. Past three years have been supporting firewalls, IPS and the network surrounding them. Experienced in aligning to business goals and giving insight on how to improve business function with information technology. Proven ability to quickly analyze, diagnose and resolve client technical issues. Very resourceful and driven to find answers to technical problems. Friendly, great attitude working with customers to find solutions to their technical problems, taking satisfaction in helping them and teaching how to best use technology.
Technical Support Engineer @ • Provided senior level firewall/IPS product global phone and web based support for Intel Security/McAfee network defense products, adhering to SLA defined requirements.
• Personally managed incoming calls and assigned web tickets providing diagnostic, troubleshooting and repair details to customers.
• Participated in rotated after hour’s phone, handling high severity issues.
• Tested customer firewall configurations in lab environment. This included setting up other vendor software and hardware.
• Personally administered the product support lab, continually updating the lab environment, applying patches, and researching/deploying new technologies where necessary.
• Personally administered the product support BSD/Linux FTP server for customer uploads.
• Personally setup and maintained documentation Wiki for product support group.
• Personally redesigned and implemented new product support lab network design, including migrating main firewalls to new hardware and software, migrating hosts to newly allocated IP addresses and creating fully redundant network paths.
• Personally migrated aging customer support BSD FTP server to new hardware and software. This included migrating to the Linux operating system, creating custom scripts and creating a custom PHP uploader.
• Personally setup monitoring software for critical lab devices. From August 2010 to Present (5 years 3 months) St. Paul, MNTechnology Support Specialist @ • Provided both help desk phone and email technical support for student, teacher and administrative personal computers and devices in a Microsoft environment.
• Helped maintain Active Directory users, groups and group policy objects for our site.
• Maintained HP/Dell hardware by replacing parts and upgrading where needed.
• Personally in charge of creating/deploying hardware independent operating system images for all computers and making sure software was up-to-date.
• Personally tasked with implementing Altiris DS and NS on local site network, working with network administrators on how to best use the products.
• Created and maintained MSI and self-contained software packages.
• Created and utilized batch and VBS scripts to help deploy software.
• Personally created a dynamic C# web application, taking user data and placing into a MS-SQL database to be utilized later.
• Played a key role in planning user and workstation migration on our site from a Novell server environment to a Windows server environment.
• Saved money by utilizing donated hardware and fixing hardware in-house with used parts. From January 2005 to August 2010 (5 years 8 months) Client Support Specialist @ • Provided support for client computer systems and peripherals.
• Answered technical questions that came into the help desk through phone and email.
• Documented help desk service calls with our ticketing system and provided support at client work stations.
• Worked on a team to replace client desktops according to scheduled monthly end of lease dates.
• Would assist in getting files and settings transferred to user’s new machines. From March 2004 to March 2005 (1 year 1 month)
Bachelors Degree, Business Information Technology @ Brown College From 2003 to 2006 Associates Degree, Information Technology @ Brown College From 2003 to 2006 James Puzic is skilled in: Linux, SQL, C#, ASP.NET, Windows, Mono, Java, Web Design, Network Security, Testing, Firewalls, IPS, Scripting, Deployment, Software Engineering, Troubleshooting, BSD, VMware Infrastructure, Real-time Software..., Cisco Technologies, Technical Support, VPN, Hardware, Windows Server, Software Installation, Networking, TCP/IP