IT Services: HQ @ Truth and Reconcillation Commission
Group IT Director/COO @ Probis CRM
IT Manager (Head of IT) @ Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board
Luckhoff High School
Passionate, performance-driven Senior IT Executive, with in excess of 26 years’ international experience in strategic management, full SDLC, services-delivery, change-management, info-sec risk management and financial control. These have been applied to activities that required; IT Audit, total cost of ownership (TCO), needs & risk analysis, business analysis, managing business-design & processes and their (re-) engineering, trough continuous
Passionate, performance-driven Senior IT Executive, with in excess of 26 years’ international experience in strategic management, full SDLC, services-delivery, change-management, info-sec risk management and financial control. These have been applied to activities that required; IT Audit, total cost of ownership (TCO), needs & risk analysis, business analysis, managing business-design & processes and their (re-) engineering, trough continuous process-improvement, information & technical architecture, organisational design, change management and planning (strategic, operational and project). Change Agent and able strategist, with an exceptional ability to resolve complex business challenges and attain peak levels of performance. Optimistic leader with a can-do attitude, but with firmly planted pragmatism. Proven ability to recruit, motivate and develop a superior staff in addition to effective negotiation and conflict resolution. Thought leader featured as speaker at various industry events (national and international) and published SANS1718:4 and other various technical standards for the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS).
Head of IT @ From August 2015 to Present (3 months) Cape Town Area, South AfricaIT Service Delivery Manager @ The SDM ensures effective development, management and delivery of operational Service Level Agreements across multiple sites between MITMS and its clients, including and aligned to ITIL with the management of change control and escalation processes as well as a team of 1st level support engineers and Facilities team to ensure a high degree of customer satisfaction is achieved. Also responsible for IT policies and procedure documentation, including Business Continuity Plan (BCP), PCI environments and Avaya Telephony escalations to the CCaaS team.
Key performance areas include;
• Provides a single service desk and support solution to international clients - ASDA (UK), T-Mobile (UK), iiNet (AUS) with circa 1400 end users
• Single point of contact for management of all escalation and change requests between Operations and MITMS
• Defines, manages and implements change control and escalation processes
• Ensures that Service Delivery meets or exceeds all client SLA expectations From March 2012 to July 2015 (3 years 5 months) Cape TownGroup IT Director @ • Strategic planning, implementation and monitoring
• Operational management
• Service management (Helpdesk [480 clients] & Development)
• Architect of Call Center CRM software – Product Manager
• Implement VOIP integration with CRM
• Determine, source, implement technical environment
• Application development management
• Setup and maintain group milestones (KPI’s), policies and procedures
• Legislation governance iro of Data Protection laws
• Implement and Maintain Risk management including disaster recovery planning
• Quality control, support center operations and performance levels.
• Ensuring (and exceeded) the SLA uptime of 99.5% to 99.8%. From November 2004 to March 2012 (7 years 5 months) London, United KingdomProgramme Manager: International @ • Accountable for planning, structuring, leading and executing the South African programme.
• Planning and reporting tools: Ms Project, MS Excel, MS Word
• Programme management of multiple work streams (18 member team)
• Compliance of regulations, rules and legislation
• FICA, PCI DSS, Data Protection and Infosec o Infrastructure: Hardware & Software o Application Development (Orbis) & Compliance with SABS1718:4
• SA Business setup: Mainstream (Pty) Ltd and Licensing application process (Western Cape Gambling and Racing Board)
• Software Certification against SANS1718:4 : (GLI South Africa)
• Budget management - £2.7mil (R30mil)
• Partner (KaiRo, AG Consulting) and Key Stakeholder expectations management
• Analysing and leading OpenBet software for full compliance with SANS1718:4
• Obtaining various license approvals, business, premises and personnel
• Rollout of compliance to general rules, regulations and the National Gambling Act.
• Planning of programme and monitoring its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
• Communicating with all key stakeholders
• Report progress of the programme at regular intervals to Executives and Board members From November 2009 to February 2011 (1 year 4 months) London, United KingdomIT Manager (Head of IT) @ • Support, Training & Asset Management
• Architectural design of network infrastructure
• Reduced TCO by standardising on Dell & Microsoft branding
• Software Development & Documentation - Developed in-house software in Delphi 5&7 - Complete documentation, JAD sessions, diagrams and training manuals
• Staff Management & External Relationships - Managed 8 direct staff members, - Managed SLA's and outsourced contractors - Presented numerous presentations to Executives and Board Members.
• Project Management - Managed various complex projects locally and nationally - Project teams varied from three to 29 people. - State IT Agency (SITA) - member of e-Government project.
• Financial Management and Procurement - Responsible for preparing and supporting annual department Budget - C ZAR2.5 Million - Recommending expenditure to Audit Committee of the Board - Reduced software expenditure (40%) by negotiating with National Government SLA's.
• Risk Management & Strategy Planning - Drafted, implemented and maintained risk plan.
• Responsible for strategic operational planning and maintenance of plan. Achievements
• Successfully re-engineered and project managed development of Management Information System.
• Reduced the capital expenditure by 44%.
• Formulated National IT Forum.
• Developing compliance matrix level with King II, ECT act, ISO/BS 17799, National archives act, Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 act.
• Developed internal Intranet and External web presence (www.wcgrb.co.za).
• Member of various national and international technical workgroups and committees. From October 1997 to October 2004 (7 years 1 month) Cape Town Area, South AfricaIT Services: HQ @ • Assisted Systems Manager in infrastructure design covering 4 different regions linked via Diginet Data Services, 8 servers, 210 desktops / 81 notebooks, software.
• Working with best-of-breed, best-in-class service-providers and vendors in order to deliver strategically effective and operationally efficient IT support services.
• Supervised one technical support engineer
• 3rd Level IT support for three other regions From April 1996 to October 1997 (1 year 7 months) Cape Town Area, South AfricaControl Technician/Product Support @ • Engaged to manage highly trained professionals in the Mobile Radio Division (MRD).
• Managed desktop support service-level agreements & performance metrics for external clients.
• Basic communications training in PABX systems – managed with installations for SLA clients.
• Pre-sales Product specialist on VoIP hardware From September 1995 to April 1996 (8 months) Cape Town Area, South AfricaLAN Administrator @ • Responsible for two Novell 3.12 server administration and desktop support for approximately 1000 users (900 PC's) with various in-house applications.
• Implemented a successful measurement for effectiveness of competency for business unit by developing simple CRM (help-desk) system.
• Supervised several Technicon interns From March 1994 to August 1995 (1 year 6 months) Cape Town Area, South AfricaLAN Administrator @ • Responsible for two Novell 3.12 server administration and desktop support for approximately 250 users with various applications.
• Assisted in re-developing Management Information System (MIS) in Magic.
• Designed a complex psychometric matrix application, in Clipper 5, under direction from human resources department. From March 1992 to March 1994 (2 years 1 month) Claremont, South AfricaNetwork Administrator/Programmer @ • Responsible for Novell 3.11 server administration and desktop support for approximately 90 users with various in-house applications.
• Assisted with development of human resources application, in Clipper 5.01. Liaison for mainframe dumb-terminal problems with head-office. From June 1991 to July 1992 (1 year 2 months) Cape Town Area, South AfricaJunior Programmer @ • Developed pH testing application, in Clipper S'87, for use by laboratory analysis and various applications, Responsible for LanTastic server administration and desktop support for 16 users with various in-house applications.
• Supervised one staff member From February 1989 to March 1991 (2 years 2 months) Stellenbosch, South Africa
Masters of Commerce (MCom), Incomplete @ University of the Western Cape/Universiteit van Wes-Kaapland From 2000 to 2003 Matric, Matric @ Luckhoff High School From 1986 to 1988 Jameel Golding is skilled in: CRM, IT Service Management, Strategy, Change Management, Management, ITIL, Service Delivery, Business Process, Business Analysis, Leadership, Stakeholder Management, Vendor Management, Disaster Recovery, Governance, Project Management, Call Centers, IT Management, Recruiting, Team Management, Risk Management, Business Process..., Process Improvement, Operations Management, Business Strategy, Strategic Planning, IT Strategy, Service Management, Project Delivery, Business Intelligence, Outsourcing, Information Security, Sla, Integration, New Business Development, Business Development, Program Management, Board of Directors, Operations Directors, Budgets, Team Leadership, Business Continuity, VoIP, Software Development, Telecommunications, Product Management, SLA
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension