I have the pleasure to work for a global organization who is fundamentally changing the benchmark for corporate responsibility and sustainable living. Unilever has declared the goal of decoupling its environmental impact from its growth, by: halving the environmental footprint of its products over the next 10 years; helping 2 billion people improve their health and well-being;
I have the pleasure to work for a global organization who is fundamentally changing the benchmark for corporate responsibility and sustainable living. Unilever has declared the goal of decoupling its environmental impact from its growth, by: halving the environmental footprint of its products over the next 10 years; helping 2 billion people improve their health and well-being; and sourcing all of its agricultural raw materials sustainably.
Company Rankings, Awards, and Recognition:
* #1 Most Sustainable Global Food & Beverage Company for 14 years (Dow Jones Sustainability Index 2012)
* #1 Top Food Production Company for Actions Addressing Climate Change (ClimateCounts.org 2012)
* #3 Most Admired Global Consumer Food Product Company (Fortune 2012)
* #5 Most Demanded Companies to Work for Globally (LinkedIn 2012)
* #10 Top 20 Best Companies for Leaders (Hays Group 2012)
* #10 Top 25 Global Supply Chain Companies (Gartner 2012)
* #19 Top Global Companies for Leaders (Fortune 2012)
* Winner of World Business and Development Awards for efforts to improve living standards in some of the world's most disadvantaged communities (UN Rio+20 Conference 2012)
* 100/100 score in the Corporate Equality Index (Human Rights Campaign (HRC) 2012)
* Platinum Plus Ranking Corporate Responsibility Index (Business in the Community 2012)
* One of the 'Top Companies' for LGBT Equality (Worklife Matters Magazine 2012)
* Gold Medal for International Corporate Achievement in Sustainable Development (World Environment Center 2012)
* FTSE4Good Sir Mervyn Pedelty Award in 2012 which recognises companies that integrate environmental and social performance into business strategy
There are 5 objectives in my life...
5. Strive for passion
4. Connect in a meaningful way
3. Live... life everyday
2. See the world
1. Change the world
1. Getting it done. No Excuses. No Questions Asked.
2. Challenging the status quo.
3. Changing the world as we know it.
Sales & Marketing Analyst : Walmart Haircare @ Provide full analytical support for the Walmart Haircare desk, highest grossing desk in Unilever global sales with over $750M in annual volume and over 400 SKUs in market.
Responsible for delivering full end-to-end Sales and Marketing JBP targets calling on Walmart buying team.
Currently developing major consumer and shopper insight driven capabilities enabling our decision making process into uncharted predictive space utilizing IRI Nielsen, Tableau, and RetailLink. From October 2014 to Present (1 year 1 month) Fayetteville, Arkansas AreaCustomer Planning Analyst : Walmart Personal Care & Sam's Club @ • Lead the monthly operational sales call planning & risk/opportunity assessments for WM Haircare and Sam’s Club; Managing, forecasting, and developing plans for a portfolio of brands totaling $750MM in yearly turns.
• Driving a laser focused paradigm shift in forecast accuracy of +6500bps for Sam’s & +1600bps for WM Haircare through true synergistic customer collaboration and precise inventory management methodologies. From July 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 4 months) Fayetteville, Arkansas AreaProduction Supervisor : Rexdale Plant (Spreads & Dressings) @ • Drive business safety, quality, sustainability (COD, BOD, C02), and productivity (OEE, Attainment) targets while supervising 94 direct reports, over three shift, operating 9 productions lines
• Manufacturing leader of capital project to enable new volume of $5M NSV through production capability, increasing line capabilities +33% on our most flexible dressings line
• Leading a team of 9 line operators as a TPM facilitator, driving OEE up from 49.5% (Dec. ’12) to 84.7% (Apr. ’13)
• Engineering a plant wide TPM Kanban FIFO logistics system; reducing complexity, handling costs & carrying costs From July 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 1 month) Toronto, Canada AreaCustomer Support Analyst : Meijer Inc. Customer Account @ • Spearheaded a business process improvement project automating a user interface tool for mitigating losses around Unilever US’s main loss for 2011 of $301.8MM USD. Resulting in the reduction of customer service workload by 80hrs/wk
• Collaborated cross-functionally across customer service and logistics to drive the development of a logistics delay platform; Enabling first ever reporting tool for delayed inter-company transfers while shrinking business waste labor by 45hrs/week
• Facilitated “Kaizen” continuous improvement for Meijer Inc. Customer Service Team; overseeing the movement of approx. $150MM of finished goods over 12 months
• Effectively integrated three direct buy integrations for the Meijer Inc. customer account totaling $50MM
• Strategically served as a SuperUser for the Alberto Culver 3.7BB acquisition and business integration in March 2012
• Improved internal customer service KPI’s through “Project Cordillera” the largest SAP transition in Unilever history; 3rd largest go-live integration in SAP’s history
• Engaged multiple levels of the supply chain on a daily basis to mitigate losses and increase customer service KPI’s; Directly connecting with Customer Development, Planning, Logistics, Warehousing, Production, & Quality departments From August 2011 to July 2012 (1 year) Trumbull, CT AreaSupply Chain Process Improvement Consultant @ • Executed and optimized the entire process flow of operations throughout the internal supply chain
• Provided process improvement expertise on a team of 4 consultants, garnering a reduction in flow complexity by 30%
• Honed and sharpened over 25 vital outdated and cumbersome departmental process and procedure maps From March 2011 to June 2011 (4 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaStudent Supervisor - Head Degree Auditor @ • Lead formulation of all new database engineering including all new queries for approx. 4,500 enrolled students
• Code, audit, & forecast FCOB graduation applications, approx. 75/wk, rendering and maintaining 33% of new applications to digital record in corresponding Student Information System (SIS by Oracle) & Microsoft Access databases
• Designed and tabulated on-boarding best practices manual for graduation application coding, auditing, & forecasting From September 2008 to June 2011 (2 years 10 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaInternal Security - Guest Special Usher @ • Enforce security bag checks for 500-4000 guests per event
• Maintain entrance, backstage, roaming and arena level security to ensure that events are promptly started and continue smoothly From September 2008 to June 2011 (2 years 10 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaLean Six Sigma Process Improvement Consulant @ • Inacted a DMAIC lean six sigma process improvement project around inventory management and control over a 3 month timeframe
• Reduced business complexity and overall inventory levels by 75% resulting in a savings of approximitely $100K in carrying costs and excess inventories
• Engineered and implemented a fully network integrated inventory management system through visual controls and video monitoring systems; enabling over 200+ hospital departments statewide to easily access inventory data and stock levels remotely From January 2011 to April 2011 (4 months) Columbus, Ohio AreaSupply Chain Co-Op Analyst - Customer Support @ • Shrunk business waste labor within the VMI forecasting processes by 45% through Lean Total Process Management (TPM) and Visual Basic Programming (VBA), adding to company profits by approx. $350,000 over next four years
• Facilitated “Kaizen” continuous improvement as a full-time work level 1 CSA for H-E-B Grocery’s Customer Service Team; overseeing the movement of approx. $5,000,000 in finished goods over six months
• Spearheaded H-E-B Grocery’s customer segmentation ascension to tier one status; as result now 3rd merchant overall
Developed and engineered data warehouse in MS access using SQL programming to track H-E-B’s on-time case-fill % and overall internal effect on all merchants of lower segmentation; reported to Director and VP of Supply Chain From January 2010 to June 2010 (6 months) Trumbull, CTCampus Initiator - Guerilla Marketing Campaign @ Interactive Brand Promoter on the Proctor & Gamble Activation Crew for Buck-i-Frenzy From May 2010 to May 2010 (1 month) Columbus, Ohio AreaCare Provider - Social Services @ • Enhanced and enabled quality care for five DD individuals whilst following all state regulations and protocols
• Improved system for administering medication to clients by 50% by optimizing capacity and batch sizes
• Maintained all required protocols in the DD person’s Individual Service Plan (ISP)
• Trained in proficient first-aid, CPR and safe restraint training From June 2007 to September 2009 (2 years 4 months) Portland, Oregon AreaRegional Management Intern - Small Business Environment @ • Hired, provided work, allocated hours, delegated tasks, conducted payroll and prepared all accounts for a team of three to six employees daily for Northwest Columbus Territory (46.2 Sq/Mi)
• Assumed role as accounting, human resources, logistics, marketing, operations, and purchasing manager for designated territories From February 2008 to July 2008 (6 months) Columbus, Ohio Area
Bachelors of Science, Business Administration, Logistics Management and Operations @ The Ohio State University - The Max M. Fisher College of Business From 2007 to 2011 Green Belt, DMAIC Six Sigma @ The Ohio State University - The Max M. Fisher College of Business From 2011 to 2011 Jake Carpenter is skilled in: Process Improvement, Nielsen, Leadership, Management, Customer Marketing, Supply Chain Management, Shopper Marketing, P&L, RetailLink, Retail, Trade Marketing, Sales, CRM, Sales Operations, Cross-functional Team..., Sales Management, Customer Service, Microsoft Excel, SAP, Logistics, Data Analysis, Six Sigma, Inventory Management, Operations Management, Continuous Improvement, Access, Lean Manufacturing, Demand Planning, Project Management, Training, Leadership Development, Project Planning, Time Management, Teamwork, Microsoft Office, Hyperion, Forecasting, Consumer Products, FMCG
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension