I am a professional Unix/Linux system engineer with a proven track record in designing, implementing and managing high demand and volume Australian web infrastructure, in a continuously changing but rigorous environment. With high level programming and system administrative skills, I am dedicated to expanding and growing my experience and knowledge in the areas of enterprise IT infrastructure
I am a professional Unix/Linux system engineer with a proven track record in designing, implementing and managing high demand and volume Australian web infrastructure, in a continuously changing but rigorous environment. With high level programming and system administrative skills, I am dedicated to expanding and growing my experience and knowledge in the areas of enterprise IT infrastructure integration and effective IT solution architecture. My engaging personality and team work skills enable me to work effectively within a team under any circumstances, and my passion for excellence and strong sense of responsibility drive me to pursue excellent outcomes and the best solutions for problems.
Cloud Devops Engineer @ From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Senior Devops Engineer @ ● Design, implement and manage infrastructure Automation, configuration management, deployment automation for continuous integration
● Design, implement and manage infrastructure monitoring and log Management
● Administrate Linux services like Apache, tomcat, mail, LDAP and DNS and Linux security like user management, WAF and SSL
● Administrate Akamai services
● Develop backend applications like web, mobile and API with JAVA, STRUT2 and Spring framework From August 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 1 month) Cloud DevOps Engineer @ From January 2013 to December 2013 (1 year) Senior System Administrator / Unix Operation Team Leader @ ● Manage over 1500 server instances and their applications
● Maximise revenue and end customer satisfaction by ensuring availability, functionality and performance of the UNIX systems meets or exceeds agreed level
● Ensure security standards are maintained to prevent loss of customer confidence and system availability via unauthorised access
● Contribute to maintaining and enhancing effective operations processes to minimise effort and time to deliver
● Engage with ticket requestors etc to action the tickets as one team, to agreed delivery dates, within the News Technology standards and processes
● Ensure high level of job satisfaction of all team members. Ensure the team effectiveness and competence.
● Support and mentor new and/or less experienced team members From July 2011 to August 2013 (2 years 2 months) System Engineer @ Key Experience and Achievements
● Design and implement a REST solution to decouple the Business Support System (BSS) and the Operation Support System (OSS) in a multimillion dollars billing system consolidation project.
● Design and implement monitoring system with Nagios and Cacti
● Design and implement knowledgebase system project with Confluence
● Design and implement AAA system consolidation project with Openldap
● Implement Anti-spam email solution with Sophos AS
● Design and implement server consolidation project with VMware and Netapp FAS3200 From May 2010 to July 2011 (1 year 3 months) Linux System Engineer @ Key Experience and Achievements
● Manage over 600 servers and its applications
● Design and implement monitoring solution with Nagios and Munin
● Design and implement server configuration and patching management with Puppet and Spacewalk
● Design and implement server autobuild solution with Cobbler and Redhat Kickstart
● Design and implement high performance static content web infrastructure with NGNIX.
● Implement high performance web infrastructure for masthead CMS system.
● Implement high performance web infrastructure for Fairfax radio sites.
● Implement Fast Search project.
● Implement server consolidation project with VMware.
● Implement Solaris server migration to VMware.
● Perform Tomcat and Apache server performance tuning
● Perform System and OS upgrade and patching.
● Implement Fairfax Advertising system migration.
● Perform Data center relocation.
● Perform Linux BAU tasks From May 2007 to June 2010 (3 years 2 months) Application Support @ Key Experience and Achievements
● Administrate DoubleClick Enterprise advertisement cluster.
● Develop and maintain Fairfax online subscription system.
● Implement high performance web infrastructure for stayz.com.au.
● Develop Advertising stats reporting system with PERL.
● Develop and maintain Newsletter advertisement syndication system with PERL.
● Develop and maintain oncall roster system with PHP and PERL.
● Develop and maintain Infrastructure operation tools with PHP and PERL
● 24x7 roster support.
● Perform Linux BAU tasks From October 2005 to May 2007 (1 year 8 months) System Technician @ Assemble and trouble shoot industrial class servers. Primary supports for KVM solutions like Raritan, Austin Hughes and Avocent. In charge of ICP global web site developments
* Participated in building Military PC for Australian Navy.
* Participated in building highly customized 1,2, 4 RU enterprise servers based on customers’ specs
* Involved in designing customized KVM solution for big organizations like Telstra with Raritan, Avocent products.
* Re-developed websites for ICP GLOBAL with online shopping functions From November 2004 to November 2005 (1 year 1 month)
Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Computer Science @ University of New South Wales From 2000 to 2003 Jack Tan is skilled in: Apache, Linux, Red Hat Linux, System Administration, Puppet, Tomcat, Unix, VMware, Python, MySQL, Perl, Virtualization, Nagios, Technical Architecture, High Availability
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension