High School Degree, High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates @
The Kiski School
In Dublin a man named Ben handed me a bracelet made of soda can tops and told me he loved traveling Europe with nothing but a truck mounted with solar panels, a 20 liter water tank and a dog to keep him warm. Despite his parents’ wishes he gave up his profession, hacking the typical ‘live to
In Dublin a man named Ben handed me a bracelet made of soda can tops and told me he loved traveling Europe with nothing but a truck mounted with solar panels, a 20 liter water tank and a dog to keep him warm. Despite his parents’ wishes he gave up his profession, hacking the typical ‘live to work’ lifestyle with a philosophy that we must spend the most vibrant years of our life chasing our passion.
From encounters with Ben to experiences negotiating with Kente producers in Ghana, starting tech ventures at Lehigh University and valuing companies on Wall Street have taught me that I must create opportunities instead of waiting for them to be handed to me. So with a little fear, a lot of faith and a passport in my back pocket I moved to London to chase my passion of creating solutions that bridge developed markets and emerging Africa.
Every day I am fortunate to learn from and work with goal-oriented leaders as a strategy consultant, executing on ideas and opportunities that shape the global financial services industry. In addition, with a burning desire to share the culture of Africa and a passion for the connective ability of e-commerce, I co-founded Royalines.com. We are an online bespoke apparel retailer infused with culture that reminds students their communities stretch further than their campuses.
I create, but it is my infatuation for how our creations start from an idea and grow through hard work, execution and chance encounters that leads me to the most enriching mentors, opportunities, partners and friends. With the help of technology, entrepreneurship and my community, my mission is to develop and share Africa’s greatest resources - its people, culture and talent.
Strategy & Customer Consultant @ • Advised a top 5 Global Insurer on a Africa market entry strategy, developed products, helped structure JV and business case
• Advised a top 5 Global Bank on an operating model redesign and cost reduction strategy
• Advised a top 5 Global Insurer on market entry strategy for the United Kingdom
• Advised a top 5 Global Bank on legal entity rationalisation and client booking strategy
• Performed internal acquisition analysis From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) London, EnglandCo-Founder, CEO @ RoyaLines' premier product is the Wearable Diploma Kente Stole embroidered with the licensed crest of your University, School, or Organization. Forever known as an historic and elegant piece of royal cloth, this garment is hand made in Ghana and personalized with a symbol that inspires you to relive the memories you cherish. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) www.royalines.comEquity Research Analyst @ US Metals & Mining
• Perform investment and business analysis on companies in the diversified metals & mining industry (Coal, Steel, PGMs, Copper, Aluminum, Oil & Gas) From July 2012 to July 2014 (2 years 1 month) Greater New York City AreaCo-Founder @ Leader of strategy and product development for a career services platform. Managed a 4 person team. From November 2012 to October 2013 (1 year) Greater New York City AreaInvestment Banking Analyst @ •Developed corporate valuation materials and models for various stages of transactions for Mergers & Acquisitions, Equity, Debt Offerings and Restructuring in the Natural Resources Industry From June 2011 to August 2011 (3 months) Greater New York City AreaCo-Founder, Strategy & Business Development @ •Co-founded an internet currency venture focused on mobile payments and mobile commerce. •Awarded venture and grant funding by the Baker Institute to launch service.
•Worked with technology partner to bring product to market From September 2009 to September 2010 (1 year 1 month) Institutional Equity Analyst @ •Rotated throughout Equity, Fixed Income Sales & Trading - Alpha Team, EMEA Credit, Cash Trading and Forex From June 2010 to August 2010 (3 months) Greater New York City AreaIntern @ From May 2010 to August 2010 (4 months) Global Union Executive Board Member @ •Hosted global dignitaries, and designed events to further promote the Global Union
•Created programs to introduce ideas of social & economic change through awareness and investment and presented them to the Executive Board
•Global Union and Events Featured in the New York Times, CNN World Wide, and BBC, US State Department. From January 2010 to May 2010 (5 months) Allentown, Pennsylvania AreaPrivate Wealth Management Intern @ • Assisted in execution of trades for high net-worth accounts, building client relationships and maintained client files
• Researched potential equity positions to aid in investment strategy and managed client data entry accounting From January 2010 to January 2010 (1 month) Investment Banking Summer Analyst @ Selected as a freshman intern for an Investment Banking Summer Analyst position From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months) Greater New York City Area
BS, Finance, Honors @ Lehigh University - College of Business and Economics From 2008 to 2012 High School Degree, High School/Secondary Diplomas and Certificates @ The Kiski School From 2004 to 2008 Hubert Dagbo is skilled in: Venture Capital, Start-ups, Entrepreneurship, Business Strategy, Economics, Investments, Strategy, Lean Startup, Journalism, Critical Thinking, Africa, Investment Banking, Mergers & Acquisitions, Economic Development, Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension