An organizational leader focused on creating high return to investors/shareholders through delivering value to customers. Global expertise building supply chains and logistics to support domestic and offshore manufacturing operations in food, consumer products, retail and action sports industries. Drives success by bringing intelligence to bear through strategic planning and implementing metrics to overhaul ineffective systems, and turn
An organizational leader focused on creating high return to investors/shareholders through delivering value to customers. Global expertise building supply chains and logistics to support domestic and offshore manufacturing operations in food, consumer products, retail and action sports industries. Drives success by bringing intelligence to bear through strategic planning and implementing metrics to overhaul ineffective systems, and turn around poor-performing operations. Manages human capital by discovering and developing talent and builds high performing teams through establishing clear expectations while encouraging innovation and ongoing learning through recognition of errors as well as best practices. Extensive international experience managing multi-site operations in Asia, Europe and the U.S.
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE : Exploring opportunities as a President, Chief Operating Officer | COO or Chief Financial Officer | CFO for companies with global or domestic operations and supply chain and logistical challenges where he can provide the daily and strategic leadership to grow and sustain high revenue & profit growth.
President @ From April 2013 to Present (2 years 9 months) CEO @ Completed successful turnaround and strategic sale of this $50MM fresh herb farming and distribution company. From May 2011 to April 2013 (2 years) Chief Operating Officer | COO | Chief Financial Officer | CFO @ Tasked with rebuilding supply chain systems to improve product quality, customer service levels, productivity and gain efficiencies and fully integrate five regional manufacturing plants into a national structure while maintaining appropriate sense of autonomy to sustain motivation and innovation. Responsible for re-building finance and operations teams, upgrading and implementing a consolidated ERP system, developing new forecasting and budgeting tools and instituting the application of key performance indicators to support supply chain activities.
• Increased EBITDA by developing a universal decision-making matrix for local managers to quickly identify and escalate appropriate scenarios to corporate decision-makers. Instituted a companion root cause analysis program to extract learning and continuous improvement through objective deconstruction and weighting of errors.
• Created a best practices template in consultation with corporate and regional personnel identifying tasks to be managed across five plants running three shifts each, 24/7: encompassing human resources, procurement, logistics and production.
• Optimized performance through evaluating skill sets of critical positions and matching personnel with required skills by promoting internal candidates and recruiting additional talent. Key requirement was the ability to adopt and develop mastery with the ERP system concurrent with its implementation.
• Led raising capital process to restructure over-leveraged Balance Sheet to provide adequate liquidity to enable company to execute its strategic plan.
• Directed ERP system implementation by determining a viable upgrade path and executing a multi-phased development and implementation plan.
Key Words: Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Chief Operating Officer, COO, CPA, turnaround, M&A, integration, restructuring, performance, optimization, investor relations, change management, food, lean supply chain, forecasting, packaging, distribution, logistics From November 2007 to November 2010 (3 years 1 month) President @ Responsible for product development and resourcing, global supply chain management, contract manufacturing in China and sales and marketing, while leading domestic accounting, customer service and logistics teams.
• Established global supply chain with capacity to drop ship raw materials to contract manufacturing plants in China while maintaining “just in time” inventory controls and production and delivery schedules.
• Setup sales and distribution network with independent representation in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta.
• Developed a product pipeline of new products to continuously refresh the product lines, and up-sell and expand customer base.
• Constructed logistics map to address customers shipping requirements in Asia and the United States and to U.S. distribution centers, each with unique vendor requirements.
Key Words: President, operations, finance, sales, marketing, consumer products, CPG, wholesale, global supply chain, forecasting, packaging, distribution, logistics, product development, resourcing, just in time, inventory, China, lean manufacturing, startup, CPA From August 2002 to August 2007 (5 years 1 month) President @ Under new private equity ownership tasked with developing and implementing a strategic restructuring plan that transformed a domestic manufacturing company into a marketer and distributor of subcontracted products manufactured offshore.
• Reestablished competitive position by outsourcing OEM manufacturing to China and developing global supply chain capability while maintaining consistent relationships with customers and suppliers.
• Designed and executed a restructuring plan, by right-sizing the domestic manufacturing and distribution infrastructure while strengthening design, product development and sales functions.
• Managed investor expectations and equity position through transparency, real-time communication and full disclosure of strategy, risks/benefits and financial data.
Key Words: President, operations, finance, sales, marketing, consumer products, CPG, wholesale, lean supply chain, OEM, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, offshore, just in time, inventory, restructuring, turnaround, CPA, China, US, Europe, Canada, Asia From August 1999 to August 2002 (3 years 1 month) President @ Led post-merger integration and turnaround of the two largest domestic manufacturers of in-line skates and skateboard wheels. Tasked with blending two disparate company cultures into a single cohesive, coordinated and highly profitable organization.
• Built new revenue roadmap through brand consolidation and developing a multi-brand sales strategy by product category and distribution channel and re-merchandising the product lines.
• Increased EBITDA from an operating loss to 15% of sales in one year by executing sales & marketing strategy and shifting manufacturing and supply chain activities to align with retail and OEM customers’ needs.
• Reduced manufacturing costs by shifting production of individual lines to the optimal facilities in China, Italy or the U.S. becoming the global low-cost producer of high performance polyurethane wheels.
• Implemented comprehensive change management process to transition away from closed silo cultures to a collaborative highly motivated team environment by promoting and retaining key internal talent and recruiting an accomplished senior management team.
Key Words: President, operations, brand, merchandising, sales, marketing, consumer products, action sports, wholesale, lean supply chain, OEM, manufacturing, distribution, global, offshore, just in time, inventory, integration, turnaround, CPA, China, US, Europe From June 1998 to July 1999 (1 year 2 months) President @ Responsible for transforming an established family-run business into a contemporary, professionally managed, metrics driven and customer focused organization.
• Increased EBITDA, retail sales and same store sales in by implementing a strategic plan to improve product offerings, retail environments and sales and customer service performance.
• Strengthened Company’s market presence by reconstituting and refreshing product lines, including expanding existing product categories and introducing new products.
• Created a contemporary consumer friendly shopping experience by redesigning the showroom displays and updating the retail environments and retraining the sales staff.
• Implemented a universal metrics-based sales training and sales management system to provide personnel with individual targets and performance feedback based on key performance indicators.
Key Words: President, operations, finance, brand, merchandising, metrics, strategic planning, sales management, marketing, retail, customer service, home furnishings, product lines, turnaround, CPA, P&L, US From March 1996 to June 1998 (2 years 4 months) President @ After a failed leveraged buyout given the responsibility to restructure the company and enable it to successfully emerge from Chapter 11 of the bankruptcy code and return to profitability.
• Negotiated the financial restructuring with key stakeholders (capital partners) including principals at Wells Fargo Bank and trade suppliers to reduce dept load and establish favorable terms to enable reemergence and operational independence.
• Repositioned the retail brand by forming strategic alliances with and introducing select domestic and European lines to complement the Ortho products brand.
• Reduced costs of goods sold and fixed costs by relocating and reducing the size of the manufacturing plant and consolidating distribution.
• Consistently drove increasing market share by reorganizing retail store locations and store design and displays and conducting targeted advertising campaigns.
Key Words: President, operations, finance, brand, merchandising, metrics, strategic planning, alliances, sales management, marketing, retail, customer service, home furnishings, product lines, turnaround, restructuring, manufacturing, CPA, P&L, US From April 1988 to March 1996 (8 years) KEY WORD SEARCH @ Please note: This is a list of key words / buzz words to aid in searches. This is not to be read, except by your search engine. ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
CEO, President, CFO, COO, General Manager, GM, CA, California, Orange County, OC, Asia, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Europe, EU, USA, North America, public, private, high growth, turnarounds, mergers, acquisitions, M&A, domestic, international, planning, execution, integration, implementation, capital expenditures, restructuring, performance optimization, investor relations, corporate development, change management, human capital management, team leadership, employee relations, employee development, risk management, strategic partnerships, food, club stores, mass merchandisers, retail, grocery, wholesale, cost containment, ingredients, branded food products, manufacturing, Consumer Products, consumer packaged goods, CPG, ingredients, product development, FMCG, fast moving consumer goods, home furnishings, furniture, action sports, retail, Financial Planning and Analysis, FP&A, Revenue, Profit, P&L, Profit Loss, Financial Management, financial planning, business planning, strategic business planning, financial reporting, treasury, business analysis, general accounting, internal control, information systems, ADP, payroll, Benchmarking, Certified Public Accountant, CPA, Metrics, Analytics, Operations, manufacturing plants, business units, regions, channels, Marketing, strategy, strategic planning, HR, human resources, Employee Relations, Employee Development, Team Building, Revenue, Profit, Relationship Management, Process Improvement, outsourcing, offshoring, KPI, Key Performance Indicators, ERP Systems Deployment, ERP Implementation, global supply chain, strategic sourcing, purchasing, lean supply chain management, commodities hedging, global sourcing, materials management, demand planning, sales & operations planning, S&OP, price forecasting, inventory, packaging, procurement, distribution, warehousing, logistics From 1985 to 1988 (3 years)
B.S., Accounting @ Long Island University From 1978 to 1980
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension