Technology, business and goal-oriented IT Senior Executive, with demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing cutting edge information technology solutions, to address business opportunities. Develop strategic plans for implementation and operation of client services, products support, quality assurance, and training. Initiate and enforce strict budget controls addressing company needs and promotions of growth. Adapt at crises management,
Technology, business and goal-oriented IT Senior Executive, with demonstrated experience in planning, developing and implementing cutting edge information technology solutions, to address business opportunities. Develop strategic plans for implementation and operation of client services, products support, quality assurance, and training. Initiate and enforce strict budget controls addressing company needs and promotions of growth. Adapt at crises management, trouble-shooting, problem-solving, and negotiating. Strong record of success in creating robust IT architectures and infrastructures. Ability to bring benefits of IT to solve business issues. Building high performance teams, project management, and implementing best practice methodologies and continuous improvement programs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Vendor management.
- Strategic business planning.
- Security and disaster planning.
- Infrastructure design and implementation.
- Business Process Management & ITIL V3.
- Contract and budget development and management.
IT Manager @ Responsible for maintaining technology strategies by defining, delivering and supporting strategic plans; Following global initiatives by the company IT department, and perform all required exercises; Verifying results by conducting system audits; Designing and implementing IT disaster recovery plans then integrating with business continuity plan, back-up procedures and security controls of the company; Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures of the company; Implementing full SAP Business One ERP modules integrated with cutting-edge Sales Force Automation solution (SFA).
Accomplishing financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, participating in professional societies and attending the annual IT conference of the region.
Managing IT staff by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees. From May 2013 to Present (2 years 7 months) IT Manager @ Oversee all IT functions for projects, managing & leading technical teams, vendors and clients relationship (Tendering, RFQ, RFP, EOI, RFI, RFT, As-Is Analyses, Case Study, Business Case, Technical Instructions, Technical Procedures, Assessments Reports, Manage Escalations, etc.), financial control, budget preparation for projects, annual work plan preparation and monitoring, attending or leading committees, reports & presentations and disaster recovery planning.
Datacenter & Infrastructure design:
- Design and build Tier 1, 2 and 3 datacenters; Design AD DS physical topology and DC placement strategy; Manage all procurements for IT & telecommunication hardware equipment (servers, switches, SAN & NAS, private automatic branch exchange - PBAX, etc.), software licensing, cabinets, leased line connectivity, Internet (ADSL, LLE, WiMAX, Fiber, etc.), electrical components, UPS, telecommunication systems, cooling systems, fire alarm systems, fire suppressing gas extinguishing systems, CCTV systems and temperature sensors systems; Apply fault-tolerance N+1 for systems when possible.
Systems Design, Implementation & Configuration:
- Design, implement, configure and manage: 1Windows servers installations (AD DS, DNS, DHCP, FS, ,IPAM, GPO Strategy); 2Database servers (SQL, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, Teradata); 3Webhosting solutions (IIS, Apache tomcat); 4System Center (SCOM, SCCM); 5Automatic deployment servers (ADS, SUS, WSUS, SMS); 6Internet gateway (ISA, TMG); 7Mail solutions (MS Exchange, IBM Domino); 8Document library solution (SharePoint); 9Virtualization (MS Hyper-V, VMware vSphere 5 & ESXi 5).
- Plan and implement storage, file services, data backup, disaster recovery (ARCserv, Symantec backup Exec, Acronis, Hirens, ARD), network access services and network protection;
- Follow Agile (SCRUM), and apply PMBOK guidelines to develop applications; using MS Visual Studio 2010, and Team Foundation server 2010; Enforce 3-Tier and N-Tier architecture. From April 2010 to May 2013 (3 years 2 months) IT Manager @ Responsible for managing expansion of the IT infrastructure; Building new Tier-2 datacenter at headquarter and Tier-1 datacenters at branches; Manage cabling for IT, telecom and electric infrastructure; installation of CCTV surveillance, infrared security and hybrid telephone exchange; Managing hardware and software; Design, implement, configure, test and manage servers, switches, routers, VPN tunnels; Manage IT local inventory, procurement and local vendors relationship with the IT department (RFQ, RFP, RFI).
- Alleviated and soothed IT infrastructure; optimum availability for servers, systems, network and storage area network (SAN) (KPI for 2010 =99.75%); Backup system for all type of files and system states on all servers.
- Detailed documentation for the IT department (new IT procedures, third-party helpdesk tickets, defined data and network security strategies, policies, password protection instructions, network traffic monitoring, recommended necessary upgrades, inventory of all equipment, accessories and licenses, etc.).
- Connect all branches using VPN tunnels; Manage contracts with telecom companies, create backup internet lines for redundancy.
- Ensure availability of “industry specific services” such as tickets reservation systems (Galileo, Amadeus, etc.), taking into consideration sizing for hardware, network, bandwidth and security for each system.
- Negotiate old support, maintenance and outsourcing agreements signed by the company for the telephone systems, photocopy machines, time attendance system, surveillance system and printers saving the company more than 30% of the value for the contracts; Manage vendor relationship with the company for ERP and Accounting software.
- Plan, implement, test, document, maintain and develop in-house applications that are used by the staff; Administer all databases used by the company, website and hosting; Build IT capacity internally by providing training to the staff. From November 2008 to April 2010 (1 year 6 months) Network Engineer @ Working on STC held orders From September 2008 to November 2008 (3 months) IT Manager @ Responsible for the project IT infrastructure, support the project staff, vendors relationship management both in Jordan and USA; Design, implement, configure and manage Infrastructure for the segments of the project, installations of labs for schools, installations and upgrading of MoE datacenter during the project life cycle; Provide technical support for the project; Application development for the ministry of education (MoE); Financial control and budget preparation.
- Troubleshoot and maintain internet connectivity, email delivery, network bandwidth usage monitor, recommend upgrades as needed, defined data and network security strategies and policies, password protection as needed, manage local inventory for IT equipment, accessories and licenses, regularly update ESP website.
- Receive shipments of IT devices from the US and update local inventory, physically have the shipments moved to ESP store for further processing; Building IT capacity internally by providing training to the staff.
- Work with MoE, Jordan Telecom (JT) and Microsoft to create and deploy servers to the project using SMS/AD in order to connect all project-targeted schools using one intranet; Manage, distribute and install donations of IT equipment; Assist in the development of MIS school capacity (hardware, software, applications); Install and configure any IT devices bought by AED/ESP for external sites.
- Manage procurement and vendors relationship with the IT department (RFQ, RFP, RFI, PO, Memos of justification, Technical-Financial Evaluation); Sign contracts and annual maintenance agreements. From September 2006 to August 2008 (2 years) Systems Administrator @ Responsible of design, implement, configure and manage Infrastructure for the new EtQ office building, network terminations, electrical points, secondary distribution facilities (SDF), and main distribution facility (MDF); Design, implement and manage a zero down-time plan for all systems during the relocation.
- Administer and troubleshoot databases (testing, production), Vonage systems VoIP telecommunication, internet connection, backup internet connection availability and remote desktop connections to the clients. From February 2006 to September 2006 (8 months) Head of IT and Product Development Department @ Establish the IT department by setting technical instructions, technical procedures and IT policies (the company outsourced all its IT entirely). Responsible for all IT functions and vendors relationship; Design, implement, configure and manage IT infrastructure; Disaster recovery planning; Financial control, budget preparation and vendors relationship management; Build IT capacity, design posters, calendars, personal cards, etc.
- Establish and build the IT department.
- Plan, implement, test, document and maintain application development (internal and external); Troubleshoot and maintain internet connectivity, email delivery, monitor network bandwidth usage and recommend upgrades; Define data and network security strategies, policies and password protection.
- Ensure availability of “industry specific services” such as tickets reservation systems (Galileo, Amadeus, etc.); Distribute systems access to staff according to the management plan.
- Manage procurement and vendors relationship with the IT department (RFQ, RFP, PO); Sign contracts and annual support agreements; Prepare budget for the IT department. From April 2005 to February 2006 (11 months) Interactive Multimedia Programmer @ Develop interactive multimedia applications for televised quiz show (Almaseyah, The road to Mecca, etc.) using Macromedia Lingo; Design interfaces using Photoshop, illustrator and 3DMAX. From June 2003 to April 2005 (1 year 11 months)
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science and Information Systems, 78% @ Jami'at Philadelphia Al-Khassa From 1999 to 2003 Hisham Siam is skilled in: Active Directory, VPN, System Administration, DNS, IT Management, Windows Server, DHCP, IIS, PMP, Microsoft Office, Oracle, CCNA, VMware ESX, MySQL, MCSE
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension