GCE Applied ICT double award (A level), Information Technology @
Gateway 6th Form College
I am a versatile, motivated, highly technical and hard-working IT graduate, possessing strong motivational drive to succeed in the industry. I have studied “Object-Oriented Programming” module in my second year at university and have gained a good understanding of C#/ASP.NET creating various applications also learning various web services. I am capable of quickly identifying roots of problems
I am a versatile, motivated, highly technical and hard-working IT graduate, possessing strong motivational drive to succeed in the industry. I have studied “Object-Oriented Programming” module in my second year at university and have gained a good understanding of C#/ASP.NET creating various applications also learning various web services. I am capable of quickly identifying roots of problems and the capability to develop an effective solution, with excellent negotiation and problem solving skills. Proven ability to deal with customers with excellent communications skills and to manage and complete tasks or projects to the highest standard, with a meticulous attention to details and within agreed deadlines. During my degree course I successfully combined my studies with work and other commitments. In achieving this I have shown myself to be self-motivated by continuing my studies learning and focusing more on other programming languages such as Java,C and Python.
I like to keep all my coding ‘DRY’ hence all my work can be easy to maintainable and flexible. I also like to work in an agile environment and have very good understandings of various methodologies from a range of agile and heavyweight spectrum such as Scrum, XP, DSDM and OpenUP to methodologies such as SSADM and RUP etc.
In my spare time I like to listen to music and keeping up to date with the latest in the entertainment industry. I also like to keep up to date with new IT technology and programming languages to greater my knowledge. I particularly like to socialise with friends and family. I also enjoy sports such as rugby, cricket, tennis and many more.
Analyst Developer @ From November 2015 to Present (2 months) Nottingham, United KingdomSoftware Application Developer @ GSA Ltd is a electronic Document Management solutions and Data Capture solution's company. I currently develop/implement the company business solutions in an agile environment from Win 32 versions to .NET. Also I provide customer support of GSA clients to troubleshoot and debug any issues within various solutions. My roles & responsibilities involved:
• Implementing and deploying completed application onto a testing environments
• Creating technical requirements and test plans
• Conducting testing once a application has been built
• Help upgrading previous applications and correcting previous errors
• Help team members to debug and troubleshoot pieces of code within the application
• Develop applications based on customer requirements under tight deadlines
• Involving going to customer sites to deploy solutions onto the network infrastructure
• Remote desktop to customers to solve their problems with the solution
• Conducting analysis and feasibility studies to help create project proposal’s
• Creating and working with existing MySQL databases/schema’s in SQL server 2008/Oracle SQL Developer
• Client and Server side scripting using IronPython and VBScripts. From December 2013 to November 2015 (2 years) Service Desk Analyst @ At BT Telecom I was working in 1st line/2nd line IT support desk to help customers solve their IT related problems. I work closely with the BT helpdesk system to provide the best IT service and promote new BT products and packages of the support desk. My roles & responsibilities involved:
• Listening to customers problems and diagnose/troubleshoot the customer devices or machines with agreed SLA’s.
• Provide desktop support on Windows & Macs
• Take remote control of customer’s machine and help troubleshoot their quires such as setting up devices, virus removal, home networking, data backup etc.
• Taking calls from the 2nd line support queue that been created by 1st line and then try to resolve the customer issues.
• Troubleshooting PSTN and Broadband issues for the customer.
• Coaching other team members of the team to improve their technical and problem solving skills.
• Creating short and simple study guides for other team members to use to solve a customer problem quicker and efficient.
• Using the LEAN process (Six Sigma) for continuous improvement to try improve customer service.
• Participating in team activities such as creating a performance board that view stats of the team and bringing new ideas such as coaching plans and team huddles. From October 2012 to December 2013 (1 year 3 months) Leicester, United KingdomICT Technician @ Longslade College was part of Stonehill High School. My goal was to provide the best support to staff and students. Also helping the project manager on rebuilding ICT rooms and upgrading servers/hardware. My roles & responsibilities involved:
• Interacting and updating MS Exchange server and use of MS Outlook.
• Installing new switches around the college.
• Collaborating with outsourcers to help configure new servers and switches on the college site.
• Adding and amending calls on the college helpdesk system.
• Took part on a major IT project with very tight deadlines.
• Help imaging new laptops that where on Window 7 platform.
• Implementing User, Groups and Computer Accounts on Active Directory.
• Installing new power supply packs and installing new server cabinets.
• Imaging laptops, computers and testing them onto a dead computer to see if the image is working or not.
• Moving IT equipment around the college campus.
• Reporting constantly to the ICT Manager of problems and updates.
• Installing and configuring HP/ Kyocera Printers onto network. From June 2011 to September 2011 (4 months) Leicester, United KingdomICT Technician @ Stonehill High School is an institute to provide the best education for students. The school required a Placement IT student with good communication skills and good technical knowledge in IT. My roles & responsibilities involved:
• Troubleshooting hardware and software problems from staff members such as printers.
• Maintaining and monitoring the schools network infrastructure.
• Involved working via Remote Desktop Connection if staff member’s computers that are having problems or computers that are not reachable.
• Help imaging computer and laptops that can be rolled out onto the network.
• Cabling CAT5e, install and patching new HP switchboards around the school areas.
• Took part of two major projects at the high school that were part of the school development plans.
• Logging and editing calls from staff members on the helpdesk system.
• Implementing User, Groups and Computer Accounts on AD onto the main schools server.
• Ghosting computer systems and backing up system regular.
• Help update server OS from Win 2003 to Win 2008 r2.
• Taking telephone calls from staff members to resolve IT problems and deal with any requests.
• Creating and testing MSI software’s and rolling them out onto the network.
• Installing and updating Sophos anti-virus to the schools network.
• Setting up new wireless routers across the school’s environment.
• Backing up servers using tapes and Backup Exec From June 2010 to June 2011 (1 year 1 month) Leicester, United Kingdom
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension