Director of Sales and Business Development @ Battery-Biz Inc.
Director of Sales and Business Development @ CHIL
Director of Sales Business Development @ nuCourse Distribution
Senior Director of Sales experienced in New Business Development and selling CE accessories to a multitude of retail channels including National Retail Accounts comprising “CE Big-Box”, Mass, Clubs, OSS, Specialty, Sporting and key retailers in the mobility space. Organized sales strategies, promotional programs, planogram management, and everyday business plans to exceed sales and profitability goals. Managed accounts
Senior Director of Sales experienced in New Business Development and selling CE accessories to a multitude of retail channels including National Retail Accounts comprising “CE Big-Box”, Mass, Clubs, OSS, Specialty, Sporting and key retailers in the mobility space. Organized sales strategies, promotional programs, planogram management, and everyday business plans to exceed sales and profitability goals. Managed accounts both directly and in conjunction with manufacturer representatives. Reputation is that of positive, creative, goal driven team member.
Director of Sales and Business Development @ Develop Strategic Market Plans
Manage new product launches in retail, distribution and on-line
Multi-Level new business development
Managing executive level relationships
Product lifestyle management From October 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Director of Sales Business Development @ Responsible for creating new, enhancing current and restoring former relationships.
Key duties include developing marketing strategies, sales plans, forecasts and new product launches within the sales channels
• Directly responsible for the OSS Channel, both drop-ship and retail business. Grew channel to include 7 brands and 62 skus at retail and over 2000 skus on line resulting in $3.5MM in gross sales.
• Coached Mid-Box Sales Team: Customers include Toys-R-US, Game-Stop, HEB, Hastings, Meijer, Nebraska Furniture Mart, Trans World, Micro Center, B&H Photo, and Adorama. Increased sku count for the fall 2014 planograms 38%, gross sales projected for $5MM
• Negotiated advertising, “back end programs” and “exit-strategies” directly with the vendors to manage expectations for both the buyers and vendors during the planogram period”.
• Implemented a national Manufacturer’s Service Group program.
• Prospected Walmart, Sam’s Club, BJ’s Wholesale Club, RadioShack, Comp-U-Com and the Sporting Goods Channel to include Dick’s Sporting Goods and Cabela’s From November 2013 to Present (2 years 2 months) Director of Sales @ Engineered two Brands from the ground up
• Developed the sales strategy for the North American market for both G-Form and their sister company MiButton, with primary focus on “Big-Box” and Mass. Managed sales through own efforts and/or teams efforts grooming and growing the company’s sales channels in both the US and Canada.
Functions consisted of developing marketing strategies, sales plans, forecasts and new product launches within the sales channels
• Managed an internal and outsourced sales team responsible for first full year revenue of $4MM, including: 20 independent manufacturer’s representatives, five domestic distributors, and four international distributors
• Prospected, qualified, negotiated, and closed accounts from a variety of channels, including: Verizon Corporate, Best Buy, Staples US & Canada, OfficeMax, Toys-R-US, Target, RadioShack, Hastings, Meijer, Fred Meyer, Pep Boys, Cabela’s , Canadian Tire, London Drugs and Best Buy Canada.
• Developed go-to-market product strategy for a line of electronic cases, including: price positioning, updated packaging design and messaging, sales collateral, point-of-purchase displays, and presale product placement
• Initiated and developed “sports” channel relationships making G-Form gear sold at team sports retailers and university team sales departments i.e USC.
• Developed channel marketing strategy for accounts, including: market development fund usage, promotional strategies, in-store sales team training programs, and product end-of-life markdown and exit strategies From June 2011 to December 2013 (2 years 7 months) National Sales Manager @ G-Form acquired Forward Industries Electronics Division From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) US Retail Sales Director @ Accounts included Walmart, both retail and .com, Sam’s Club, Sam’s Puerto Rico, BJ’s Wholesale Club, Best Buy, Marmaxx, Target, both retail and .com and Apple.
Consistently managed accounts for Targus by identifying category opportunities, working to maintain ASP’s, managing sell-through, presenting new products and developing programs.
• Consistently responsible for greater than $60M in sales regardless of account responsibility during tenure.
• Assigned accounts that require “special attention”
• Business Development responsibilities
• Placed Targus in the “clubs”
• Transitioned Targus from Media Storage supplier to Computer Accessories at Walmart
• Opened iPad accessory business at Walmart
• Place Targus’ higher end collection in the Target “luggage” department
• Expertise in Managing
• FCA/DI programs
• Private Label From April 2003 to 2011 (8 years) National Key Accounts Sales Manager @ Managed Circuit City, Apple and BrandsMart
Expanded customer base by “opening” new national retail accounts including Target, Bose, PC Connection, Staples, Gateway and Dell.
Responsibilities included the management of yearly sales totaled over $40MM. From January 2001 to March 2003 (2 years 3 months) Sales Manager @ Account Manager
Managed $10M business in a 6 state region in partnership with the vendors direct sales representatives. Prospected new accounts and managed daily business. Personal responsibility included Ames, BJ’s Wholesale Clubs, Bradlees, Caldor, Hills, PC Connection, Microwarehouse, Staples, and the TJX group.
• Created customized account promotions to supplement national programs.
• Vendor of the Year for Staples in 1998, representing Mustek Scanners. From September 1995 to December 2001 (6 years 4 months) Manufacturers representative @ From 1995 to 2001 (6 years)