Cloud Specialist Senior Solutions Architect @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Associate Director, DevOps @ From December 2014 to June 2015 (7 months) Greater New York City AreaCloud Architect / Consultant @ From September 2012 to June 2015 (2 years 10 months) Director of TechOps @ From March 2014 to December 2014 (10 months) Greater
Cloud Specialist Senior Solutions Architect @ From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Associate Director, DevOps @ From December 2014 to June 2015 (7 months) Greater New York City AreaCloud Architect / Consultant @ From September 2012 to June 2015 (2 years 10 months) Director of TechOps @ From March 2014 to December 2014 (10 months) Greater New York City AreaManager, DevOps and IT @ From August 2013 to March 2014 (8 months) Director of Systems @ From March 2012 to September 2012 (7 months) Cloud Solutions Architect @ · Solicit customers’ systems requirements necessary to support deploying and maintaining solutions, including pre-sales, discovery, architecture/design, integration, operations and support.
· Propose robust and resilient solutions to deliver highly available applications across multiple cloud providers, cloud tools, and client’s existing infrastructure.
· Translate customer requirements into clearly defined tasks that can be executed by customer and/or RightScale PS implementation teams
· Create estimates for the hours of effort required to deliver projects for customers as an input into Sales pricing
· Participate in hands-on technical prototyping for customer engagements
· Identify network and communication configurations to meet client architecture requirements.
· Recommend security controls and countermeasures to assure deployment integrity and confidentiality
· Act as an ongoing interface to coach project teams on deep technical requirements, implementation approaches and problem solving.
· Interfacing with Product Support and Engineering to facilitate the translation of field research into technical enhancement requests.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of written and verbal communication.
· Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded. From September 2011 to March 2012 (7 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaIntegration Engineer @ Build and Deliver cloud solutions on the RightScale Cloud Management Platform for premium RightScale customers. From 2011 to September 2011 (less than a year) Greater Los Angeles AreaSystems Engineer III @ • Subject Matter Expert for Microsoft Windows on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
• Built and Maintained Windows Amazon Machine Images (AMI) images.
• Participated in incident management/problem resolution processes, owning and actively managing a ticket queue and some after hours “on call” duties.
• Interfaced with other AWS teams in debugging and resolving systemic issues.
• Debugged and reported issues within various components of the EC2 Services stack, including Xen, Linux operating systems, Open Source and proprietary software.
• Maintenance and Development of EC2Config Windows Service, a .NET Windows service that maintains configuration of all customer instances within the EC2 environment.
• Consulted other AWS teams and customers implementing Windows platforms and services.
• Released Windows 2008 R2 on EC2, increasing EC2 adoption and usability.
• Added automation to AMI build processes, reducing operational overhead.
• Consulted Amazon corporate technology teams on AWS and EC2 Best Practices. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Greater Seattle AreaLead Systems Engineer/Architect @ • Responsible for day to day technology operations, reporting to the CIO of the Studio.
• Designed and managed the build of new Infrastructure and systems for the new studio, including campus network and studio technology services (Exchange, Active Directory, File/Print, Monitoring, etc.).
• Participated in the build and service deployment of remote offices and facilities.
• Designed and built systems to move and store production film assets during film production. Architecture included Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3), Aspera transport software, and servers transported and operated in transport vehicles in various locations.
• Mentored junior technology team members and led various small client focused projects such as desktop and client software deployment.
• Special VIP support/projects as requested. From 2009 to 2010 (1 year) Systems Engineer @ • Daily operations support of Ticket Sales Systems(Ticketing) and Corporate Systems Environments
• Completed Exchange 2007 architecture design and planned migration from legacy messaging environment(s). Delivered Architecture documents and high level milestones.
• Ticketing application administration - release deployment, etc.
• Created tools to automate (Perl, Java, C#) software deployment/systems monitoring for Tomcat, Borland Enterprise, Windows .NET application servers
• Drove the Single Sign On initiative (Kerberos implementation - Microsoft Active Directory, SUSE and RHEL), including writing tools to automate/simplify client configuration in a mixed platform environment, Linux/Windows. From 2008 to 2009 (1 year) Systems Engineer II @ • Assisted with Exchange 2003 to 2007 transition, including writing scripts/programs to migrate users, public folders, and modify directory data as necessary. (Powershell, C#, Perl)
• Completed MSSQL Consolidation project, reducing licensing costs and overall operational burden across the Corporate Applications groups.
• Focal point for Remote and Mobile Services, including Blackberry Services, Windows Mobile, VPN, Remote Terminal Services, and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Day to day operations support of Active Directory, Fedora Directory Service, MOM, SMS, Email Services, Exchange, and other various in-house and third-party applications
• Bi-Monthly 24/7 oncall, Incident management
• Created a Web Service (ASP.NET/C#) to give "kerberized" non-windows clients the ability to obtain certificates from internal Microsoft Certificate Authorities.
• Mentor junior staff, coaching a development.
• Assisted with Kerberos SSO deployment. Kerberos-enabled various Corporate Applications services. From 2007 to 2008 (1 year) Systems Engineer II @ Strategized Exchange 2003 to 2007 transition, including writing scripts/programs to migrate users, public folders, and modify directory data as necessary. (Powershell, C#, Perl)
Performed complex MSSQL Consolidation project, reducing licensing costs and overall operational burden across the Corporate Applications groups.
Planned and supervised company -wide Remote and Mobile Services, including Blackberry Services, Windows Mobile, VPN, Remote Terminal Services, and Microsoft SQL Server.
Day to day operations support of Active Directory, Fedora Directory Service, MOM, SMS, Email Services, Exchange, and other various in-house and third-party applications
Created a Web Service (ASP.NET/C#) to give "kerberized" non-windows clients the ability to obtain certificates from internal Microsoft Certificate Authorities.
Mentor junior staff, coaching a development. Assisted with Kerberos SSO deployment. Kerberos-enabled various Corporate Applications services From February 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 7 months) Manager, CCS / Messaging @ Managed daily messaging operations supporting 4000+ clients globally.
Successfully directed multiple capital projects in concert with daily operations, including resourcing and budgeting
Provided customer service directly to senior executives and other VIPs
Spearheaded process efficiency in International Notes to Microsoft Exchange migration activities by 50-60%
Stabilized messaging environment - Met 99.99% SLA for messaging services.
Mentored staff and successfully resolved technical issues. Oversaw New Technology research and acquisitions. From January 2006 to August 2007 (1 year 8 months) Sr. Systems Administrator @ Member of Core Team responsible for the design, implementation, and administration of DreamWorks' IT infrastructure.
Sarbanes-Oxley auditing and reporting. Assisted in developing IT SOX controls.
Provided daily support of Active Directory, Exchange, Sendmail, iPlanet Directory Server, Netapp storage, TSM Enterprise backups, and J2EE business applications.
Project Manager / Systems Administrator for the implementation of Adobe Policy Server. Developed additional J2EE plug-ins (Java) for Acted as Researcher/Systems Engineer for DreamWorks' Digital Dailies project, implementing video collection and streaming services to provide daily film footage to Creative and Business executives.
Spearheaded automation processes of administration tasks by writing various scripts and utilities. Documented systems and IT business processes.
Implemented workstation and server software inventory systems (Custom VBscript, and CSH scripts + LAMP) From January 2004 to February 2006 (2 years 2 months) Production Support Engineer @ • Support Artists with pipeline tools and Linux (Red Hat 7.2 and RHEL3 U1-4) workstations.
• System builds, software and tool deployment (Maya, Renderman, and other proprietary tools)
• Troubleshooting and escalation of software issues – (Broken custom Maya plug-ins, broken scripts, etc)
• Created custom deployment scripts (Perl) to deploy various third party and proprietary software to Linux workstations, Netapp file trees, and render farm nodes.
• Managed FlexLM licensing services for Renderman software.
• Integrated Windows hosts into configuration management system designed for Linux hosts. From 2003 to 2005 (2 years)
Greg Jones is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Linux, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Servers, High Availability, Amazon EC2, System Administration, Windows Server, Virtualization, Active Directory, Scalability, Server Architecture, Web Services, Windows, Security
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension