ISEB Diploma, Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Agile System Development, Pass @
BCS British Computer Society / ISEB
Finance Operations Business Change @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) London, United KingdomFreelance Consultant - Global Finance Operations Manager @ From October 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomContractor @ From August 2013 to September 2013 (2 months) Business Development Manager @ To source and secure new business opportunities while developing
Finance Operations Business Change @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) London, United KingdomFreelance Consultant - Global Finance Operations Manager @ From October 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomContractor @ From August 2013 to September 2013 (2 months) Business Development Manager @ To source and secure new business opportunities while developing a network or SME (£20K - £1.5m) clients through cold calling and face to face meetings. From January 2013 to April 2013 (4 months) London, United KingdomClient Billing Manager @ • Directly approached by Aviva Investors as the Head of Operational Finance needed a candidate who could both push the billing team forward and assume control of failing implementation projects to upgrade Fee system and implement complex intercompany fee mandate.
• Leadership of the EMEA Billing team of 6 Revenue Analysts (3 onshore 3 off) including performance reviews, objective setting and associated management duties for query handling, reporting, targets, debt management, VAT, AML & KYC compliance, KPI’s, client on boarding, internal and external audit, forecasting, balance sheet ownership, reconciliations and treasury.
• Project Manager of the accounts receivable offshoring project, developing and maintaining project plans and dealing with issues for both internal and external stakeholders.
• Acted as a Business Analyst to gather and create all requirements documentation, process maps, dealt with all cross boarder compliance and system issues, composed training materials and oversaw the training of the offshore team.
• During this process continued to lead the UK billing team and exceeded all the billing and cash collection targets.
• Composed training materials and oversaw the training of the offshore team.
• SME and signatory for all Fee aspects of Investment Management Agreements during client on boarding.
• Managed the integration of highly complex intragroup billing mandate into TM1, saving the company around £60K.
• Production of the above Aviva Investors intragroup billing including ownership of the balance sheet, performance fee review and rebates. From July 2011 to September 2012 (1 year 3 months) Finance analyst @ Achievements
- Re-engineered the billing process reducing workload by 30% highlighted areas of risk consequently recommending (and documenting) various improvements to both business processes and advanced utilization of systems that were subsequently rolled out by both myself and the development teams.
- Monthly production of accruals, 200+ multi currency fees, credit control and providing exec with monthly revenue management information.
- Download and reconcile sub custodian data.
- Reconciliation or multi-currency accounts including GBP, EUR, JPY USD,AUD,NZD, .
- Resolving revenue queries from clients.
- Month on Month Net Asset Value variation reconciliations.
-Monthly Unit Price recs. From April 2006 to July 2011 (5 years 4 months) Engagement Analyst @ - In this business partnering role I was acknowledged among the best performing due to consistently hitting Billing production (250+ per month) and Cash collection targets.
- Consistently keeping WIP to a minimum by meeting Fee Earners and Partners monthly to analyse, plan billing, minimise write offs, ensure any inter company/interdepartmental recharges were promptly processed and ensuring billing accounts were implemented/closed in line with client agreements and company and regulatory policy.
- Due to consistently exceeding targets I established excellent working and influential relationships with internal stakeholders especially at Senior Partner level. From May 2003 to April 2005 (2 years) Sales Ledger Controller @ - Initially employed as a contractor to cover maternity but senior management created a permanent position for me to drive procedural change within the finance team.
- Overhauled the manual Billing process by advancing the system infrastructure to feed information from production floor to the fees system to enable 95% of fees to be billed within 24 hours from completion of the job which beforehand took up to a week. (Still remains in use today)
- Key stakeholder for implementation of Pegasus Opera Sales and Purchase Ledger plus Crystal reporting systems including design of bill template and management reports.
- Production of between 30 and 70 invoices per day.
- Vastly reduced debtor days (from over 90 to mid 30’s in 3 months) by changing approach to Credit Control and building influential relationships with clients which included client facing. From April 2001 to April 2003 (2 years 1 month) Retail Finance Analyst @ During my 3 years I gained 3 Promotions from Jnr Finance Clerk to Retail Finance Analyst for consistent high performance and innovation across BAU and projects. From June 1997 to August 2000 (3 years 3 months)
Investment Management Certificate, Investments and Securities, Pass @ CFA From 2012 to 2012 ISEB Diploma, Business Analysis, Requirements Gathering, Agile System Development, Pass @ BCS British Computer Society / ISEB From 2010 to 2010 Brentwood County high School From 1992 to 1997 Graham Brien is skilled in: Management, Business Analysis, Finance, Financial Services, New Business Development, Change Management, Sales, Requirements Analysis, Asset Management, Stakeholder Management, Requirements Gathering, ISEB, Business Development, Vendor Managment, People Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension