President & Principal Management Consultant | Master Black Belt Lean Six Sigma @ Werner Associates USA LLC
BS, Analytical Management @
United States Naval Academy
A former Navy fighter pilot, test pilot and Top Gun during the Cold War era. Now one of the top Management Consultants in the Tri-State area, serving Pharma, Wall Street, Higher Education, and Government. A former client from GE Capital: “I have never met anyone who can pull together teams to solve complex problems as fast as
A former Navy fighter pilot, test pilot and Top Gun during the Cold War era. Now one of the top Management Consultants in the Tri-State area, serving Pharma, Wall Street, Higher Education, and Government. A former client from GE Capital: “I have never met anyone who can pull together teams to solve complex problems as fast as you can.”
An award-winning executive with decades of leadership and management experience in sales, marketing, operations, information technology and human resources. Founded five small businesses. Served as department head to 500 people. Relates well with people at all levels from the shop floor to the C-suite.
• Certified Six Sigma Master Black Belt
• Master Problem Solver
• Leader; Business Units & Projects
• Expert in Business Process Improvement
• Strategic Planner
I am currently leading Continuous Improvement programs at a large pharmaceutical company. In total, I completed coaching 25 process work streams at S&P (Marketing, Business Development, Operations, IT & Technology) and have 20 at other clients (Client interactions, Compliance, Sales Reporting and Reconciliation). I recently led 3 major global project teams for Pfizer: IT Help Desk, Vendor Payment System and Engagements with Healthcare Professionals. My teams achieved dramatic operational improvement in customer satisfaction, compliance, and productivity. Saved hundreds of millions.
Specialties: Management Consulting | DMAIC | Higher Education Management | Change Leadership | Transactional | Business Management | Lean Six Sigma | Project Selection| Business Transformation | Process Improvement projects| Aviation | Six Sigma| Continuous Improvement | Process Improvement initiatives| Operational Excellence | Project Management | Scorecard | Coaching | Leadership Development | Process Re-engineering | Project Identification| Kaizen | Team Leadership | Business Development |
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt @ Financial Services: Neuberger Berman. Under contract through May 2015, I created the company's first Continuous Improvement program, using a modified LEAN Six Sigma approach, training and coaching more than a dozen Green Belt candidates. I coached the leader of new product development, Emerging Markets Debt. I lead global projects, Reconciliation and Sales Data Reporting. Neuberger Berman is a mid-sized investment management firm, located in Manhattan, with $200+ Billion in Assets Under Management.
Pharmaceuticals: DSI - Under contract through SEP 2015. (1) Leader and Principal Consultant on a Healthcare Professional Engagement Continuous Improvement program involving nine (9) work streams with interactions with healthcare professionals. (Systems, Compliance, Training, Planning, Execution and Payments) (2) Lead consultant, trainer and coaching 9 Green Belt candidates to improve the data management process for information generated by Clinical Trials. We are using Lean Six Sigma to train Green Belts. The company is Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
Pharmaceuticals: Pfizer, Inc. Leading project to improve VAT reclaim in the Meetings space. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Manhattan & New JerseyPrincipal @ Principal Managment Consultant From December 1989 to Present (25 years 11 months) President & Principal Management Consultant | Master Black Belt Lean Six Sigma @ RESULTS
1) Leader of hundreds of successful performance improvement projects in a variety of industries
2) Developed proprietary approaches to strategic planning, teambuilding, process improvement, process design/redesign, and process management
3) Conducted strategic planning sessions for many executive teams
4) Developed process improvement plans for 100+ work streams across major business units realizing savings and quality performance improvements
5) Led and facilitated multi-discipline teams in teambuilding, project scoping, Design, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control (DMAIC) From 1989 to Present (26 years) New York, New YorkGlobal Project Leader | Process Improvement Lead | Master Black Belt | Internal Managment Consultant @ Lead Consultant for Business Process Improvement/Enabling Functions, Pfizer World Pharmaceutical Operations, New York. Global Project Leader:
1) IT Help Desk [120,000 customers, 1.5 million transactions per year]
a) Led 100 colleagues/contractors in 14 work streams though DMAIC (Six Sigma Improvement Process: Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve & Control)
b) Customer Satisfaction increased from 83% to 94% (highest in industry)
c) Lost Productivity down by ~$18 million
2) Engagements with Healthcare Professionals (Partners in drug development: Consultants, Advisory Boards, Congresses) [3,600 per year]
a) Led 60 colleagues in 4 work streams through DMAIC
b) On Time Payments improved from 45% to 99%
c) Compliance Exceptions reduced by 95%
d) Customer Satisfaction, among doctors, rose from 74% to 95%
3) Vendor Payment Process (Procure-to-Pay) [$5BIL, 60,000 transactions per year]
a) Led 45 colleagues and contractors in 6 work streams through DMAIC
b) On Time Payments improved from 35% to 85%
c) Lost Productivity reduced by ~$1.3 million
4) Certifying Coach for Black Belt and Green Belt Candidates (30 projects)
Product Life Cycle Analysis, R&D, Strategic Planning, Clinical Trials, Marketing, Compliance, Operations, Business Excellence and Procurement From August 2008 to March 2012 (3 years 8 months) Manhattan, New YorkManaging Member | Lean Six Sigma @ RESULTS
1) Created a company that invests in residential properties; buying, wholesaling, fixing, holding and selling.
2) Turned 33 transactions in 33 months
3) Increased Market Value by $3.4 MIL
4) Converted to Property Management Company, January 2008 From November 2004 to February 2012 (7 years 4 months) Norwalk, ConnecticutAdjunct Professor; Communication/Engineering | Master Black Belt Six Sigma | Management Consultant @ Taught Communication and Engineering to undergrads, Entrepreneurship to MBA program.
1) Communication: Teambuilding, Team Problem Solving, Negotiation, Professional Image, Professional Presentations, Marketing, Introduction to Sales, Product Information, Listening Skills, Preparation for Job Interviews
2) Engineering: Introduction to Statistics, Advanced Excel for Engineers, Computer Aided Design, Manufacturing Materials, Manufacturing Machines
3) MBA: Entrepreneurship (Guest Lecturer) From September 1989 to May 2008 (18 years 9 months) New Haven Connecticut areaProduct Development Manager – R&D | Black Belt | Six Sigma | Internal Management Consultant @ Lead on the Administrative Implementation Team developing a new products for UHG: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) and Health Savings Account (HSA)
1) Created work plans for 53 team members representing major business units in Uniprise (major customers), Key Accounts (middle market) and Prime (small business)
2) Facilitated the creation of Standard Operating Procedures, business process development and workflow analysis
4) Supervised the development of an Implementation Toolkit for early sales
5) Implemented meeting best practices, resulting in significant productivity gains From February 2004 to November 2004 (10 months) Hartford, Connecticut AreaDirector of Operations | Corporate Quality Lead | Black Belt equivalent | Internal Consultant @ Responsible for managing national operations and implementing Total Quality Management (TQM) in a 176 person, $17 million energy services company
1) Achieved a 168% first year ROI on quality improvement investments
2) Improved customer satisfaction to best in the industry
3) Received Inc. Magazine's "Top Ten Service Companies in America" Award (1995) on behalf of the company From December 1992 to March 1995 (2 years 4 months) Director of Customer Services | Corporate Performance Improvement Lead @ Director of Customer Services, Corporate Head of Performance Improvement
Led a 500-person department (350 employees, 150 contractors) serving a million customers: Call Center, Credit & Collections, Meter Reading, Meter Testing, Meter Services, Technical Field Services and Energy Conservation at a Fortune 100 Electric Utility
1) Dramatic improvements in Receivables, Productivity, and Customer Retention
2) Won three state and national energy program awards.
3) Achieved the highest customer satisfaction ratings ever recorded (96%) for a utility company by a national survey firm From 1983 to 1992 (9 years) New Haven CTFighter Pilot @ Officer, manager, fighter pilot, instructor pilot, top gun, test pilot, aircraft project manager. Honorable Discharge as a Lieutenant Commander
1) Jet Instructor Pilot of the Month (3)
2) Top Gun
3) Fighter Pilot of the Year
4) Test Pilot School: Top Fighter Test Pilot From June 1973 to July 1981 (8 years 2 months) Department Head | Officer-in-Charge | Officer of the Deck @ Line Management | Leadership |Business Process Improvement | Military Aviation | Residential and Commercial Energy Conservation | Continuous Improvement | Change Management | Strategic Planning | Operational Excellence | Program & Project Management | Team-building | Coaching | Leadership Development | Process Engineering | Value Stream Mapping | Root Cause Analysis | Team Leadership | Business Development | TQM | Reengineering | FMEA | CTQ From 1971 to 1981 (10 years) Various
Aeronautical Engineering, Test Pilot, supersonic jet aircraft @ US Naval Test Pilot School From 1979 to 1980 BS, Analytical Management @ United States Naval AcademyMS, Aerospace Systems @ University of West Florida Gerald "Jerry" Werner is skilled in: Business Process..., Six Sigma, Process Improvement, Program Management, Operational Excellence, Strategy, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, Business Transformation, Management Consulting, Training, Team Building, Business Strategy, Strategic Planning, Black Belt, Performance Improvement, Organizational..., Coaching, Start-ups, Analysis, Innovation Management, Leadership Development, Kaizen, Team Leadership, Market Research, Business Development, Product Development, DMAIC, Process Engineering, Value Stream Mapping, Operations Management, Process Management, Higher Education..., Change Leadership, Business Management, Customer Insight, Customer Analytics, Lean Sigma, Customer Service, Business Analysis, Customer Satisfaction, Process Mapping, Business Change..., Management, Cross-functional Team..., Manufacturing, Customer Analysis, Higher Education
Looking for a different
Gerald "Jerry" Werner?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension