Lead Developer @ InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®)
Nearly 20 years of experience in design and development of enterprise C/C++/J2EE/Web applications. Areas of expertise include solid skills in software design, development, testing, deployment and production support. Possess excellent analytical, problem solving skills and have a great desire to learn new things and apply that in the daily work. Work well independently and within a team.
Nearly 20 years of experience in design and development of enterprise C/C++/J2EE/Web applications. Areas of expertise include solid skills in software design, development, testing, deployment and production support. Possess excellent analytical, problem solving skills and have a great desire to learn new things and apply that in the daily work. Work well independently and within a team. Self-motivated, dedicated, professional, and committed to delivering quality products.
Software Engineer @ Developed PaaS for Advacned Marketing Solution using Vagrant, Chef cookbooks, Powershell, Ruby script, VirtualBox and other tools.
Developed middleware components to process promotions using Spring Framwork, JAX-WS, Protocol Buffer, Infinispan distributed cache, Wildfly among other technologies.
Provided level 4 production support.
Integrated promotion engine with Oracle ATG commerce portal using SOAP and ATG components (Droplets, Form Handler, JSP etc). From July 2014 to Present (1 year 6 months) Java & Web Developer @ Developing self-service airport check-in software on NCR Kiosk platform using Agile/Scrum, TDD and the following technologies
Html, SPA, Durandal, JQuery, Knockout, Jasmine, Karma
Spring-DI, Spring-mvc, Spring-Integration, Spring-Data, JMS, ActiveMQ, JPA, Hibernate, SVN, Maven, STS, Soap/CXF, ReST, MySQL, Visual C++, Selenium for test automation, Jenkins/Hudson, Sonar, JIRA, Confluence, JUnit/Mockito and many others. From August 2013 to July 2014 (1 year) Senior Java Developer @ Enhanced functionality of online applications of marketplace and livesource for connecting suppliers and buyers of industrial products. From April 2013 to August 2013 (5 months) IT Developer/SAP Analyst @ Working on SAP SD module and implementing solutions for in house SAP implementation for supply chain management and software contract renewal. From October 2011 to March 2013 (1 year 6 months) IT Developer @ Completed several full life cycle application developments, including enhancement to HP Service Center (SPARKS), several portlet based portal applications, web services middleware for master data and a web UI project.
Expert Knowledge in Apache, WebLogic, Vignette Portal Server, HP Portal framework, HP Batch Framework, Spring framework, and various Java related technologies.
Developed servlets, Java beans, JSP pages using Struts framework, JSSE API, SSL, XML, DOM, SAX with JBuilder and implemented data access layer to Oracle, DB2 using JDBC 2.0 and SQL queries. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Software Engineer @ • Performed maintenance, enhancement as defect fixing for back-office web application serving 100,000+ field agents.
• Independently completed several application modules with responsibilities of acquiring requirements from internal customers, designing, developing and unit testing application modules, coordinating with UAT testers to complete the test plan, and deploying to the production server.
• Participated in the re-architecture and design of a sales-agent hierarchy management system and influenced management to adopt open source web technologies, including the use of struts.
• Provided rotating on-call support for production web-sites. From February 2004 to August 2005 (1 year 7 months) Senior Consultant @ From 2000 to 2004 (4 years) Systems Programmer @ • Responsible to debug, troubleshoot and resolve defects reported from tester and end users.
• Streamlined the design of a core system component and led implementation.
• Technologies, Tools and Platforms Used: C++, STL, MFC, Sybase, SQL, ODBC, TCP/IP Sockets, TL1, SNMP, Unix, Windows NT From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Software Engineer @ • Responsible for implementing weather data processing modules.
• Supported and enhanced embedded system software and streamlined configuration and operational procedures for loading system software via satellite streaming.
• Remedied the Y2K issue of system software and conducted thorough functional and system testing.
• Technologies, tools and platforms used: C++, STL, Oracle, ODBC, TCP/IP Sockets, multi-threaded library, Solaris, HP/UX, Shell Scripting. From September 1996 to December 1999 (3 years 4 months)
Ph.D., Atmospheric Sciences @ Georgia Institute of Technology From 1989 to 1995 George Zhao is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Spring MVC, HTML, CSS3, Apache 2, Spring DI, JSP, SAP R/3, Vignette Portal, Maven, Hudson, Tomcat, JBoss, Web Services, Weblogic
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension