Vice President Business Development @ Valent U.S.A. Corporation / Valent BioSciences Corporation
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & REGULATORY AFFAIRS @ Nufarm Americas Inc., Chicago, Illinois, USA
VICE PRESIDENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS @ Nufarm Americas Inc., Chicago, Illinois, USA
AUSTRADE ASIA-PACIFIC FELLOWSHIP – Indonesia @
Australian Trade Commission
A results-orientated, hands-on leader with a well-rounded international background in general management, business development, sales, product development, regulatory affairs and operations. Demonstrated performance in acquisitions, business integration, new business development, pioneering new markets and cross cultural business collaboration. Expertise in creating and executing strategies that achieve top and bottom line growth objectives. Accomplished in recruiting, developing, and
A results-orientated, hands-on leader with a well-rounded international background in general management, business development, sales, product development, regulatory affairs and operations. Demonstrated performance in acquisitions, business integration, new business development, pioneering new markets and cross cultural business collaboration. Expertise in creating and executing strategies that achieve top and bottom line growth objectives. Accomplished in recruiting, developing, and motivating highly talented teams. Dedicated to maintaining a reputation built on strong interpersonal relationships, respect, passion, confidence, innovation, uncompromising customer focus and hard work.
Vice President Business Development @ • Successfully led a strategic divestment of the Green Light business through negotiations with The Scotts Miracle Grow Company.
• Initiated a strategic alliance concept with Nufarm in the turf, ornamentals and aquatics market, which culminated in board approval to negotiate a sales representation agreement, which involved the transfer of several Valent employees to Nufarm. Led a cross functional team to manage a seamless business transition for all stakeholders.
• Led and negotiated several product life cycle management collaboration agreements several multinational companies.
• Negotiated the acquisition of intellectual property rights on key seed treatment formulation technology. From April 2011 to Present (4 years 9 months) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & REGULATORY AFFAIRS @ • Led and managed business development activities in the USA from 2004 to 2010 in support of the global strategic plan of growing the product portfolio in key target crops and segments through product development, supply arrangements, licensing and product / business acquisitions.
• Responsible for developing alliances with businesses that provide profit growth opportunities through strategic market access positions, sales and supply initiatives. Managed third party corporate sales.
• Led and managed all product development projects and activity. Over 5 years, developed, registered and /or acquired 28 technical active ingredients, 124 new products, of which 44 are value differentiated. During this period, Nufarm Americas submitted the most number of registration applications to the USA EPA. These new products contributed almost 30% of total revenue and 55% of total gross profit by 2010.
• Assumed leadership role for Regulatory and Government Affairs team. Successfully negotiated favorable data compensation outcomes for 16 active ingredients 2006 – 2010. From 2006 to April 2011 (5 years) VICE PRESIDENT – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & OPERATIONS @ • Set up and managed a product development team and a formulation development laboratory / office facility in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. Recruited six Chemists to perform formulation development, analytical work, data development, QA, manufacturing scale up and technical services; primarily to the USA operation, however also became a valued regional and global resource.
• Led and managed all Operations, including manufacturing, supply chain, customer service and logistics. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) REGIONAL GENERAL MANAGER – ASIA @ Managed Nufarm’s businesses in Indonesia & Malaysia and expanded sales through distribution partners in Thailand, Vietnam, South Korea, Cambodia & Myanmar. Achieved record sales growth in this region, with sales exceeding $30 million/ann. From 2000 to 2004 (4 years) GENERAL MANAGER / PRESIDENT DIRECTOR – INDONESIA @ • Led and managed a total transformation of a joint venture business from a bankrupt, inefficient, 3 product company, to a very profitable business with a broad product portfolio that contributed 10% of Nufarm’s global EBIT in 2003.
• This transformation involved intense focus in developing a business strategy and culture that attracted top talent in the industry and the right people to Nufarm Indonesia. Active replacement, recruitment and development of people and products resulted in a strongly knit team of 164 people (including manufacturing plant) delivering sales >$20 million/ann by the time I left.
• Hand-picked and developed a strong sales and marketing field force, who developed the Nufarm brand in the market and attracted companies such as Monsanto, Dow, BASF and Cerexagri to distribute some or all of their products through Nufarm Indonesia. From 1998 to 2004 (6 years) NATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGER – HORTICULTURE @ Responsibilities included National product management for Nufarm’s Insecticide, Fungicide & Plant Growth Regulator products and National Horticultural market management. From 1997 to 1998 (1 year) STATE SALES MANAGER - WESTERN AUSTRALIA @ • Managed a Sales, Marketing and Administration team of 12 people. Achieved record State & National sales and profit in 1996/97.
• Managed the construction, operation and launch of the first Nufarm regional service center. From 1996 to 1997 (1 year) REGIONAL MARKETING / TECHNICAL MANAGER - ASIA @ • Was the first Nufarm person to be expatriated outside of Nufarm’s Australia/New Zealand business, as Nufarm embarked on its global expansion strategy.
• Provided technical training, product development and marketing direction to local Indonesian joint venture management and staff.
• Responsibilities included sales, marketing, product development and regulatory affairs in 14 countries across the region.
• Acted as Temporary General Manager for Nufarm Malaysia for 6 months.
• I introduced Glyphosate to Vietnam (replacing Russian subsidized Dalapon), by being the first to register, promote and launch Glyphosate in the open market.
• Initiated and developed the Nufarm Asia Turf business and branded it as NuTurf.
• Introduced and promoted Pivot Limited fertilizers in Bangladesh, resulting in Pivot’s first export business, which was a full ship load of super phosphate.
• Performed product development and prepared data packages to establish product registrations throughout Asia. Provided technical training and product positioning support to distributors and end users. From 1992 to 1996 (4 years) SALES SUPERVISOR / TECHNICAL ADVISOR @ • Managed and serviced a $5 million sales territory of 30 customers.
• Provided technical support to sales supervisors, distributors, retailers and farmers. Performed product development field trials. Responsible for regulatory affairs in Western Australia. From 1989 to 1992 (3 years) FARM MANAGEMENT ADVISOR – FINANCE @ Assessing applications for financial assistance under the Rural Adjustment Scheme, which entailed financial analysis to determine the viability of farm businesses, preparation of cash flow budgets and development plan From 1987 to 1988 (1 year)
FINANCE FOR NON-FINANCIAL EXECUTIVES @ Australian Institute of Management, Melbourne, Australia From 1998 to 1998 AUSTRADE ASIA-PACIFIC FELLOWSHIP – Indonesia @ Australian Trade Commission From 1992 to 1993 BACHELOR OF BUSINESS (AGRICULTURE), Agribusiness @ Curtin University of Technology (Muresk Institute of Agriculture Campus), Northam, Western Australia From 1982 to 1986 Geoff Quick is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Cross-Cultural Leadership, Negotiation, New Business Development, Product Development, Sales Management, Agribusiness
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension