Deputy Principal @ Hay Al Sharooq International School
Vice Principal @ Newlands School
School Improvement Advisor @ Education
Bachelor's Degree @
The College of St. Mark and St. John
A highly skilled, vastly experienced Assistant Head teacher, and extremely adaptable, UK qualified Physical Education/Information Technology Specialist, who is accustomed to working under demanding pressure as well as self-initiative. Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills are coupled up with a positively driven and flexible work ethic and attitude towards working alongside or leading a given team. These core
A highly skilled, vastly experienced Assistant Head teacher, and extremely adaptable, UK qualified Physical Education/Information Technology Specialist, who is accustomed to working under demanding pressure as well as self-initiative. Excellent communicational and interpersonal skills are coupled up with a positively driven and flexible work ethic and attitude towards working alongside or leading a given team. These core attributes are altogether personified through a buoyant personality, whose style of leadership and management is further reinforced with a proven track record and reputation.
Dean of Students @ • Strategic direction and development of the team
• Learning & Teaching
• Leading and managing staff
• Efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
• Develop a strategic view for all students which supports the vision, ethos and policies of the Al Bayariq Programme
• Use data effectively, to monitor standards and to aid planning/progress
• Be responsible for the care of all students within the the programme, promoting self discipline and positive behaviour in accordance with the Al Shaheen policy
• Take responsibility for the development and monitoring of the curriculum provision throughout liaising appropriately with the curriculum team
• Responsible for the Al Bayariq Educational programme within local Emirati Secondary Schools (KS4/5)
• Implementation and delivery of a Military/Police/Educational programme in 3 large secondary schools
• Maintain a continuous and consistent focus on pupil achievement using data and benchmarks to monitor progress within the programme. This includes leading team meetings and moderation of standards across the schools
• Lead the development and review of the programme and wider curriculum including planning, recording, reporting, assessment for learning.
• In collaboration with the SLT lead the processes involved in monitoring and evaluating the quality of teaching and learning taking place within the programme, including lesson observations, ensuring consistent high quality.
• Provide inspirational and strong strategic leadership to strengthen the core skills of all learners, encourage risk taking and develop creative, exciting links between areas of learning.
• Monitor, evaluate and review the effectiveness of teams.
• Responsible for managing 3 teams, delivery and curriculum development of Al Bayariq lessons, all administration of staff and 415 students.
• Create a culture and ethos of challenge and support where all pupils can achieve success and the active involvement of pupils and staff in their own learning. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Assistant Headteacher @ Experience
* Experience across the age and ability range in KS1/2
* Successful experience of teaching
* Experience of teaching within a multi-cultural environment
* Experience of teaching children for whom english is an additional language
* Succesful experience of organising, developing and supporting staff
* Excellent understanding of the principles of effective leadership with regard to staff morale and motivation
* Skill and understanding of articulating aims, formulating plans and communicating these to staff in a variety of ways
* Familiarity and involvement with contemporary issues in teaching and learning
* Successful experience of organising and evaluating curriculum development
* A sound understanding of the range of special educational needs and the importance of continuity and progression in children's learning
* Understanding of role safeguarding children with particular reference to Child Protection
* Commitment to raising standards of achievement for all children
* Ability to administer and organise
* Ability to provide leadership
* Ability to monitor pupil progress and foster high expectations of achievement
* Ability to work with colleagues in a team situation
* Ability to contribute to school objectives
* Ability to manage a budget
* Commitment to developing open and positive relationships within the school and wider community
* Eager to learn from others and to lead learning
* Commitment to continuing personal and professional development
* Enthusiasm, warmth and sensitivity From September 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 4 months)
Bachelor's Degree, Physical Education/Information Technology, 2:1 @ The College of St. Mark and St. John From 1995 to 1999 Bachelor's Degree, Physical Education Teaching and Coaching, 2:1 @ The College of St. Mark and St. John From 1995 to 1999 High School, KS4, Various A*-C @ King Edward VI School, Totnes, South Devon From 1977 to 1982 Gary Williams is skilled in: Curriculum Design, Leadership, Teaching, Management, Staff Development, Special Education, Teacher Training, Classroom Management, Lesson Planning, Curriculum Development, Educational Leadership, Differentiated Instruction, Literacy, Educational Technology, Classroom
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension