Director of Technology and Product Development @ Human Systems Integration, Inc.
Director Of Engineering @ Thales
Sr Director of Engineering and Development @ Microsemi Corporation
Continuing Education @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Entrepreneurial Spirit and New Product Initiative (NPI) : create new product idea, develop proof of concept, rapid prototypes, innovations and forward thinking, strategic vision into action, influencing others / program management, negotiation, technology passion, created and supported 6 SBIRs, DARPA, DoD programs with a track record of Commercial High Volume Production and DoD funding from $16k to
Entrepreneurial Spirit and New Product Initiative (NPI) : create new product idea, develop proof of concept, rapid prototypes, innovations and forward thinking, strategic vision into action, influencing others / program management, negotiation, technology passion, created and supported 6 SBIRs, DARPA, DoD programs with a track record of Commercial High Volume Production and DoD funding from $16k to $4.2 million.
Mechanical Design, material processing and reliability testing: Created innovative new growth initiatives without losing discipline and focus on the core business, which led to 4 new product lines for sensor packaging in high volume production setting resulted in Wii, iPhone 5, Nano-iPod, Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS). Noval solution led to cost reduction by 100x.
• Industry: over 10 years in product design and visualization by CAD ( Solidworks, ProE), FMEA, FEA Simulation, root cause analysis, high volume production, manufacturing, inertial, process integration, design rules. developed MEMS packaging for Wii, Nano-iPod, tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), Physiological Status Monitoring (PSM), Sensors & Prosthetic.
• Research: 8 years track record of DoD (DARPA, AFRL, Army) funding in material, electronic packaging, semiconductor, 3D-PCB, MEMS, RF, Microelectronics, and a future research focus on human interaction & wearable , device topology optimization, neuroscience- decision making & senses, collaboration with Biomedical, Computer science and Electrical Engineer
Sr. Mechanical Engineer / Product Engineer / Technology Manager @ Technology Development and Program Manager:
* Led teams of upto 16 people and managed $20 mil programs from ideas creation to deliver prototypes for the military.
* Created and performed all aspect of Mechanical Design, Design of Experiment, Design for Manufacturing (DFM), FMEA, Reliability testing.
* Managed firmware algorithms, and hardware & software development; all the while establishing relationships with professors, consultants, subcontractors and vendors. Developed statement of work (SoW), project schedules, and budget plan for on time delivery.
Applications / Mechanical Engineer:
* Supported raising $40 million programs in grant writing for the group based on Contract R&D from DoD services such as DARPA, ARMY, AirForce, Navy utilizing my multidisciplinary background in the areas of medical devices, mobile technology, material development, wearable devices, thermal signature, virtual and augmented reality, and Sensors.
* Created new platform for system in package ( SiP) electronic packaging for Sensors and High-Frequency millimeter-waves and microwave applications. Established design rules for the PCB, commercialization plan, and demonstrated prototype with major OEM IC devices. From January 2007 to Present (8 years 10 months) Greater Boston AreaProduct Manager @ The major responsibilities of my position are:
* Innovate and developed of new value through creative solutions for traditional MEMS packages that previously cost 10s of dollars into a standard IC infrastructure which cost PENNIES.
* Innovate and create initial four product lines that is now used in iPhone 5, MEMS Microphone, TPMS: Tire Pressure Monitoring System ( 1st in the world to be over-molded package), MEMS inertial Sensor such as Gyro and Pressure Sensors and Optical Packages.
* Innovate and designed new processes and material that create cavity features which was now is possible to use standard thermoset equipment instead of expensive thermoplastic ( non standard IC equipment)
* Submitted 13 inventions disclosure/ applications and patents for MEMS packages
* Establish MEMS packaging technology roadmaps and develop package design (ANSYS) concepts to meet application requirements.
* Work with R&D in Korea, Manufacturing in Philippine, Taiwan, and Japan, Sales and Account Managers to make initial customer visits, and manage on-going customer programs.
* Establish market segmentation and develop strategic marketing plans.
* Setting pricing strategies for the product. Development activities with Amkor's development R & D teams in Korea and the Philippines.
* Establish design rules for new substrate and assembly technologies.
* Product management through initial production ramp. 30% of time travel, between factories and customers. From March 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 10 months) Phoenix, Arizona AreaConsultant @ Electronics Packaging, Soldering on Flex From November 2004 to February 2005 (4 months) Research Assistant @ RF, MEMS, Electronic Packaging From January 2001 to December 2004 (4 years) Mechanical Engineer @ Opto Electrical From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Product Design @ Product Design From 1999 to 2000 (1 year)
Certificate, Integrated Circuit (IC) Design and Techniques @ University of California, Berkeley From 2009 to 2015 Continuing Education, Product Development and Software, 5.0/5.0 @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 2012 to 2013 cont. Education, Digital and Analog Electronics @ Harvard University From 2008 to 2009 Ph.D., MEMS sensors, RF-MEMS, and Electronic Packaging, 3.86 / 4.00 @ University of Colorado Boulder From 2001 to 2004 MSc, Mechanical Engineering, 3.96/4.0 @ University of Colorado at Denver From 1998 to 1999 Certificate:, Perception, Action and the Brain @ Duke UniversityBSc, Engineering @ Ain Shams UniversityProduction Management MSc-Cont. @ Cairo UniversityBS-Cont., Mechanical Engineering @ University of Colorado at Boulder Faheem Faheem is skilled in: Sensors, R&D, MEMS, Product Development, Electronics, Engineering, ANSYS, Manufacturing, RF, Simulations, Microfabrication, Semiconductors, Semiconductor Packaging, Mechanical Engineering, Testing, Solidworks, Materials Science, Engineering Management, Manufacturing..., Design of Experiments, Labview, Matlab, IC layout, Medical Devices, Medical Device R&D, Creo Parametric, PTC Creo, FMEA, DFM, Design for Manufacturing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension