I've played a role as a leader, product builder, technologist, engineer, fixer, and entrepreneur in digital media and consumer software companies. I've lead both in larger established organizations and new ventures. I engage at any and all levels; from early product strategy through design and technical architecture and all the way into the engineering implementation and operations.
I've played a role as a leader, product builder, technologist, engineer, fixer, and entrepreneur in digital media and consumer software companies. I've lead both in larger established organizations and new ventures. I engage at any and all levels; from early product strategy through design and technical architecture and all the way into the engineering implementation and operations. I remain very hands-on. Over the past 15 years I've built, lead and been part of top-tier teams in Product, Engineering, Dev-Ops, Operations, and Data Science. I've repeatedly turned ideas and projects into full product lines and scaled and delivered over 20 successful worldwide software, hardware and web-based products to audiences in the many millions.
Experienced in: Product, Execution, Engineering, Operations (Data, systems), Data science, Analytics, Building and scaling top-tier teams and organizations, Media & Entertainment, Mobile, Games, Social Networks, E-Commerce, Video/Audio.
Education: Ph.D. in Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence). M.Sc. and B.Sc. in Computer Science.
Chief Technology Officer @ A Sports Technology platform addressing the unserved market of amateur and youth Sports From September 2015 to Present (3 months) All over the placeChief Product Officer, innovation @ Deluxe is the largest provider of creative and post-production technology for the film and television industry (aka 'Color by Deluxe'), including: on-set production, special effects (VFX), Advertising and Content distribution (transcoding, delivery).
My focus at Deluxe: (1) Turn around specific products/technologies (2) build bridges and interactions at the technology and product level across the company and (3) identify and drive innovation within the larger Deluxe Ecosystem that has a trusted broad reach into the M&E industry From January 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) Los Angeles, New York, LondonSenior VP Engineering @ A platform for building Mobile Social apps that has over 300 million users in over 220 countries worldwide and ranks at the top (Comscore) in user engagement. Products include Tagged, Hi5 and a range of mobile location based social apps.
A key member of the executive team driving product technology vision and strategy. In addition my focus and responsibilities included:
- Transitioning the company's products, teams and technology from Web to Mobile
- Ownership and daily management of all user facing and internal systems, operations and services
- Ownership of roadmaps for Engineering, Operations, DevOps, QA, Customer & Enterprise Tools and Services, Data Science and Research
- Hire, scale and grow product and technology talent and teams. From August 2012 to January 2014 (1 year 6 months) San FranciscoBoard Member [various], Stanford University & UC Berkeley Entrepreneurship Classes [Mentor, Ongoing] @ Actively advising startups in the the mobile, big data and payment space on product strategy, technology, and Engineering
Mentor at Lean Launchpad courses at Stanford University and UC Berkeley (http://stanford.io/1K5Ettt) From January 2001 to December 2012 (12 years) Executive VP Product & Engineering @ Idle Games [Purchased by GSN] is a social game studio that is to social games what Pixar is to animated movies, fusing creative game design with technical innovation (featured on the Facebook IPO reel).
My focus at Idle-Game’s is building, scaling and daily managing multiple groups: Product, Engineering, Operations, DevOps, QA, Data Science. From April 2011 to November 2012 (1 year 8 months) Senior VP Product @ - Cloud Integration Startup innovating the integration by leveraging highly scalable Web technology and novel Web2.0 user experience. Andreessen-Horowitz backed
- Full product roadmap and life-cycle ownership. Daily management of Product, Design, Engineering, Operations, QA and IT. From November 2009 to April 2011 (1 year 6 months) Executive VP Product & Technology @ - One of the largest brand safe entertainment and producer networks, 3rd fastest growing site in the US in 2007. Market leader in monetization of brand-safe media properties. Kleiner-Perkins, Sequoia backed.
- Brought to market, scaled and sustained a world-class entertainment platform focused on monetization of media through multiple sources; advertisement, transactions and syndication.
• Drove triple digit growth,
• Significantly reduced platform OPEX (no force reduction)
• Managed, delivered and monetized of a catalog of over 15,000 shows though the Mevio network of sites, partnerships (e.g. BT) and syndication to television and mobile platforms (e.g. iTunes, Nokia and Tivo).
• Full product vision and product life-cycle ownership. Daily management of Product, Design, Engineering, Operations, QA, Support and IT in the US and offshore
• Developed a strong technical foundation for the company including patent-pending core technologies, novel social networking and complex real-time business intelligence tools.
• Built Product, Design, Engineering, Ops and QA teams into scalable and repeatable organizations working in a highly efficient manner across multiple international locations. From November 2006 to November 2009 (3 years 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaSr. Director, World Wide Engineering @ - A digital entertainment technology leader that enables digital home entertainment experience. Leader in content and software licensing, installation (InstallShield) and online digital content distributio(Games).
- Daily management of Engineering and QA in US, EMEA and APAC
• Developed internationalized syndication and commerce platform operating major online portals such as Yahoo! Games (in 8 countries)
• Scaled and operated complex E-commerce back end servicing over 200 affiliates including AOL, Disney and Earthlink
• Developed a video distribution solution for major movie studios including Disney, Warner, and Sony.
• Developed innovative connected up-sell products that bridge across the various Macrovision technologies (P2P, InstallShield, RipGuard, and TotalPlay).
• Transformed nascent Engineering and QA teams into scalable and repeatable organizations delivering robust products in a very short timeline. From November 2002 to November 2006 (4 years 1 month) Senior Director, Manager @ From December 2002 to July 2005 (2 years 8 months) VP Product & Engineering @ - Early leader in copy management and content up-sell for multiple formats of optical media. Acquired by Rovi / Macrovision in 2002
• Full product vision and product life-cycle ownership from founding stage of the company. Daily management of Product, Design, Engineering, Operations, QA and IT.
• Developed and shipped the leading technology for the distribution of music on optical media integrated with a connected up-sell and advertising channel. The product shipped Worldwide for Music labels such as Universal, EMI, and Warner & Sony
• Built/Executed product and marketing strategy that won the company significant market share World-Wide and led to the acquisition of the company by Macrovision.
• Developed inhouse a highly scalable embedded rendering appliance and integrated it into manufacturing plants World-wide from prototype testing to full production support.
• Built from the ground up an Engineering team of >25 software and QA engineers, including the introduction of processes, procedures, metrics and tools.
• Drove the patent strategy (critical for the acquisition) including authoring several patents. From January 1999 to December 2002 (4 years)
Ph.D, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision @ Ph.D, Univiersity of TorontoM.Sc., Artificial Intelligence, Computer Vision @ M.Sc, University of TorontoB.Sc, Mathematics, Computer Science @ B.Sc., The Hebrew University Eyal Shavit is skilled in: Cloud Computing, Start-ups, Product Management, Agile Methodologies, SaaS, Mobile Devices, Software Engineering, Scalability, Analytics, Mobile Applications, Software Development, User Experience, Distributed Systems, E-commerce, Product Development, Web Applications, Project Management, Integration, System Architecture, Python, Enterprise Software, Quality Assurance, Management, Big Data, Strategic Partnerships, Open Source, Agile Project Management, Software Project..., Software Design, Strategy, Linux, Leadership, Executive Management, Digital Media, Entrepreneurship, Architecture, Scrum
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension