Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Honours @
National University of Singapore
Senior Manager, Global Marketing Office @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year) Tokyo, JapanManager, Global Marketing Office @ From July 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 5 months) Management Consultant @ From May 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 2 months) Assistant Brand Manager, Blades & Razors, Gillette @ Managed a portfolio of US$ 90million and
Senior Manager, Global Marketing Office @ From December 2014 to Present (1 year) Tokyo, JapanManager, Global Marketing Office @ From July 2013 to November 2014 (1 year 5 months) Management Consultant @ From May 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 2 months) Assistant Brand Manager, Blades & Razors, Gillette @ Managed a portfolio of US$ 90million and led a multifunctional team delivering highest ever market share growth of +5.8 pts.
- Launched Gillette Guard, one of the most significant product launches in Gillette history focusing on bottom of the pyramid.
- Doubled Gillette Blades & Razor consumer base by adding 18Million new consumers with highest ever razor share of 54%
(up from 27%), making Guard the fastest growing razor brand in the world.
- Led analysis on awareness, media optimization, pricing, etc. to solve on-going business issues delivering 214 Index growth.
- Co-designed the marketing mix for ‘Shave India Movement’ leveraging digital media, word of mouth, and viral marketing. From May 2010 to April 2012 (2 years) SingaporeAssistant Brand Manager, DE Blades, Gillette @ Managed a portfolio of US$ 30million and grew market share by +1.5 points.
- Recommended the leadership team to refocus branding strategy from individual DE sub-brands to mother brand Gillette.
- Relaunched all DE sub-brands under the Gillette mother brand to deliver topline sales growth of 130 Index vs. Year ago.
- Developed base brand building framework for Gillette India with focus on commercial innovations and tactical promotions. From May 2010 to September 2010 (5 months) Product Marketing Intern @ - Co-developed new pricing model using advanced statistical methods and user modelling to attain a 15% increase in revenue.
- Strategized the ‘Xperience’ product launch including branding, partner strategy, sales collateral and training material.
- Led a team of 4 to analyse customer feedback and developed solutions resulting in 22% increase in Customer Loyalty Score. From July 2008 to July 2009 (1 year 1 month) San Francisco Bay AreaOperations Strategy Summer Analsyt @ - Proposed an online platform to improve operational procedures by 23% and implemented it by leading a team of 4 interns.
- Saved US$190K p.a through energy optimization project. Awarded Green Belt Certification and Best Six Sigma Project, 2008.
- Co-designed a Six Sigma Plus training emphasizing on interactivity, experimentation & team work. From May 2008 to August 2008 (4 months) Singapore
Management Science & Engineering, Minor in Technology Entrepreneurship @ Stanford University From 2008 to 2009 Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.), Honours, Computer Engineering @ National University of Singapore From 2005 to 2010 Ershad Ahamed is skilled in: Marketing Strategy, FMCG, Product Marketing, Segmentation, Market Research, Product Management, Product Development, Product Launch, Brand Management, Management, Leadership, Competitive Analysis, Digital Media, Strategy, Strategic Partnerships
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension