I am an ITIL v3 Foundations certified IT Professional, with the bulk of my experience in the discipline of Enterprise Application Administration. Enterprise App administration affords me the opportunity to work closely with the other major Infrastructure disciplines - Network, System, Middleware, Support, and Security, while also putting emphasis on building and maintaining key business relationships. My
I am an ITIL v3 Foundations certified IT Professional, with the bulk of my experience in the discipline of Enterprise Application Administration. Enterprise App administration affords me the opportunity to work closely with the other major Infrastructure disciplines - Network, System, Middleware, Support, and Security, while also putting emphasis on building and maintaining key business relationships. My recent work history includes the planning and implementation of a PCI Compliance Program with 20,000+ tasks (Zale), as well as overseeing an Enterprise App production support team at a couple of $3B companies (Brinker International, Rent-A-Center). My responsibilities include uptime of approximately 50 enterprise applications (PeopleSoft, Lawson, Siebel CRM, JD Edwards, Tibco BW/CIM/ESB, Oracle Inventory Apps, company web sites, etc), SOX mandated code deployment as part of an SDLC, and numerous deployment, upgrade, and implementation projects. My career focus is continued growth in IT Management, where I can leverage my considerable experience in the world of Enterprise Application administration.
Director, App Administration & Support Services @ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 10 months) Senior Manager - Application Production Control @ Managing a team of 9 Enterprise Application Administrators. We are responsible for uptime and on-going support, maintenance, upgrade, and administration of foundational applications: POS (High Touch/SIMS), ERP (Lawson), Inventory (Oracle Inventory Application Suite), CRM (Siebel), and WMS (RedPrairie). From August 2013 to March 2014 (8 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaApplication Production Control Manager @ Managing a team of 10 Enterprise Application Administrators & Release Management Specialists. We are responsible for uptime and on-going support, maintenance, upgrade, and administration of foundational applications: POS (High Touch/SIMS), ERP (Lawson), Inventory (Oracle Inventory Application Suite), CRM (Siebel), WMS (RedPrairie), as well Release Management for numerous company applications. Recent accomplishments include successful rollout of Siebel CRM to 3000 stores. From June 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 3 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaSenior Business Process Analyst @ • Evaluated 16 vendors & generated the quantitative technical recommendation for 6 different PCI Compliance spawned initiatives including Data Loss Prevention, Web Content Filtering, Privileged Access Management, Network Configuration Management, Host Intrusion Detection/Prevention, and Rogue Access Point Detection.
• Worked as part of a 15+ person team to successfully implement a 20,000+ task master program plan that brought Zale into PCI 2.0 Compliance. Despite working as an independent contractor, was repeatedly lauded by both Zale & 3rd Party team as vital to the Program. Flexible enough to architect, implement, and/or project manage most technical efforts.
• As individual projects emerged, spear-headed the implementation of Quest’s Total Privileged Access Management Application. This included Architecture, Vendor Management, Application Configuration/Setup, Training, and general Championing of the application within Zale. This application represented the single biggest change to existing Zale procedures and was therefore highly visible to users. This project allowed me to leverage not only my technical skills, but my people skills as well, as I worked towards my users embracing the product. From May 2011 to June 2012 (1 year 2 months) Manager - Application Administration Team @ • Managed team of up to 6 App/DB Admins, including all hiring, terminating, review, and development activities.
• Co-managed team of 10 off-shore contractors in a shared services agreement with my peers.
• Responsible for $500K-$1M annual combined OpEx/CapEx budget.
• Directly responsible for approximately 5-10 projects at any given time, ranging in size from self-initiated to Enterprise Level Application Implementation, and including time, resource, and financial aspects of projects.
• Responsible for Problem Management, acting as Level 3 Escalation Function for our Service Desk.
• Maintained SOX Compliant Code Deployment between Dev/QA/Pre-Prod/Production environments, and ensured Change Control policies and controls were met.
• Managed approximately 10 external vendors in multiple areas: SLA Tracking, Software Maintenance Negotiation, On-Site Service Delivery, and Application Currency.
• Evaluated/Recommended/Purchased software to aid in management and troubleshooting of applications, including Quest Foglight Suite (End User Management, Synthetic Transaction Player) & DocAve Sharepoint Tool Suites
• Major Project Accomplishments:
o ~$100K/year OpEx savings: Co-implemented shared service off-shoring contract, resulting in reduced head count & cost effective task-to-skill set match resourcing arrangement for our Infrastructure Support Teams: App Administrators, DBAs, System Engineers, Network Engineers, and Security
o ~$50K/year OpEx savings & improved DB Escalation SLA: Eliminated a DBA Services contract and brought DBA skill set back in-house to improve responsiveness of the DBA function.
o ~$80K/year OpEx/CapEx savings: Oversaw presentation of 20+ Apps living in Credit Card firewall zone via Citrix due to PCI Compliancy project, keeping 80+ I.S. desktops out of scope for PCI.
o Process Improvement: Oversaw Administration of Tibco’s ESB solution for all application integrations, reducing multiple complex integration environments to 1 platform. From May 2008 to May 2011 (3 years 1 month) Application Support Analyst @ • Part of team which administered 50+ Home Office applications, including all above listed applications, and a number of home grown web applications.
• Responsible for deployment of code between environments (SDLC Sox Compliancy) and Level 3 Application Support. Managed numerous application upgrade/installation projects.
• Administered Brinker’s RemoteWare application, distributing POS changes to and polling data from 1500+ restaurants on a daily basis. Implemented upgrade of RemoteWare system. From September 2005 to May 2008 (2 years 9 months) POS Administrator @ • Responsible for POS software/hardware & help desk support for Spaghetti Warehouse concept (30 locations).
• Assisted in retrofit of all Spaghetti Warehouse locations to the Aloha POS system - installing hardware, customizing software, and training of store management.
• Continued my support and POS duties with CRO (115 locations) after company merger in 1999, including after-hours and weekend beeper support.
• As Telecomm Manager, I was responsible for all adds/changes/deletes & backups on our PBX and VoiceMail systems (Lucent, Intuity/Audix).
• Reviewed Telecomm charges and initiated project which led directly to the cancellation of 80 phone lines for a savings of approximately $4000 per month. Teamed with Purchasing Director in contracting a new Long Distance provider. Successfully managed 100-location conversion of local service providers. From February 1998 to September 2005 (7 years 8 months) Operations Manager/Major Account Manager @ • Promoted from Assistant to Installation Coordinator to Operations Manager to Major Account Manager in 3 years.
• Exceeded $2 million revenue and $200 thousand profit goals for fiscal year ’97 as Regional Office Operations Manager (Connecticut office).
• Established effective incentive programs to increase revenues not associated with new sales, increasing Incremental Sales by $100K.
• Managed newly sold accounts through various stages: site survey, POS menu configuration, training, go-live coverage, and final sign off at completion of project. Actively and aggressively pursued extra revenue potential for company via re-configuration jobs and re-training of client base (as their business operations changed). From May 1995 to February 1998 (2 years 10 months)
Bachelor of Science, Accounting/Computer Science @ Boston College From 1989 to 1993 Erik Sabadie is skilled in: ITIL, Application Architecture, Application Management, POS, Aloha, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, MOSS 2007, IIS, Troubleshooting, Project Planning, Inventory Management, Databases, PCI DSS, Forecasting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension