Strategic Global Business Growth and Technology Innovator valued for establishing strategic corporate IT objectives in designing, building and implementing multimillion-dollar strategic and tactical solutions in complex multi-vendor environments. Turnaround and organizational development expertise in resuscitating stagnant business operations – restoring focus, vitality and profitability. Master of implementing pragmatic solutions that rebuild processes and procedures that lead to
Strategic Global Business Growth and Technology Innovator valued for establishing strategic corporate IT objectives in designing, building and implementing multimillion-dollar strategic and tactical solutions in complex multi-vendor environments. Turnaround and organizational development expertise in resuscitating stagnant business operations – restoring focus, vitality and profitability. Master of implementing pragmatic solutions that rebuild processes and procedures that lead to higher efficiency, greater transparency, a varied and new product mix, and better product quality across the organization. Effective team builder and mentor who builds and cultivates teams that consistently exceed expectations.
Sr Vice President, Information Technology @ Responsible for all aspects of Information Technology for Magellan’s Pharmacy Division and its product lines, to include Commercial, State Medicaid and Medicare Part D PBM services, Mail order distribution, Drug Rebate management, Medical Pharmacy and Specialty Pharmacy Utilization Management and Distribution.
I provide vision and leadership for developing and implementing technology, governance, strategy and data management initiatives. I am responsible for all components of the pharmacy organization’s information technology environment, including management of systems, analytics, and data.
In partnership with the pharmacy business, I lead the organization in anticipating and managing major technology changes with a focus on agile technologies.
My responsibilities include all aspects of production to include: core systems up-time, call center stability, systems response time and Interactive Voice response availability. In short, I ensure continuous function of IT interfaces supporting eligibility, claims, distribution, member inquiry and client reporting
I continuously consult and collaborate with other pharmacy business leaders as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
I direct information management budgeting, strategic and tactical planning, business process re-engineering, and database system strategy in support of the pharmacy business as well as
develop, maintain and manage an information systems strategic plan to support the pharmacy business that establishes financial, quality and operating objectives and monitors IT performance metrics, best practices and continuous improvement
I also partner with executive leadership in evaluating potential Mergers and Acquisitions opportunities From November 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Chief Information Officer @ Responsibile for operation of Information Technology department, including product and software development, product management, quality assurance, system operations, and security Specific projects include:
• Direction of turn around activities with respect to establishment of SDLC, process controls, planning, tools selection and implementation, client tracking and reporting, and management by measurement
• Development of departmental personnel, creation and execution of hiring and incentive management plans, establishment of departmental and personal measurement schemes
• Development of departmental budget and budget controls
• Re-establishment of “core” infrastructure, monitoring / controls, and high availability.
• Development of significant improvements and enhancements to company products and the disposition of massive programming backlogs
• Installation of standards for programming, inter-departmental handoffs, and simplification / transparency of communication both inside and outside the department.
• Improvement of departmental stability by 200% and improved customer communication and transparency by 300% in first three months of engagement
• Identification and management of company readiness for ARRA Meaningful Use certification and CCHIT ERx/EMR certification. This includes chartering system remediation internally, and simultaneously assisting company partners and customers in their own efforts. From April 2010 to November 2014 (4 years 8 months) Sr. Vice President of Information Systems / Onlife Health (was Gordian Health Solutions) @ Simultaneously responsible for all information systems for a division of BCBST and the development of Integrated Health Management practices (IHM) for BCBST in general. Responsibilities include:
• Development of new product capabilities in the areas of health and wellness, including portal technologies, hospital discharge, and onsite programming
• Integration of new technology and operational approaches into existing products, service areas, and procedures to achieve competitive advantage
• Development of research and development activities in support of social networking, Web 2.0 technologies, enhanced CRM and ERP, enhanced telecommunications (including video transport), product management technologies and other aspects of the company’s core business processes
• Staff recruiting, coordination, governance, re-organization, incentive programming and daily management of company technology functions
• Re-establishment of corporate governance including methodology, surveillance and remediation processes
• Transformation of BCBST Internal programs and operational processes to become more customer-focused, reactive, and integrated across functions. Partnered with various internal organizations to re-examine current infrastructure, software, and operations. Identified and charted changes necessary in support of senior executive management’s vision.
• Re-launched internal (“home grown”) systems and instituted proper IT Development Methods, quality assurance, version control, and source code management techniques
• Created IT Partnership strategies both internally within BCBST and externally, with key trading partners, vendors, and consultants. This work enabled the company to properly leverage resources and capitalize on market opportunities and build stronger relationships necessary to accomplish its goals. From December 2008 to March 2010 (1 year 4 months) Chief Information Officer @ Founding employee of a public medical technology company that provides medical records collection, distribution services and healthcare management products to individuals, healthcare professionals and hospitals. Directed quality assurance, regulatory compliance, product development, programming, research and development, records management, customer service, physician networking, human resources, computer operations, and purchasing functions.
Chartered and developed an innovative HIPAA-compliant, web-based electronic patient records information system, and Health Information Exchange, MedeFile, which rapidly cornered industry market and inspired copycat efforts by major competitors.
Implemented both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site environment.
Designed and implemented easily upgradeable and dynamic enterprise architecture throughout company that securely and continuously serves thousands of users. Designed and supervised data center build-out and chartered enterprise-wide continuity planning for all application systems and business processes.
Ensured deployment of supported and strategically aligned operational, technical and architectural plans by organizing ongoing dialogs and processes with business leaders, customers and representatives.
Established IT governance models including problem management, change management, request management, service level agreements and key performance indicators
Acted as the primary liaison for the company’s technology vision, transacting written and in-person communications with executives, department heads, third party healthcare providers, and end users.
Developed, tracked, and controlled the IT department’s annual operating and capital budgets for purchasing, staffing, and operations. From January 1999 to December 2008 (10 years) President @ Founded high-productivity business and medical systems programming and design practice that achieved average revenue of $7 million annually. Held top executive authority over all activities including operations, sales, marketing, accounting, client relations and staffing. Hired, managed and developed 35 personnel. Served as chief architect of client solutions and senior developer of operations management, e-commerce and database systems.
Grew company from startup stage to one earning millions in revenue in first year using simple yet extraordinary business strategy of basing billings on provable, consistent and quantifiable results.
Instilled individual accountability to job outcomes in all company personnel; devised project teams with combined industry expertise and technical expertise that guaranteed returns on investments.
Focused system development on fit and function of entire solution within customer operations that proved aggressive against competition and gained extreme customer loyalty and support. From October 1997 to January 1999 (1 year 4 months) MIS Manager @ From 1994 to 1995 (1 year) Business Manager @ From 1992 to 1993 (1 year) Principal @ From 1987 to 1992 (5 years) Senior Consultant @ From 1985 to 1987 (2 years)
Bachelor's degree, quantitative business analysis @ Indiana University Bloomington From 1981 to 1985 Eric Rosenfeld is skilled in: Vendor Management, Team Building, Integration, Strategic Planning, SDLC, HIPAA, Leadership, Enterprise Software, Product Development, Product Management, Quality Assurance, Program Management, Change Management, Enterprise Architecture, Start-ups
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension