Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biology, General @
California State Polytechnic University-Pomona
I am an operations-oriented Project Manager with proven success in leading multi-function teams to meet aggressive deliverables. I have extensive experience in: medical device, pharmaceutical, and process improvement projects; and large- and small-scale pharmaceutical operations. My key strengths are project planning principles, operations knowledge, and hands-on troubleshooting. I utilize strong organizational and relationship building skills towards improving
I am an operations-oriented Project Manager with proven success in leading multi-function teams to meet aggressive deliverables. I have extensive experience in: medical device, pharmaceutical, and process improvement projects; and large- and small-scale pharmaceutical operations. My key strengths are project planning principles, operations knowledge, and hands-on troubleshooting. I utilize strong organizational and relationship building skills towards improving operational efficiency and functional efficacy. My expertise includes:
• Project Management
• Change Management
• Customer Service
• Selection and Recruitment
• Performance Management
Specialties: Lean Green Belt, Six Sigma, MS Project Server
Project Coordinator @ Managing the launch of a new hematology diagnostic instrument from planning through completion. Facilitating both domestic and international cross-functional team meetings, including key stakeholders, core team members, and third-party manufacturers (TPMs). Serving as the primary point of contact for all project-related items, including project schedules, action items, decision logs, risk analyses, and milestones. From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Project Manager II @ Managed and executed multi-discipline projects from initiation through completion, utilizing Microsoft Project and adhering to the New Product Development (NPD) process. Served as the primary project point of contact and liaison between Management, R&D, Manufacturing, and Marketing.
• Facilitated the transition and training of the NPD process for key R&D groups
• Completed and utilized internal audit training to ensure commitment to quality, and reduction in Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs)
• Launched five laboratory consumable product lines through the project phases of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing. From August 2011 to December 2014 (3 years 5 months) Project Leader @ Managed and executed multi-million dollar projects from initiation through completion, utilizing Microsoft Project, ERP systems, and Project Development Process (PDP) essentials. Implemented facility-wide improvement initiatives in accordance with change management procedures. Served as primary liaison for Contract Manufacturing Operations (CMO) customers, R&D associates, and marketing representatives.
• Increased productivity by progressively managing multiple project types, such as medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and process improvements, resulting in expanded functional expertise.
• Completed and utilized Lean Green Belt training that reduced raw material costs by $60K per project through improved storage and accounting processes.
• Led process improvement team that achieved a 10% reduction in errors through the application of the DMAIC principles.
• Raised environmental awareness by creating a facility-wide composting program in conjunction with Waste Management Inc. From 2007 to 2011 (4 years) Assistant Supervisor @ Managed daily activities and professional development of seven manufacturing associates.
• Reduced downtime by training swing shift staff on all small- and large-scale manufacturing operations.
• Addressed concerns that raised awareness by providing safety and first responder training to swing shift personnel. From 2006 to 2007 (1 year) Manufacturing Associate IV @ Performed and coordinated cell culture operations for both CMO and R&D campaigns following SOPs and adhering to cGMPs and cGDPs.
• Raised efficiencies in Manufacturing by transferring cell culture activities from R&D.
• Received second Special Recognition Award for assisting change management activities that eliminated unnecessary procedures and reduced errors through revision of key SOPs From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Bioprocess Technician @ Performed and coordinated large-scale fermentation manufacturing operations while following SOPs and adhering to cGMPs and cGDPs.
• Updated and maintained the operation of 400L fermenters that improved quality and raised awareness through safety and operational improvements, and training of manufacturing personnel.
• Reduced turnover by identifying prospective candidates through behavioral interviewing techniques during the talent selection process.
• Received first Special Recognition Award for assisting product packaging operations that increased productivity during high volumes of marketed product. From 1999 to 2005 (6 years) Applications Engineer @ Managed and supported petrochemical storage and transportation applications. Served as primary liaison for international corporations such as Chevron, Texaco, and Shell.
• Analyzed laboratory and process data that enhanced operations and expanded the product line by implementing a new chemical application used in the transportation of refined oil to offshore tankers.
• Enhanced operations and expanded the product line by establishing a new chemical application used in the transportation of refined oil to offshore tankers. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year)
Masters of Business Administration, Operations Management @ California State University-Hayward From 2001 to 2006 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Biology, General @ California State Polytechnic University-Pomona From 1993 to 1997 Elpidio Lagunero, MBA, CPM is skilled in: Six Sigma, 5S, Lean Manufacturing, Process Improvement, Change Management, Kaizen, Value Stream Mapping, Kanban, Continuous Improvement, DMAIC, FMEA, Poka Yoke, Manufacturing, Operational Excellence, Kaizen Facilitation
Looking for a different
Elpidio Lagunero, MBA, CPM?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension