Principal- UX and Digital Strategy @ Moore and Scarry Advertising
Certificate of Completion, Gamification @
University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School
I'm a UX and interaction designer based in Dallas who firmly believes that user experience is about connecting humans to humans across any interface. I designs things that help brands tell stories, deliver on their promises and maximize their income. I've worked in startups and enterprises. Previously, I've provided user experience design for industries like network infrastructure
I'm a UX and interaction designer based in Dallas who firmly believes that user experience is about connecting humans to humans across any interface. I designs things that help brands tell stories, deliver on their promises and maximize their income. I've worked in startups and enterprises. Previously, I've provided user experience design for industries like network infrastructure and engineering, automotive retail, advertising and encrypted communication.
Former clients include Amazon, TripAdvisor, AutoTrader and a wide variety of startups. My educational background is in fine arts, psychology, and philosophy. I apply big skills to the little details as well as the big picture.
Eli have been doing UX and visual design in one form or another for about 10 years. I'm a master of lean research, quick validation and rapid prototyping. I'm familiar with the lean startup cycle, kanban, SCRUM, and other project management styles.
Outside the office I spend time doing research, playing video games, listening to indie rock and connecting with nonprofits that have big ideas about human rights and digital literacy.
User Experience Architect @ User Experience Architect-
Strategize usability solutions across multiple platforms for different audiences. Responsible for innovation and product usability enhancements on mobile and desktop. Full stack architectural skills are very important in this role, as is creating buy-in with stakeholders using a well-defined UX process.
• Collaborate with designers, developers and business team to create UX enhancements and concepts
• Function as a user advocate by understanding the end user's goals, anticipating usability problems, and designing simple, clean, elegant design solutions that help them succeed
• Work closely with product managers, and engineering subject matter experts to understand both the front-end UI and the underlying technology as well as customer and business goals.
• Hands-on development of workflows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes
• Some Coding HTML/CSS/Java script prototypes from Photoshop web layouts
• Researching analytics and user centric data to drive UX changes and enhancements
• Implementation and monitoring of A/B testing to achieve data driven goals
• Developing rich experiences for various audiences across the enterprise
• Work with requirements and translate them into simple user-friendly product components
• Create wireframe/prototype concepts that incorporate information architecture, content strategy, and contextual entry points within applications
• Work as part of the Engineering Team in an Agile/Scrum environment throughout the design and implementation process
• Perform usability research, rapid prototyping and lean validation as needed. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Dallas/Fort Worth AreaFreelancer @ Freelance graphic designer, marketer, social media maverick, business development consultant and user experience designer
• Senior stakeholder interactions, workshops, requirements gathering and business plan design
• Research trends in web design, usability, graphics, typography and social media; apply research to client and client user needs
• Design brand guidelines and standards for best practices in design, visual identity and branding
• Effective and commended brand strategist, marketer, and business developer
• Strategic Sales & Marketing Campaigns
• Executive Level Presentation & Negotiations
• Budgeting, Forecasting, & Planning for clients
• Prospecting & Lead Generation
• Key Account Acquisition & Retention
• Cross-Functional Leadership
• Customer Relationship Management
• Revenue Development and Monetization Strategy From April 2004 to Present (11 years 9 months) Principal- UX and Digital Strategy @ Played a lead role in UX and strategy for a startup built within Moore and Scarry focused on social media marketing. Collaborated with various internal and external stakeholders to deliver excellent user experience driven by data. Performed UX evangelism, demonstrating the value of UX to a business like automotive.
Lead and execute measurement, monitoring, analytics and insights strategies for digital platforms, including web, social, mobile, email and related systems. Identify gaps in existing analytics and strategize options for improving behavioral data collection and on-site analytics capabilities
Analyze user behavior and provide insights and recommendations for improving user experience, shopper attraction and lead generation. Provide in-depth analysis on traffic patterns, conversion trends, visitor paths, drop-off analysis and product research activity to provide internal business partners with actionable insights that can be cross-functionally applied
Develop and monitor visitor funnels for key website goals and identify opportunities to accelerate movement through these funnels. Identify and segment user audiences, profiles, and behaviors and provide recommendations for improving each stage of the user experience life-cycle based on user testing and research. From November 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 5 months) Founder @ • Lead research and strategy, information architecture, and interaction design to create superb user experiences.
• Develop and understand the business requirements of our clients then translate them into experiences.
• Plan and conduct user requirements gathering and analysis, competitive research, conceptual modeling and usability testing.
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, prototypes, and design specifications.Manage the interaction design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines.
• Analyze user needs and business goals to create experiences that enable users to complete tasks quickly, easily, and accurately under moderate to minimal direction.
• Use technical knowledge (including programming, Internet Web infrastructure and platforms, Web-browser technology and versions, CSS, and HTML) to produce technically achievable and efficient Web solutions
• Create documentation, including design strategy, best practices, and UI-element specifications.
• Update and write applicable documents, including policies and procedures.Facilitate and present at design reviews; presenting story boards of user navigation, content, graphic design, and UI design elements.
• Recommend improvements in Web functionality, navigation, and UI design elements that enable users and internal business clients to achieve their goals
• Test UI designs and serve as functional tester for team designs/own designs.
• Analyze competitors' Web UI designs and writing summaries. From January 2012 to September 2014 (2 years 9 months) Contract Graphic Designer @ • Provide logo design overhaul
• Assess web usability and assist with marketing and site design.
• Develop Pixel Pusher logo
• Gather analytics and data on client user base for brand positioning
• Market research for growth opportunities From September 2013 to October 2013 (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior UX/Project Manager @ This position included responsibilities as Project Manager, Lead Sales/Marketing and Designer
• Successfully developed brand positioning for clients, including web design and user interfaces, print materials and other promotional materials.
• Managed successful traditional print and social media advertising including social media strategy audits, analytics monitoring, traffic development, SEO, and ad buys.
• Acted as a key business strategist in an account manager position, interacting with clients in a sales and requirements gathering role. Advised clients on emerging technologies and opportunities. Developed monetization strategies for a portfolio of over 30 clients.
• Managed content marketing strategies, web copy and keyword placement for over 20 clients.
• Designed web and print graphics and materials as needed in a fast paced environment.
• Web Administration
• Google Analytics
• Google AdWords
• Google Apps
• Sharepoint From October 2011 to June 2013 (1 year 9 months) UX Strategist @ Approached to provide local marketing materials, business development strategies, social media materials as well as an internal re-branding campaign to members. Worked collaboratively on events and promotions as well as creating and strategizing traditional media campaigns, fundraising and designed such materials as needed.
• Successfully managed strategic, creative and technical implementation of custom advertising programs for small businesses utilizing proprietary software.
• Armed the local sales team with product marketing tools needed to effectively sell across the network, including sales presentations, product packaging, audience research, and competitive intelligence
• Was featured in the local newspaper for marketing efforts and successfully generating income to chamber of commerce members.
• Managed sales meetings, requirements gathering, client correspondence and marketing campaign design for external clients. Designed banner advertising, web properties and other promotional materials for such clients as needed. From December 2012 to April 2013 (5 months) UI/UX Designer @ Tasked with leading communication design, user interface design, print projects and more, we built Open Assembly.Org a digital democracy engine, built for online decision making.
• Created web applications for multiple clients in healthcare and education, leveraging social media channels to help businesses stay competitive and build customer loyalty.
• Create and customize software applications and tools using advanced development and coding techniques. Manage all phases of application design from coding and prototyping through system testing, integration and deployment.
• Served as a chamber of commerce web & marketing consultant, developing strategies to leverage SEO, social media and other forms of online marketing to increase local business sales.
• Junior developer on OpenAssembly.Org, a collaborative democracy engine for activists, groups and small organizations. I am still heavily involved in expansion, gamification and design of the new system
We built and fully sponsored/crowdfunded a music festival in collaboration with a community, experimenting with new models of funding for projects, services and marketing, while trying to make a positive impact in the community. We were successful in this endeavor with 6 weeks of work time from concept to completion. From June 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 7 months) Brand Strategy Consultant @ • Coordinated social media strategy for brand development, marketing and reputation management.
• Designed and developed promotional materials, marketing campaigns, specials, and managed revenue with the owner.
• Provided experience to direct sales and marketing online and in print media.
• Practiced community development around the brand, using tools like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to build brand awareness, promote specials and connect with audience.
• Results yielded an overall 45% increase in foot traffic and sales over 11 months. From November 2011 to October 2012 (1 year) Tulsa, Oklahoma AreaExpressive Therapy Facilitator @ I was in charge of facilitating and developing a curriculum of dialectical behaviour therapy groups for teenagers. Responsibilities included creating groups, facilitating them, and recording the information of those groups for use by other medical staff. Furthermore there was a lot of program design and curriculum development, user experience research and testing for optimization in an iterative environment.
• In direct care position, provide education in coping-techniques, meditation,
• Bibliotherapy, and Art-Therapy in a largely independent position with room for creative problem-solving for treatment barriers.
• Delivered effective results to patients through a mix of curriculum development, empathetic responses and active listening.
• Created written material and participated in the implementation of a new treatment
program at the facility which was skills based with measurable outcomes.
• Utilized Dialectical Behavioral Therapy as a skill base for cutting-edge, effective, successful work in Borderline Personality Disorder treatment.
• Developed and implemented a wide skill-set for treatment program to improve instruction methods and the overall education environment.
• Led a team of individuals in creating and implementing changes that led to a 43%
increase in treatment success for program graduates. From December 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 1 month) Youth/Associate Pastor @ • Developed Youth Curriculum and Education
• Taught Sunday school, midweek services and assigned homework/tasks as necessary
• Led all student volunteer and fundraising activities
• Assisted with managerial/clerical duties associated with church management including budgeting and website maintenance.
• Designed promotional materials for both web and print.
• Maintained supporting role, providing religious guidance, spiritual formation and other clerical duties such as preaching, prayer and bible studies. From September 2009 to October 2010 (1 year 2 months) Fort Myers, Florida AreaSupport Technician @ • Provided computer help desk support via telephone communications with end-users on multiple devices
• Performed diagnostics and troubleshooting of system issues, documented help desk tickets/resolutions, and maintained equipment inventory lists.
• Provided repair evaluations across technologies and interfaces
• Rated an exceptional employee, meeting all targets consistently
• Windows XP, Vista
• MS Office
• CISCO Routers
• MS Exchange
• VPN/Securid From January 2007 to June 2008 (1 year 6 months) Co Owner @ Real Estate Developer/Design Director/Account Executive:
• Developed and coordinated projects and linked short term investment projects with buyers in a fast-paced market.
• Flipped properties and handled client interactions, lead generation, marketing and design of promotional materials.
• Managed a portfolio of various development and interior design projects worth $2.5M.
• Designed promotional materials and marketing elements as necessary using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
• Increased revenue in development projects by $300K using lean productivity and increasing worker effectiveness.
• Slashed operations overhead by reducing fixed costs, and restructuring resource allocation saving $500k over 4 years through headcount reduction and optimizing hiring criteria.
• Manage a team of 30+ construction workers increasing output and streamlining production through effective hands-on project management.
• Generated $2MM in new revenue and projects over 4 years through marketing and acquisitions.
• Exited company with substantial profit. From January 2004 to December 2007 (4 years) Greater Los Angeles Area
Certificate of Completion, Innovation and Creativity @ Harvard Business School From 2015 to 2015 Certificate of Completion, Gamification @ University of Pennsylvania - The Wharton School From 2011 to 2011 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Theology/Theological Studies, 3.95 Cumulative GPA @ Oral Roberts University From 2007 to 2010 Associate of Arts (AA), Graphic Design @ College of the Desert From 2004 to 2006 Eli Silva is skilled in: Marketing, Public Speaking, User Experience, Leadership, User Interface Design, Social Media, Social Media Marketing, Digital Marketing, Entrepreneurship, SEO, Product Strategy, Content Marketing, WordPress, Copywriting, Graphic Design