Senior Management Accountant / Finance System Update Project Manager @ The Fred Hollows Foundation
Financial Accounting Manager - Television @ Seven West Media
Group Accountant @ Seven West Media
Non-award courses, Tax Law/Taxation; Financial Accounting; Corp Law @
Senior Management Accountant / Finance System Update Project Manager @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Financial Accounting Manager - Television @ During the restructure of the Finance Department a Television financial accounting team has been created and I had received a CFO’s approval to move into the newly created role of financial accounting manager for
Senior Management Accountant / Finance System Update Project Manager @ From May 2015 to Present (6 months) Financial Accounting Manager - Television @ During the restructure of the Finance Department a Television financial accounting team has been created and I had received a CFO’s approval to move into the newly created role of financial accounting manager for the Television business unit.
My current responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- supporting the Head of Finance – Television and the Group Financial Controller;
- managing the month end process, consolidation and reporting of results;
- balance sheet and cash flow analysis;
- analysis of and commentaries on variances to budget and forecast;
- provision of technical advice, training and assistance to business units;
- ensuring the integrity of financial processes, periodical reviewing and improving company’s accounting policies;
- management and development of a team of three brilliant financial accountants;
- statutory reporting for the TV business unit, liaising with auditors, facilitating the results release presentations;
- maintaining and improving the chart of accounts and reviewing general ledgers of TV entities;
- BAS, FBT and Income Tax reporting for TV entities;
- coordinating the NGER reporting for the group;
- preparing ACMA licence fee reporting, performing the internal audit of broadcasting revenue.
• Took the lead in one of the directions of finance systems upgrade project researching the pros and cons of acquiring the TM1 by Seven and presenting the detailed case scenario to the project team. I had learnt a great deal about the TM1 system and acquired some valuable project management skills.
• Successfully organised my team’s workload to free up time for the training and pivotal contribution to the ERP system upgrade (Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) consolidation system and Oracle BI suit). From May 2014 to April 2015 (1 year) Pyrmont, New South WalesGroup Accountant @ The Group Accountant role had been created in response to my growing appetite for more responsibilities and coincided with the Corporate Accounting Manager leaving the company. At this time our reporting department underwent a reshuffle of responsibilities and as a result in my new role I was responsible for:
- assisting the Group Finance Manager with preparation of consolidated financial statements for the group, tax effect accounting and impairment testing;
- group management reporting (month end process; commentaries on results and analysis of variances to budget and forecast);
- developing financial accounting procedures and reporting processes;
- financial accounting, budgeting and forecasting for the group and corporate companies;
- balance sheet accounts reconciliation and general ledger review;
- preparation of reporting packages for individual group companies;
- liaising with and providing assistance to the auditors;
- providing technical advice and assistance to the business units;
- assisting the Reporting Manager with preparation of half year and year end statutory reports 4D/4E, audit committee papers, analyst's presentations and results releases;
- assisting the Treasurer with hedge accounting and special purposes bank reports.
• Developed and owned the Databook, or CFO’s right hand book. Containing both financial and non- financial data on all areas of the business the Databook serves as a main point of reference.
• Investigated and analysed issues around complexity of management reporting. Initiated and positively contributed to the project on review and simplification of Chart of Accounts.
• Greatly contributed to the development of new monthly management accounts dashboard model initiated by the CFO. The new Board reporting pack had only 63 informative, straight to the point pages, vs 270 pages in the previous pack.
• Took the initiative to redesign the weekly flash report for the Board in line with the new monthly dashboard. From April 2012 to May 2014 (2 years 2 months) sydney area, australiaFinancial Accountant @ In this role I assisted to the Corporate Accounting Manager with management reporting, financial accounting and statutory reporting. I was also responsible for accounting for head office and corporate companies, chart of accounts maintenance, preparation of weekly flash results reports and special purposes reports, providing training, technical advice and assistance to business units and finance staff.
• Actively assisted the Group Finance Manager with complex acquisition accounting for creation of Seven West Media Limited in April 2011 when West Australian Newspapers Holdings Limited acquired Seven Media Group;
• Successfully performed a makeover of Chart of Accounts and management reports to accommodate the needs of a newly created group (SWM);
• Assisted the group’s IT team and Systems Accountant with the business rules for the new in-house developed reporting software. From August 2010 to March 2012 (1 year 8 months) Pyrmont NSWAssistant Financial Accountant @ Assisted to my manager with management, financial and statutory reporting, month end journals, balance sheet accounts reconciliations, ABS surveys and all other ad hoc tasks.
• Managed the half year statutory reporting and monthly reporting processes, including the work of a contracting accountant, for five months in 2010. When my manager at the time suddenly left the company due to unforeseen personal circumstances, I took on her duties, successfully meeting reporting deadlines.
• Actively participated in creation of the new reporting system for Seven Group Holdings Limited (SGH) based on FinanceOne accounting software in collaboration with systems accountant and Ernst & Young consultant. (SGH was formed as a result of a merger of Seven Network Limited and WesTrac Group in May 2010). From January 2008 to August 2010 (2 years 8 months) pyrmont, new south walesAssistant Accountant @ Full accounts payable function including processing of invoices, reconciliation of trade creditors accounts, scheduling of payments and liaison with suppliers and creditors;
bank reconciliation, GL maintenance, processing and recording daily cafï¿œs takings, daily cash and bank operations;
assisting with preparation of BAS and Income Tax returns, assisting with payroll. From December 2005 to January 2008 (2 years 2 months) The Rocks, SydneyBusiness Analyst @ RUMB is a medium wholesale oil company in Russia. It operates a chain of petrol stations in Siberia as well as trades oil and various types of fuel.
My role was to manage data sources and data base, implement fact-based analysis and modelling of the future petrol sale trends across various types of petrol; analyse supply chain, operating costs and income structure; evaluate cost effectiveness and risks of operations and activities in order to inform the management of opportunities to increase cash flow and profitability; provide management with regular updates and presentations on petrol stations business performance together with detailed analysis of both supply chain and customer base.
• Created,implementedandmaintainedanoperatingcostsanalysisandperformanceassessmentmodel using Microsoft Excel to inform management of cost saving opportunities.
• Initiated and performed an internal audit which resulted in uncovering and reporting to senior management fraudulent activities, enabling the company to recover $100,000. From April 2002 to September 2005 (3 years 6 months) Amur Region, Russian Federation
CPA, CPA Program @ CPA Australia From 2007 to 2011 Non-award courses, Tax Law/Taxation; Financial Accounting; Corp Law @ Sydney University From 2006 to 2006 Bachelor (Honours), Economics; Accounting @ Far East State Agrarian University From 1997 to 2004 Elena Kross is skilled in: Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Accounting, Managerial Finance, Financial Analysis, Forecasting, Budgets, Microsoft Excel, Financial Accounting, Account Reconciliation, Analysis, Variance Analysis, Quick Thinker, Learning Quickly, Pay Close Attention to..., Organized Multi-tasker, Flexible to Change, Management Accounting, Statutory Accounting, General Ledger, Project Accounting, Budget Process, Consolidated Financial..., Revenue Recognition, Accruals, Year-end Close, Balance Sheet, Year End Accounts, Cost Accounting, Monthly Close, Financial Statements, Consolidation, Ledger, Journal Entries, IFRS
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension