Bachelor of Arts (BA) @
State University of New York at Albany
I have a passion for people! I am energized by interaction with others, and am seeking the opportunity to employ and develop my passion with an exceptional company. I am performance driven professional with experience in facilitating support services, strong customer service and communication skills along with the ability to independently manage and plan human resource affairs.
I have a passion for people! I am energized by interaction with others, and am seeking the opportunity to employ and develop my passion with an exceptional company. I am performance driven professional with experience in facilitating support services, strong customer service and communication skills along with the ability to independently manage and plan human resource affairs. I have a proven track record in coaching, training and development, HR metrics, compliance and decreasing employee relations issues. I have demonstrated a demonstrated ability to build positive relationships at all levels. Excellent team building, conflict management and interpersonal skills. Proven adaptability and ability to flourish in high pressure and fast paced environments. Currently seeking to experience professional growth with an outstanding company and obtain valuable experience to build further expertise within the Human Resources industry.
Human Resources Coordinator @ • Served as the single point of contact, for employees at the LEGOLAND Attraction. Providing administrative and transactional HR support for all employees and managers.
• Coordinating and managing the recruitment process from creating the requisition, sourcing and selection, interviewing, background/reference check and drug testing /I-9 verifications.
• Proficient in Agile, Taleo Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS)
• Identifying, reviewing, and advising on tasks related to HR administration, creating employment strategies and developing monthly HR KPI’s to display the strategic impact of employee retention, turnover , cost per hire , human capital ROI on corporate business objectives.
• Interpreting, assisting and advising employees and managers regarding HR policies, employee relations, leave management, benefit administration, time and attendance, workman’s compensation, FMLA, ADA, EEOC, etc.
• Supervising the payroll process, entering payroll adjustments, and approving time for hourly and salaried employees in Ceridian Timepro.
• Establishing and organizing the maintenance of department records, ensuring complete accuracy and confidentiality for all personnel records. Entering all personnel data within our HRIS system Ceridian HR/Payroll and Ceridian Dayforce HCM.
• Responsible for all documentation concerning, terminations, demotions, promotions and data changes. Approving termination, demotions and promotions in partnership with the GM.
• Advising on management of key human resource issues; Investigating human resource related issues and making recommendations to the organization for a plan of action.
• Serving as the “employee champion,” spearheading initiatives for employee engagement, recognition, community outreach, and placing a strong emphasis on activities that increase employee retention and add value to their experience with the company. From September 2015 to Present (4 months) Payroll Specialist @ • Responsible for end to end payroll processing for both Credit Suisse and The City of New Orleans.
• Utilizing the Enterprise HRIS system in conjunction with several payroll/HR interfaces to facilitate a comprehensive HR/payroll service, which involves a high level of technical and analytical insight in terms federal and state compliance . Extensive knowledge of employment law, labor analytics, and employee relations best practices.
• Completing HR data management and HRIS transactions (ie. medical leaves, employee status changes, new hires , analyzing employee data , and benefits orientation )
• Proficient in most HR /Payroll software platforms including Enterprise Ev5, Peoplefluent, Peoplesoft, HRIS , CRM Seibel ,COS Desktop, Red Carpet , ADPR , E-Time , Kronos, etc.
• Managing our global talent resources in India, integrally involved in spearheading the training program for our India associates, creating curriculum, training guides, and interactive training modules and conferences in order for them to learn our HR products and software and to seamlessly align them with HR administration, benefit administration and payroll procedure’s.
• Support the implementation of global hr/payroll policies, procedures, and controls. Ensuring that adequate internal and external controls are maintained and followed. From June 2014 to July 2015 (1 year 2 months) HR Support Specialist- Retail Sales Operations @ • The primary responsibility of my position is to manage employee compliance and scheduling, and ensure that daily coverage is met for all 46 Target US Retail locations/ 140 part time employees within my jurisdiction. Involves in depth knowledge of employee relations, performance improvement, organization development/effectiveness , analytics & data metrics, payroll auditing and project management.
• Weekly payroll auditing, ensuring that employees have submitted approved timecards, entering payroll changes, correcting time inaccuracies , and investigating overtime discrepancies.
• Listening to HR related issues and concerns of employees and bringing these concerns to the attention of senior HR managers. Ensuring 100% compliance with federal/state employment laws. (Ie. FMLA, ADA , COBRA, EEO)
• Maintaining a solid understanding of HR and business operations to maintain employee data and formulate relevant reports to management in a timely fashion, in order to streamline our performance management program.
• Also require extensive interpersonal skills, ability to coach and train on the job staff, and identify issues in our operation and plan collectively to solve them with cross-functional units within the organization toward successful outcomes. From September 2013 to June 2014 (10 months) Family Worker @ • Responsible for implementing and facilitating Special Education policy and procedure.
• Communicating appropriate feedback between parents and teachers to ensure they are aware of the special needs and accommodations that need to be made for the child.
• Finalizing and proofreading IEP's ( individualized educational programs) with professional staff including speech therapists, occupational therapists, child psychologist, nurses etc. , to ensure there is a solid plan of action in compliance with Dept of Education standards. Involves significant proficiency in all MS Office applications to complete IEP’s. From April 2013 to August 2013 (5 months) Flight Attendant @ • Ensure the safety and comfort of every passenger, represent employer in a professional manner and appearance.
• Responsible for operating domestic flights for Delta Airlines and United Continental Airlines, using their Embraer 175 and 170 aircrafts.
• Successfully completed a 4 weeks training program, in a wide range of safety procedures, including CPR , general first aid , use of the AED Defribulator system, water, fire, and other inflight emergencies.
• Received a Federal Aviation /Dept. of Transportation Airman’s Certificate From February 2011 to July 2012 (1 year 6 months) Guest Service Agent @ • Responsible for managing front desk operations, being hospitable to guests visiting our hotel and mediating any guest disputes that may arise.
• Monitored guest room inventory, investigating accuracy in credit card information provided and ensuring that payment is secured. Proficient in hotel management software including Opera, Holidex and Perform Revenue Management Systems.
• Maximized room revenue, by controlling sell limits, price range, and overbooking margins for our property.
• Have been mentioned on many occasions on Tripadvisor.com for exemplary and outstanding customer service From August 2010 to February 2011 (7 months) Intern @ • Studied planning and engineering practices of Disney’s Sportscape Property.
• Serviced thousands of customers at Disney’s All Star Café, and was trained in various customer service procedures and languages to deliver the best diversified customer relations.
• Resolved guest disputes with services at the restaurant. From January 2008 to May 2008 (5 months) Orlando, Florida Area
Master of Science (M.S.), Human Resources Management/Personnel Administration, General @ Walden University From 2012 to 2014 Bachelor of Arts (BA), Urban Studies/Affairs & Business Administration @ State University of New York at Albany From 2006 to 2010 Elecktra HRM is skilled in: Training, Management, Software Documentation, Customer Service, Human Resources, Employee Relations, Coaching, Microsoft Office, HRIS, Personnel Management, Time Management, Team Building, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Recruiting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension