Accomplished senior technology financial executive with strong operational experience in both corporate and startup environments. Strong business acumen and execution-focused – able to formulate and communicate practical strategies that work. Outstanding financial management skills with deep IPO preparation experience including banker selection and management, S-1 filings, financial team scaling and investor roadshows. Hallmarks of operating style include
Accomplished senior technology financial executive with strong operational experience in both corporate and startup environments. Strong business acumen and execution-focused – able to formulate and communicate practical strategies that work. Outstanding financial management skills with deep IPO preparation experience including banker selection and management, S-1 filings, financial team scaling and investor roadshows. Hallmarks of operating style include open, honest and robust dialog. Career highlights include:
• Filed 6 S-1/S-1As over a one year period, initially having leveraged external experts and ultimately transitioning to fully owned and executed by expanded team
• Instrumental in raising in excess of $30MM in capital for three early/mid stage enterprises, plus term sheets for an additional $30MM in mezzanine debt.
• Strong experience with investment bank selection, non-deal roadshows and investor presentations
• Substantially increased a startup's growth by strategically repositioning the company, rebuilding the team, and driving a greater ability to execute throughout the business.
• Successfully revamped a corporate business unit by formulating a new strategy, and re-engaging the team to produce results
MBA, Stanford University Graduate School of Business; Member of Financial Executives International
CFO Advisory @ Providing strategic, operational and financial advisory to several venture and privately backed companies in the enterprise software and services arena. Sample engagements include:
• Actively restructuring a top-tier venture backed SaaS marketing solution for enterprises including team and expense rationalization, debt restructuring and operating cadence
• Aiding in raising capital for a VC backed enterprise provider of services
• Advising a privately backed provider of renewal services through growth and expansion, capital facilitation From 2014 to Present (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaSVP & CFO @ Chief Financial Officer of the leading third-party provider of enterprise software support services. With more than 450 global, Fortune 500, midmarket and public sector organizations from virtually all industries, clients depend on Rimini Street as their trusted independent provider of enterprise software support. From 2012 to 2014 (2 years) San Francisco Bay AreaVP, Business Operations, MediaWorks @ Served as 'COO' of this $130MM division of Monster, as the right hand of the unit’s SVP & General Manager. Division specializes in performance marketing/lead generation, across a number of Monster properties primarily aimed at the education sector. From 2010 to 2011 (1 year) Vice President, Finance & Marketplace Operations @ Led the Finance organization, along with Marketplace Operations - included customer service, fraud and community - for this global outsourcing marketplace. Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors, including Benchmark Capital, Sigma Partners and Globespan Capital, oDesk had grown over 4500% since 2004 and won Red Herring’s Top 100 and #1 in Deloitte’s Rising Stars for Technology Fast 500. From 2006 to 2010 (4 years) GM, Intuit Developer Network @ Full P&L responsibility for this business unit focused on enabling and marketing 3rd party solutions that integrate with QuickBooks and other small business products for Intuit's small business customers. Led the successful turnaround of this $30 million business unit by revamping the team's strategy and focus, instilling a culture of execution and building a high performing team. Results included increasing usage of developer solutions over 30% and a quadrupling customer traffic to the solutions marketplace. Prior to this role, served as a Group Manager, Internet Services Group, with GM responsibility for identifying, evaluating, implementing and managing Quickbooks integrated internet services for small business customers. From 2000 to 2006 (6 years) Co-founder & CFO @ Co-founded this tech-enabled business process outsourcing company aimed at providing accounting and other financial services to startups and small businesses. Led all financial and accounting activities, working with auditors and investors. Successfully secured $1.3M in investor financing and negotiated credit capital lines of nearly $2MM. From 1997 to 2000 (3 years) Business Consultant/Internal Auditor @ Provided leadership for diverse projects across worldwide operations with products in the pharmaceutical, consumer, animal health, and clinical laboratories. Assessed adequacy of operational & financial controls of business units in Brazil, Canada, India, Mexico, and the U.S. Analyzed the company’s Animal Health export operation and designed improvements for managing credit risk exposure and reducing bad debt. From 1992 to 1995 (3 years) Senior Consultant @ Served on a variety of client projects including programming, systems design, business analysis, and full-scale reengineering implementation. From 1988 to 1992 (4 years)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ Stanford University Graduate School of Business From 1995 to 1997 BA @ University of Pennsylvania From 1984 to 1988 Ed Schaffer is skilled in: Start-ups, Strategic Planning, Financial Analysis, Financial Management, Financial Planning, Corporate Finance, Operations Management, Financial Accounting, Finance, Process Improvement, Venture Capital, Strategic Financial Planning, Managerial Finance, Small Business, Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension