Senior level Solutions Architect, Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer and Engineering Manager offering 15+ years of international business development in the Digital Broadcast Industry developing a number of “firsts” in the industry, delivering complex systems on time and on budget with projects ranging from $3 million-$32 million. Active on the leading edge of advanced digital television developments,
Senior level Solutions Architect, Technical Account Manager, Sales Engineer and Engineering Manager offering 15+ years of international business development in the Digital Broadcast Industry developing a number of “firsts” in the industry, delivering complex systems on time and on budget with projects ranging from $3 million-$32 million. Active on the leading edge of advanced digital television developments, able to leverage the latest technology for system design and deployment creating the best overall systems for return on investment and future proofed systems. Recognized for creating strong industry relationships and effectively managing/developing teams of design and deployment engineers and adapting quickly to new technologies and network environments. Proficient in Cloud services, VMware and related virtualization technologies including Datacenter and OTT services.
Technical expertise: Capabilities with all widely used methods of digital content and program delivery, including DTH (satellite), interactive broadband (cable and telco-IPTV) and terrestrial over-the-air (MMDS, ATSC and DVBt). Equally knowledgeable in deploying and working with NTSC or PAL and all compression formats, e.g. HD/SD MPEG2 and H.264 (including all audio formats used).
Director of Solutions Engineering - US @ Aneiva - Innovating the Video Edge. Directing Sales Engineering efforts in North America. Responsible for all sales support efforts including designing OTT video streaming up to and including the CDN networks. Understanding of how the full distribution network happens is a result of years of being in video network design. At Anevia I was responsible for business development efforts for all activities in North America. Responsible for developing VAR and OEM relationships. Worked with HTTP TCP/IP networks using DNS (primary and secondary) for web services. From June 2014 to April 2015 (11 months) CaliforniaConsultant @ Helped with product manual and product design From August 2013 to November 2013 (4 months) SF Bay Area/New JerseyOwner @ I have worked with a number of different companies including Blonder Tongue (http://www.blondertongue.com/) and Cardinal Peak (http://www.cardinalpeak.com/) doing design, testing and deployment of Digital Video Networks. I am at the forefront of the technology curve regarding the design and delivery of video networks including but not limited to conventional video delivery, OTT, CDN and other terrestrial video networks. From May 2013 to August 2013 (4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSr. Solutions Architect @ Motorola Mobility, Santa Clara, CA (Now Arris) 2011 – 2013
Major supplier to Multi-System Operators (MSO), Telco’s and Satellite companies providing end to end digital video solutions for a rich media experience.
Senior Staff Solutions Architect
Recruited to design digital delivery solutions for all Tier One MSO’s in North America using the Motorola Cherry Picker Stat-Mux solution ad insertion device and other Motorola products
• Designed and implemented features for enhanced monitoring of the Motorola Cherry Picker product for Times Warner Cable (TWC)
• Redesigned and implemented Time Warner Cable’s Digital TV’s control and distribution network for Northeast US operations.
• Partnering with the core engineering team, designed an enhanced heat exchange solution for the racking and stacking of the Cherry Picker product
• Authored documentation regarding “Cherry Picker” solutions for customer systems From November 2011 to May 2013 (1 year 7 months) Santa Clara, CASr. Staff Integration Engineer @ RGB Networks, with 200+ employees, supplies MSO’s and Telco’s in North America using the RGB BNP platform to enable end to end digital television experience.
Senior Staff System Design Engineer
Responsible for designing and supporting networks using the RGB BNP technology for ad splicing and rate shaping of digital video.
• Resolved network problems at customer site keeping customer on air rather than having dead air time
• Repurposed digital headend for use with RGB gear “just in time” for a significant company event
• Supported Canadian customer resolving ad splicing problems; saved significant ad revenue loss From January 2005 to June 2009 (4 years 6 months) Sunnyvale, CAStaff Consulting Engineer @ Arroyo Video provided a distributed Video On Demand platform to MSO’s in North America
Consulting Engineer Project Manager
Responsible for supporting tradeshow activities and customer deployments
• Designed and built a state of the art demo room for AVS.
• Devised and led system architecture for multiple customer deployments
• Provided technical marketing and support at tradeshows. From March 2004 to July 2005 (1 year 5 months) Sr. Project Engineer @ Bigband Networks supplied MSO’s with their BMR solution to enable video stat-muxing and ad insertion
Sr. Project Management Engineer (Contract)
• Led the team that deployed the “first” commercially available Switched Digital Video network at Time Warner Cable in Austin, TX.
• Partnering with core engineering team, enhanced interfaces for the control system for the SDV system. From 2005 to 2005 (less than a year) Mountain View, CACTO @ ConversionOne, Fremont, CA 2000 – 2004
Established consulting firm to design and build digital video solutions for a variety of end users including Sony STB development lab, Cisco, Look Communications and Harmonic Inc.
Principal and Design Engineer
• Designed and deployed custom digital television distribution systems and solutions including audio/video networks as well as data WAN/LAN control and distribution design.
• Designed and built a cable head-end for the Sony STB development group in Rancho Bernardo, CA worth $3 million.
• Established Business Development, Marketing and Strategic Alliance relationships resulting in new sales and system delivery capabilities From 2000 to 2003 (3 years) Fremont, CASystems Architect @ I was responsible for designing and in some cases building MPEG2 digital television systems for both the MSO's (Time Warner, Comcast, Brighthouse) and the Telco's (Verizon, GTE). This included technical project management and the pre-sales support leading up to the project being sold. From 1999 to 2000 (1 year) Systems Architect @ Same as they were at Harmonic. From 1994 to 2000 (6 years) Sr. Systems Architect Divisys @ From 1994 to 2000 (6 years)
Dwight Burchak is skilled in: MPEG, IPTV, Telecommunications, Set Top Box, VOD, Digital TV, Integration, H.264, DVB, MPEG2, Digital Video, DRM, Streaming Media, Satellite, TCP/IP, Project Management, Video, WiFi, MPEG-4, IP, Wireless, Broadband, System Architecture, Broadcast, Strategy, Digital Media, Ethernet, DOCSIS, RF, Mobile Devices, Conditional Access, Interactive TV, Troubleshooting, Strategic Partnerships, Sound, Video Compression, Product Management, Software Documentation, Cloud Computing, Product Marketing, Linux, SNMP, Engineering, Routing, Marketing, Sales Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension