Leader - Strategic Corp Accts @ Honeywell International
Staff, Gov Program Manager @ Honeywell International Inc – Aerospace Adv Technology
Ph.D., Electrical Engineering @
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
18-year professional career in business development & leadership with Key strengths in selling integrated security solutions. Proven ability to define and deploy advanced physical security solutions with High degree of proficiency in system design, proposals, and project mgmt; executive development in business strategy, and International sales of homeland security in the US, Middle East, North Africa, and
18-year professional career in business development & leadership with Key strengths in selling integrated security solutions. Proven ability to define and deploy advanced physical security solutions with High degree of proficiency in system design, proposals, and project mgmt; executive development in business strategy, and International sales of homeland security in the US, Middle East, North Africa, and Europe; Additional 15+ years serving R&D and high-tech innovations:
• Proven expertise in business development for national security, intelligence community, critical infrastructure protection, surveillance, access control, intrusion systems, border control, enterprise video analytics, radar & sonar systems, and Biometrics technologies
• Multi-year international sales and senior leadership roles in large business environment in the Middle East & North Africa with a particular focus on High Growth regions & emerging countries in ME, North Africa and Turkey. Delivered outstanding growth revenue and solid profit growth
• Extensive channel mgmt experience and success in interfacing with clients at all levels from mgmt to executives at multinational corporations and senior government leadership
• Proven track record of experience with large installations of Access Control, CCTV, Radar Video Surveillance, and Intrusion Detection systems, Integrated Industrial Security solutions to serve the government contracts, commercial, oil & gas, petrochemical and defense
• Adept in bringing company resources together with a natural leadership ability to effectively lead pursue and book business opportunities and support development during conceptual, implementation, and marketing phases
• Business & technology savvy with hands-on tools for leading the business to excellence.
• Value added through excellent communications, mentoring, leading multi-disciplinary team.
General Manager @ Responsible for the business leadership & growth with an annual sales P&L, strategic and tactical oversight of the security business development and partnering activities in the Middle East, Africa, and Turkey regions:
• Exceptional track record for topping the records of the sales since the creation of the business in Middle East, while ensuring YoY significant growth in the business.
• Spearheaded territory management to take products from marginal share to a share leader in access control and brought in the right CCTV products & services for the local ME market to fuel further our steady revenue growth
• Improved brand management in the territory to increase market share. Ensured the company’s total coverage while focusing heavily on the high growth regions and emerging countries.
• Amassed a long list of successful security pursuits under my leadership to serve Honeywell clients in the region. Have exceeded revenue targets, improved and maintained margins, built & managed both regional and international sales organizations.
• Grow System Offering - Turning ordinary orders to a multimillion sale opportunity for Honeywell. We were able to tout the benefits of our leading access control platform to sell more of Honeywell products and create new strategic clients. Was able to persuade our client base to turn small recurring orders to a fully integrated system that benefited our client and captured more sales for the company.
• Championed major accounts and led negotiations and technical presentation at the executive level with major industrial companies, including Shell, Total, Qatar Petroleum, QAPCO, ARAMCO, SABIC, Petro Rabigh, ExxonMobil, Midland Refinery Company. From November 2010 to Present (5 years 2 months) Leader - Strategic Corp Accts @ Responsible for International sales in support of the Critical Infrastructure protection and defense security projects; Led over $125M Integrated Security Accounts with strategic customers in the region.
• Provided advisory services in critical infrastructure protection and advanced security design consultancy to Honeywell businesses and to our partners across Middle East
• Conducted vulnerability & threat assessments and developed risk mitigation strategies to protect clients’ critical assets
• Led key successful customer meetings with a mind set to close a deal; worked closely with existing customers to develop new market opportunities and expanded existing business base for Honeywell security team
• Organizational analysis with responsibilities to realize and maximize market opportunities, and coordinating strategies between Honeywell divisions
• Given my technical security background and technical proficiency with CCTV, Radar, and Access Control technology, I have supported and led the designs of large industrial security jobs using Honeywell security portfolio complemented with 3rd party security offerings
• Have led all technical and sales efforts in Middle East and North Africa related to Honeywell Radar Video Surveillance (RVS) bids which led to major Honeywell bookings throughout the past three years. From September 2009 to November 2010 (1 year 3 months) Staff, Gov Program Manager @ Succeeded in leveraging surveillance, reconnaissance, and security systems while seeking growth opportunities with national security, US air force, and defense:
• Led business development efforts for homeland security-related projects. Managed business outreach to customers in law enforcement, intelligence community, and defense
• Successfully met revenue targets in sales by being vital player in booking multi-million contracts. Top record booking of largest contracts in biometrics; led the iris/facial technology development for more than 5 years
• Led efforts to expand our technology portfolio to key regional military and intelligence agencies, i.e. iris and facial recognition for DARPA, and reconnaissance systems developed under NASA programs
• Established strategic partnerships with leading technology providers and systems integrators for joint solution development and business development initiatives to bid for government bids
• Served as project manager for high-profile projects with the intelligence community, and Government officials; Served as project manager of a multi-disciplinary team of technologists, growing project revenues by over 150% after first year
• Led business development efforts, including negotiating pricing, scope, statements of work, staffing, and execution plans of multi-million dollar projects. From July 1995 to October 2009 (14 years 4 months) Building Solution Sales Manager @ Defining and driving all aspects of sales, marketing, competitor and business opportunity analysis, and development of business plan to achieve outstanding sales growth. Responsible on the execution of strategic and tactical sales plans. Have assumed responsibility for meeting agreed P&L revenue targets:
• Carried out all levels of sales and marketing processes, including Six Sigma Plus & DFSS methodology in business development to capture and retain strategic accounts in Middle East
• Site visit and technical meetings with consultants and contractors—Handled Consultant and customer relationships, system design, configuration, specification & compliance, pricing, project estimates, 3rd party integration, sub-contractors procurement and negotiations
• Led all face-to-face negotiations, spending much of my time visiting prospective clients in Saudi as well as in the Golf region. Developed and executed sales and estimating strategies while working with cross-functional team and other ME organizations to develop project execution plans for key regional pursuits
• Proven prospective and closing skills – Achieved top record in bookings. Under my leadership, our 2003-2004 sales record has outperformed all previous years bookings with a 49% growth in sales
• Led the development of job scope and price estimating activities —Handled Consultant and customer relationships, system design, configuration, specification & compliance, pricing, project estimates, sub-contractors procurement and negotiations. Because of my technical background, I have easily gained customer trust.
• Led the development of proposal generation —prepared design and cost estimates of our security, access control, Fire Systems, HVAC based on the specifications, preparing technical submittal From March 2003 to August 2005 (2 years 6 months) Staff Scientist @ Led a team of Scientist for advanced video processing; team was in Prague, Bangalore, and Minneapolis. Developed solutions in video compressions, intelligent recording, surveillance systems, motion detection, acoustic measurements, reconnaissance, facial and iris systems part of Honeywell Access Control solution offerings; Invented & earned over +46 US & international pending patents.
My business skills coupled with my technical expertise in system design, surveillance, security systems including intrusion detection, object tracking using advanced signal, image and video processing enabled me to easily serve and impress various customers and deliver high quality technical solutions using leading edge physical security and access control solution:
• Honeywell Aviation Enterprise Initiative—Airport Hub Operation, airport security solutions (vehicle monitoring and tracking)
• Digital Integration of Video for Airport Security–integration and automation of a network of video cameras to detect and track people and activities at the Minneapolis and St. Paul International Airport
• Honeywell CFAIRS system—developed Honeywell core iris technology and biometrics fusions.
• Video Motion Detection and Tracking testbed--an outdoor surveillance software package
• Video Integrated and Exploitation Workstation—a contract related to Video Indexing, storage and retrieval
• Bolter Detections in Airport Gates—detection of bolters exiting from entry checkpoints
• Intrusion Detection of high-end buildings—Geo-pattern based algorithm and adaptive thresholding
• Advanced Video Based People Counting System— video based counter system used for counting pedestrians entering and leaving sensitive places within airport gates
• Video Integrated Enterprise Workstation—Statistical Mixture Modeling based Image Segmentation Video Fusion - multi-camera object tracking, activity clustering, and threat modeling for high-end perimeter security and surveillance systems From July 1995 to June 2003 (8 years) Adjunct Faculty, Dept of Electrical Eng. @ During 1989 – 1993, he received his doctoral degree and served as a lecturer and post doc research associate within the University of Minnesota.
During 1993-1999, he held positions of adjunct faculty and research associate.
During his ten years at University of University, he focused on theoretical and practical aspects of sonar/radar signal analysis, statistical analysis of beam-space estimation of direction of arrivals theory, video and image processing, Mathematical modeling, pattern recognitions, wavelets, computer vision, video surveillance and Biometrics applications. From April 1993 to February 1999 (5 years 11 months)
MBA in Mgmt of Technology, Management of Technology, with honor @ University of Minnesota-Twin Cities From 1997 to 1999 Ph.D., Electrical Engineering @ University of Minnesota-Twin Cities From 1989 to 1993 Dr. Hamza is skilled in: • Management of Technology – Entrepreneurship, Voice of the Customer,, • Managing in a Technological Environment, Quality Control, New Product Mgmt,, • Communications in a Technical Environnent, Project Management, • Marketing Management in Technology-Based Organizations, • Managing Innovation in a Technical Environment, • Corporate Responsibilities, Automation, Biometrics Technology, International sales, Integrated Security Systems, Building Automation, IP CCTV, Intrusion Detection, Physical Access Control
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension