Executive Vice President North America and President USA @ Weidmuller North America
General Manager, Americas @ Universal Robots A/S
President and CEO @ Tennessee Industrial Electronics
Highly accomplished visionary executive with domestic and international experience in sales, operations, P&L management, multi-channel product distribution, acquisitions, and strategic planning in growth organizations. Results oriented, decisive leader with proven success in new market development, strategic thinking and problem solving. Proven track record of increasing sales, global market share and profitability. Tendency to thrive in dynamic, fast
Highly accomplished visionary executive with domestic and international experience in sales, operations, P&L management, multi-channel product distribution, acquisitions, and strategic planning in growth organizations. Results oriented, decisive leader with proven success in new market development, strategic thinking and problem solving. Proven track record of increasing sales, global market share and profitability. Tendency to thrive in dynamic, fast paced environments while remaining pragmatic and focused.
- Organic Revenue and Market Share Growth
- P&L Management and Development
- Strategic Planning
- Strategic Marketing: Segmentation, New Market Identification
- Sales Leadership: Sales Process and Sales Force Effectiveness
- Domestic and Global Channel Management
- Operations Management Oversite: Production, Supply Chain Management, Quality
- Process Improvement: Lean, Six Sigma
- Change Management
- Leadership Development / Talent Management / Mentoring / Coaching
- International Experience
- Acquisition Integration
- Industrial Automation, Controls, Motors, Drives
- Electrical / Electronic / Networking / Connectivity
- Industrial Manufacturing / Metal Fabrication / Machining
- Embedded Computing
- Information Technology Infrastructure
- Industrial Wire and Cable
President and CEO @ Tennessee Industrial Electronics, LLC is a leading supplier of repaired and refurbished industrial electronic parts to end users, integrated suppliers, independent machine service providers, and industrial resellers. The core business is focused on parts and repair for FANUC CNC (controls, servo motors, spindle motors, drives) and FANUC Robot Controls. We deliver our customers machine uptime with the worlds largest inventory of high quality, new, refurbished, tested, and certified parts.
- Assisted private equity firm with deal evaluation, analysis, and due diligence.
- Responsible for 40 employees and $20 million in revenue.
- Developed and led the execution of 100 day plan to fill out key leadership team, define performance metrics, establish financial reporting, and transition from cash to accrual accounting systems/processes.
- Led multiple projects to position the business for growth including new web site, Salesforce.com CRM implementation, outbound selling/marketing, and channel growth initiatives.
- Achieved more than 10% channel growth and 50% web sales growth to offset a double digit annual decline in the market. From August 2014 to December 2015 (1 year 5 months) President @ Rittal manufactures the world's leading industrial and IT enclosures, racks and accessories, including high efficiency, high density climate control and power management systems for industrial, data center, outdoor and hybrid applications.
Full P&L responsibility for Rittal Corporation in the U.S. with manufacturing operations in Urbana, Ohio and sales, marketing, service, and logistics nationwide. Direct reports include Vice President Sales, Vice President of Marketing and Product Management, Vice President Finance, Vice President Production and Engineering, Vice President Supply Chain, Director of Human Resources, and Director of Quality.
- Developed and executed multi-year and multi-faceted transformational change program to restructure organization around people, products, and performance.
- Executed start up of new U.S. HQ location in Chicago.
- Created culture of accountability for results by establishing and implementing strategy deployment process with clear company-wide strategies cascading down to departmental key performance indicators.
- Executed key leadership talent changes and focusing on improving employee engagement and trust through leadership development, talent management, training, and clear communication.
- Achieved double digit domestic and channel sales growth.
- Won significant Industrial OEM and IT OEM project business. From January 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 8 months) President, Industrial Solutions Division @ Full P&L responsibility for the Industrial Solutions Division of Belden Americas Group delivering high-speed electronic cables, connectivity products and solutions within North and South America.
ISD totaled more than $450 million in revenue and was comprised of multiple business units including Industrial Cable, Alpha Wire and Cable, Industrial Networking/Connectivity (Hirschmann and Lumberg), GarrettCom, and Electronic Control Systems.
Direct reports included Vice President Industrial Cable, Vice President Alpha Wire, Vice President Industrial Networking, Vice President Industrial Connectivity, Vice President Sales, Vice President of Product Development, and Vice President Finance. Matrix responsibility for Human Resources, Manufacturing, and Logistics.
- Increased revenues by 10.3% (more than 2.5x market) and expanded EBITDA by 250 basis points.
- Increased demand creation activities driving 400% YoY increase in qualified/accepted leads. From 2011 to 2012 (1 year) Vice President and General Manager @ Full P&L responsibility for over $200 million in sales/service and direct or indirect responsiblity for roughly 230 employees.
Led all aspects of sales, marketing, product managment, and customer service/support of the U.S. subsidiary of Phoenix Contact, a German based global company. Direct reports included Vice President Sales, Vice President Marketing and Product Management, Director of Channel and Key Accounts, Director of Customer Care and Sales Operations.
- Delivered 45% sales growth in 2010 exceeding 2008 peak sales by more than 15%.
- Instituted new strategic planning process.
- Developed 2009 strategy to outperform competitors and create our own economy during the recession. Strategy included promotional program and channel stimulus program aimed at key products. Grew this product portfolio more than 50% to offset general recession decline of balance of portfolio.
- Executed price increases, special pricing control measures, operative cost improvements, and other programs to improve mix resulting in increased profitability (EBITDA) by more than 200 basis points in 2009 and 2010. From 2008 to 2011 (3 years) Vice President Global Sales - Embedded Systems @ Top line responsibility for over $500 million in global sales revenue and more than . Selling embeded electronics in military and commercial applications. Also responsible for sales operations, channels, sales force effectiveness. Direct and indirect responsibility for over 200 employees. Direct reports included Vice President Sales Americas, Vice President Sales Europe, Vice President Sales Asia, and Vice President Sales Operations.
- Delivered 12% sales growth in 2007 more than 2X market growth globally.
- Finalized integration of multiple acquisitions without losing key talent.
- Secured 120 new design wins worth $30 million in initial revenue and over $100 million in potential annual sales. From 2006 to 2008 (2 years) Vice President CNC Business @ Full P&L responsibility for over $140 million business unit in GE Fanuc. Responsible for sales and service of machine tool controls, services, solutions, parts, training, repaire, etc. in the Americas. General responsibility for more than 150 employees.
- Delivered 15.26% CAGR from 2001 to 2005.
- Grew share 7 points during this time by focusing on target machine tool OEM conversions.
- Increased average annual contribution margin 1000 basis points by transforming the business to focus more resources on after market service, parts, repair, and productivity solutions aimed at end user installed base. From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) Husky Business Manager and Customer Centric Leader @ Served as business manager for $20 million business providing turnkey control cabinet solutions to large plastic injection molding machine OEM. Also served as Customer Centric Leader, provided cross-funtional leadership to implement customer focused metrics and processes. Earned Six Sigma Black Belt. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Region Sales Manager, CNC Business @ Served as region sales manager for $30 million sales region. Direct reports included 6 sales engineers and 5 application engineers. Responsible for sales growth of CNC control systems to machine tool builders and retrofitters in Central United States including Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Western Pennsylvania, and Tennessee. Also responsible for sales growth of service business including parts, field service, repair, and training. From 1995 to 1999 (4 years) Automation Sales Engineer @ Responsible for growing sales of automation products and services direct to large end users (automotive, primary metals, process, pulp & paper, machine builders, etc.) and through electrical distributors in central and southwestern Ohio. From 1992 to 1995 (3 years) Sales Training Program and Sales Engineer Virginia @ From 1989 to 1992 (3 years) Engineering Coop Student @ Six Semester long assignments included product development in anti-lock braking systems, second shift first line production supervisor, and multiple plant engineering assignments in electrical controls engineering. From 1986 to 1989 (3 years)
MBA, Business, Cum Laude @ Xavier University From 1992 to 1996 BSEE, Electrical Engineering, Cum Laude @ University of Dayton From 1985 to 1989 Douglas Peterson is skilled in: Product Management, P&L Management, Product Development, Manufacturing, Engineering, Channel, Networking, Process Improvement, Sales Operations, Key Account Management, Leadership, Selling, Embedded Systems, Sales, Product Marketing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension