Looking for a high quality, cost-effective alternative to working with big marketing firms? DJP Marketing Consultants work diligently to help businesses in the medical device, pharma and diagnostics healthcare markets find their voice amongst all the competitive noise – Finding Your StandOut. We work with you to find those elements that differentiate your product(s) and/or service(s) from
Looking for a high quality, cost-effective alternative to working with big marketing firms? DJP Marketing Consultants work diligently to help businesses in the medical device, pharma and diagnostics healthcare markets find their voice amongst all the competitive noise – Finding Your StandOut. We work with you to find those elements that differentiate your product(s) and/or service(s) from the rest of the field through listening to customers (retail and healthcare professionals), knowing the competition and understanding the healthcare market.
Core Services Offered:
• Strategic planning and messaging
• Customer needs analysis
• Competitive intelligence / SWOT analysis
• Product / Service launch package development, to include:
o Advertising, digital marketing and SEO strategies
o Customer and Sales collateral development
o Customer, Sales and Distributor training presentations & materials
• Labeling and packaging
• Developing and managing educational webinars
• Technical writing (User manuals, monographs, CLSI documents, etc.)
• Market research
Principal, Marketing Consultant @ Dotty Peterson, principal of DJP Marketing Consultants, brings 20+ years of successful retail and healthcare professional sales and marketing, both domestically and internationally, for medical device and diagnostics healthcare companies like Alere, Matrix Technologies, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott and MediSense. Dotty also has experience in selling to big pharma companies such as Pfizer, Merck, and AstraZeneca.
Dotty has developed effective strategic plans and managed successful product portfolios, as many as 400 SKUs at a time, with annual revenues of up to $110M. Her specific strengths include:
• Having a strong understanding of the medical device, pharma and diagnostics healthcare markets
• Listening to customers through field research to discover hidden needs
• Effective utilization of internal and external resources to create and deliver unique messaging that differentiates the products and/or services from the competition and speaks directly to customers
• Training sales teams and distributors in consultative selling – bringing value and strengthening the customer relationship
• Managing the product life cycle through effective pre-launch, launch and post-launch tactics From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Global Product Director @ Responsibilities included: global market development and product management of the pneumonia and Strep A product lines which combined represent global sales revenues of $110M for 2014. Established and maintained the competitiveness of the business franchise worldwide and supported the regional marketing teams to ensure commercial success.
Created and drove the output of a cross-regional and cross-functional product team to deal with product and product launch related teams.
Developed and implemented with input from the New Product/Market Development team, geographies and non-commercial groups each year a 1 and 3 year marketing & operational plan. Included portfolio and product strategy, pricing, reimbursement, regulatory and clinical plans, marketing and communication strategy, publication plans and global KOL advisory board and congress participation.
Supported the commercial organizations with documentation (e.g. regulatory, clinical, etc.), managed cross-functional project teams and portfolio strategy and provided global marketing support for websites, training, publications, scientific KOL and global congresses.
Conducted quarterly review of all business franchises with management of business units, geographies and functional heads via webinar.
Coordinated the development of train-the-trainer and website content for all of business franchises. From 2013 to 2014 (1 year) Senior Marketing Manager, U.S. @ Responsibilities included: the marketing and sales support of the respiratory and healthcare associated infection (HAI) products. These products combined represented sales revenues of $41MM+ for 2012. BinaxNOW S. pneumoniae sales grew by 36% 2011 versus 2010 and BinaxNOW Legionella sales grew by 23% 2011 versus 2010. Success can be attributed to strategic messaging (clinical, economic and operational outcomes based), soliciting and understanding customer needs, continuous sales direction communications and training, new marketing support materials, key opinion leader development, and implementation of complimentary educational webinars for customers. Successfully launched three new products in 2010 and one in 2011.
Participated on cross-functional teams for product enhancements and launches. From 2006 to 2013 (7 years) Account Executive @ Sales Representative
Responsibilities included: the sales and support of Matrix’s complete line of liquid handling products, automation and consumables; territory budget of $3.2MM, YTD 2006 had attained 87% of goal; customers included Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Wyeth, Abbott.
Product Manager, Assay and Storage
Responsibilities included: strategic planning for the complete line of assay and storage products used in the clinical area (pharmaceutical, biotech, etc.); forecasting 80+ SKUs; new product development and launches; current product direction and support; sales direction, training and support.
• Successfully launched two new products that generated $3MM in sales revenues in the first 6 months of introduction. From 2004 to 2006 (2 years) Marketing Manager @ Managed the Marketing Department for a company that distributed diabetes ancillary products to the retail market, both branded and private label. Responsibilities included: P&L (2001 sales: $35MM), budgetary, forecasting (400+SKUs), strategic planning, new product development and launch, sales direction, employee hiring, evaluation and development.
• Successfully grew and developed the Marketing Department into a fully functional department in 2000-2001.
• Successfully transitioned the Marketing Department from Inverness Medical to the new owners, Johnson & Johnson, in November 2001.
• Successfully launched two new products in 2002. From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Marketing Manager, Professional Diabetes @ Manager, Worldwide Labeling 1998-1999
Managed the creation, approval and release of diabetes product labeling (retail cartons, user manuals, inserts, etc.) for all new products worldwide. Responsibilities included: development of long-range plans for the department, budgetary, employee hiring, evaluation and development, and strategic planning with Worldwide Marketing and R&D.
• Successfully started a labeling department in 1998: hired and trained three people; created department policies and procedures; set budgetary needs based on the number of new products for that year.
• Successfully launched two products worldwide.
Senior Product Manager, US Professional Marketing 1996-1998
Managed the diabetes healthcare professional business. Responsibilities included: strategic planning, creation and development of sales materials and journal ads using an external ad agency and internal Marketing Communications group, creation and execution of promotions through the Professional Medical Sales force (94 reps.), initiated market research, analyzed the category, forecasting and budgetary ($6MM).
• Created and executed the 1997 healthcare professional marketing plan, resulting in a 100% increase in sales over 1996. Recognized by Divisional VP of Sales & Marketing.
• Successfully launched two new products in 1997, as part of a cross-functional product development team.
International Product Coordination Manager 1992-1996
Primary responsibility for informing and representing the international subsidiaries on all marketing activities at corporate. This included leading and/or participating on all cross-functional teams for new products (development, packaging and launches) and worldwide strategic planning. Other responsibilities included product technical support.
• Successfully launched four new products worldwide. From 1989 to 1999 (10 years)
MBA, Business @ Northeastern University From 1994 to 1997 BS, Medical Technology @ Northeastern University From 1980 to 1985 Dotty Peterson is skilled in: Market Development, Capital Equipment, Product Marketing, Product Development, Healthcare, Infectious Diseases, Hardware Diagnostics, Commercialization, Product Management, Marketing Strategy, Hematology, Medical Devices, Strategic Planning, Account Management, Budgeting
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension