Systems Engineer @ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSoftware Sales Executive @ From August 2013 to March 2014 (8 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSolution Specialist @ From December 2012 to August 2013 (9 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaTechnical Sales Manager @ •Initiate technical discussions, technical presentations and requirement gathering sessions with potential customers
Systems Engineer @ From March 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSoftware Sales Executive @ From August 2013 to March 2014 (8 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaSolution Specialist @ From December 2012 to August 2013 (9 months) Sydney Area, AustraliaTechnical Sales Manager @ •Initiate technical discussions, technical presentations and requirement gathering sessions with potential customers in the sphere of cloud solutions and middleware.
•Design, size and build solutions around the gathered requirements and present these to customers in the form of formal proposals.
•Developed marketing strategies to increase the awareness and deployment of server virtualization solutions.
•Responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with key partners namely SAP, HP, IBM, EMC, VMware, Veeam, Red Hat, Kofax, Microsoft and Cisco.
•Designed solutions with Cisco unified compute system (UCS), VMware virtualization, storage, backup & recovery systems. From November 2011 to December 2012 (1 year 2 months) Product Manager @ • Responsible to meet customers to identify their IT requirements.
• Involved in IT service management (ITSM) & IT strategy consulting projects
• Evaluated options for potential solutions and presented them to customers
• Responsible for maintaining a vibrant relationship with key customers & partners. (HP,IBM, PTC, RedHat and Microsoft) From October 2009 to November 2011 (2 years 2 months) Sri LankaProject Coordinator– Integrated Business Solutions @ •Developed infrastructure sharing procedure and negotiated commercial agreement with other telecom operators.
•Reviewed & managed network development and maintenance expenditure against budget.
•Responsible for building and maintaining good working relationships with other telecom operators. From September 2008 to October 2009 (1 year 2 months) Sri LankaTrainee-Marketing Division @ • Involved in designing “Dialog Broadband” main web portals (i-fone)
• Manage all “SAP” entries related to the “Dialog Broadband” marketing department.
• Involved in developing user manuals for “Dialog Broadband” main products. (WiMax, Box
• Carried out market research to enhance existing products (HSPA, WiMax, Box office, Wi-Fi).
• Research for methods to better utilize international bandwidth. From January 2008 to September 2008 (9 months) Business Analyst @ •Prepared business requirement documents & used tools to manage, analyse and convert business requirement in to functional specifications.
•Developed use cases from requirements and created UML diagrams such as use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and sequence diagrams.
•Prepared project progress reports, status reports and submitted to the management on an on-going basis.
•Provide product training to the staff.
•Conducts presentations to key decision makers. From January 2006 to August 2008 (2 years 8 months) Sri Lanka
BICT, Information and Communication Technology @ University of Colombo From 2004 to 2008 Dilupa Ranatunga is skilled in: Project Management, Software Sales, Customer Relations, Business Strategy, Quality Assurance, Telecommunications, Cloud Computing, Team Leadership, Pre-sales, Business Analysis, Market Research, Team Management, GSM, Customer Service, Business Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension